Author Topic: Giving it another shot  (Read 1107 times)

Offline wlnuncwTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wlnuncw has no influence.
  • Old school player
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Giving it another shot
« on: May 21, 2023, 08:12:45 AM »
So this is my second return to uo and my second attempt at writing a proper introduction LOL. I began playing UO when I was in college around 2003.  I think that's when it was Peak AOS expansion before then I'd never played an online game before so the concept was completely new and my friends were geeking out super hard about it so I decided to join too.  I settled on swordsmanship and taming.  unbeknownst to me that was probably the hardest newbie template to start but I had fun either way.  eventually, we started a guild with our friend group which was small but we would usually group together and figure out the game eventually pointing us to dungeon doom.  At this point we learned how to script so we started to build our characters well enough to tackle the dungeon.  so of course many runs many deaths and okay gear that's when one of our friends got the first artie of the group….I think it was the hunters head dress. So with the excitement the we ran Doom almost on a daily basis all while trying to keep my grades up in college LOL.  I never got an artie no matter how many times my white worm died and I did direct damage with my amazing sword skills LOL. Eventually, Samurai Empire came out which was cool but I was more interested in getting the minor arties and the loot off or paragons.  By then I changed my play style and used more of a pure mage,  making the game a little bit easier for me as far as farming is concerned. I think at this time too we were part of more of a major Guild called HOTT  where we would do Champs spawns. Now of course we would get raided, so that made the game a bit more exciting.  I think I hit my Niche when I figured out how to kill paragon lich lords, liches and rotting corpses solo then used my treasure hunter to unlock the chests and hunt down the Tmaps. When Mondains Legacy came out I was nearing the end of my college career lol and was getting more involved in the adult world of a working career.  I'd say because of this I tapered off my Ultima Online experience and the new expansion just didn't appeal to me like the previous ones so I slowly stopped playing to the point to where eventually  I hung up my UO hat for good.  so fast forward to 2023 and I  ran across a YouTube video that talked about old school games and how some of them were brutal this of course included Ultima Online.  Watching that video made the memory start flooding back and Nostalgia started creeping back  so with that said I'm back in the uo world trying to relive a little bit of nostalgia and try a few different play Styles out.  I've settled on the demise free shard and so far it's been a pretty sweet ride so let's see how this plays out and I hope to see some of y'all in the game.
:d

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Giving it another shot
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 08:48:18 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline wlnuncwTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wlnuncw has no influence.
  • Old school player
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 08:53:48 AM »
sick
:d

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 06:46:30 PM »
WELCOME!

Tags: