Author Topic: New Member!  (Read 902 times)

Offline rgp982Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rgp982 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Member!
« on: May 26, 2023, 05:43:36 PM »
So, UO first. I started playing very shortly after the game was released on Atlantic. I think I dropped the new player (if that was a thing back then, can't remember) and ventured outside of Fel Minoc for about 30 seconds before being PK'd. I knew that this was the game for me. I carried on playing for many years and eventually quit shortly after PowerScrolls were introduced. I thought it was a terrible idea then and still I'm not too fond of it today. I prefer an equal playing field, especially in PVP where skills and items are now VERY important whereas 20 years ago it was really just a player skill based game. Anyways, I got back into the game maybe 7 years ago and quit again after a year or so because PVP was my thing and I noticed it has been completely taken over by cheats. I was literally killed off screen by a flame strike.

So for the last 6 or 7 years I've been playing other games such as EverQuest, Star Wars, WoW, Rift, etc and all of them had hotbars. I got back and started playing EC because that's just what I was use to after several years. It was fine and it works fine but I just feel like it's dirty. Not sure why. I wanted to get back into CC but the idea of using the options to set up 100 hotkeys was just unbearable. Not to mention the non-grid bags. OMG! Not sure how I played with that before. A friend introduced me to Orion and it looks like an excellent compromise between CC and EC, although I still miss hotbars.

I play toons of all varieties. Currently run a Necro/SW/Tamer for solo champs. Have an Archer that I'm still unsure what to finalize with. A T-Hunting Tamer as well as a crafter and once upon a time a Scribe/Nox/Mage which I turned into a Mystic/Mage after finding out they destroyed poisoning. Currently I'm on LS mostly with a Stealther on Atlantic for IDOCs.

On to me. I'm 40, no 41. Whatever, I'm old. I'm a Windows Systems Administrator and live in Texas with my wife and 3 boys. We are currently building a house just outside of Austin on nearly 2 acres and it's very stressful. UO is one of the things that allows me to deal with the stress of building a house, work and having 3 boys as well as 2 dogs. I'm hoping I can stay in CC and that Orion will allow me to bring the game to the next level with scripts to do the tedious things.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Member!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 07:17:16 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site! Orion is amazing!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New Member!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 06:44:35 PM »
WELCOME!

Tags: