Author Topic: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs  (Read 94173 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
+1
Well the quick solution was to just put protection on.  LOL  but I have been watching the steps  and see the differences between chiv and mage.  I will add your sub though!  Thx TM

Protection!?!  Why would that help unless you were being harassed by a mongbat?  lol.  I'd be interested in finding out what tweak I need to add to the subs, so lemme know what you find so I can include the fix.  At the moment, I don't  have a character that does much SJ.  I may have to track down my test subs and do some iteration testing.  Problem is that most of my test runes were to cities you can no longer recall to.  Boy I wish they'd leave the cities alone during events.  They are all ghosttowns anyhow.  I wish I still have screenshots of the heydays of UO around the Vesper bank.  30-40 people running around with the same going on even at the Minoc bank.  I'm sad now.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 12:14:04 AM »
+1
I had a chance tonight to play a bit with this.  I'm actually finding some strange things.  I ran some old test code where I just recall/gate/SJ from 4 runes in a book over and over again.  There are instances when I do an event macro 17 to open the runebook, and it just won't open.  To test this, I wrote a container open sub that will retry opening the runebook and count failures.  And behold, the counter does increase every once in a while showing the book just won't open sometimes.  So if the book doesn't open, you don't change the index you're gonna goto, so you recall/gate/SJ to the same spot.

I'll do some more testing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
+1
Well I am farming- so i do get interrupted with an occasional spell of hit that throws the sub into fits of retrys.   Protection allows that quick fix.  But that doesn't help recalling into an area of monsters and not recognizing that it was successful.  By the time it retries a 2-3 times I could be dead.  Waiting longer to check the x,y coords in combination to the protection is the answer.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »
+1
I'm actually working on a new set of subs that will run as a "server" like the rail engine can.  So you can perform the transport request, but then have access to run defense-related stuff while you monitor a flag to determine if the transport was successful.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
+1
not only does event macro not always open teh book these days.. when you click to flip pages thats not always successful either (espeacilly if do it do fast after opening book).

ITs kinda anoying.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
+1
not only does event macro not always open teh book these days.. when you click to flip pages thats not always successful either (espeacilly if do it do fast after opening book).

ITs kinda anoying.

Indeed!  I remember when my test routines would run from point to point 100s of times until I'd get bored and switch it off.  It's not the case anymore.  Bummer.  But yes, I think something has definitely changed in the past few months.  I'm not sure if it's attributed to EasyUO or UO client issues.  Who knows?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM »
+1
Good morning and Happy New Year!

Quick request  :-\

When you put out your next version of these subs could you add "encumbered_to_move" to the journal scan loops when testing for failure? Just figured I'd throw 'er out there in case you were contemplating an update at some point so that way I don't have to remember to add it hehe.

As you suggested I'm working out my own error handling routines based on your return of #TRUE on failure. This includes a rescan of the journal, etc but seems to be working just fine so far. I imagine it will be ok as long as there isn't someone spamming a bunch of garbage while I'm performing the error checking routine after failure.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
+1
I already added that one to my internal version, but haven't posted it yet because of the gump strangeness that was occurring.  I need to get around to posting it....  It's seems for now you've got it covered.... ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 04:13:36 PM »
+1
What happens if you tell the script to recall off a location in the runebook that is empty?  Will it return some type of error?

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »
+1
I asume it would return false since you will be in the same location. like if you failed or if somthing blocks you.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
+1
ya, you should get an error and you can redo the action.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
+1
actually. since there is no rune in that location, you won't be able to set a default location, and will you try to recall to the last Defaulted Rune.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:36 AM »
+1
Is there a message that displays specific to when you try to select a location in a runebook that doesn't have a rune? I'm at work right now so I can't check.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
+1
shouldn't the gem isn't available on the gump, the location is blank. so it would be like clicking nothing on the screen.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
+1
Is there a message that displays specific to when you try to select a location in a runebook that doesn't have a rune? I'm at work right now so I can't check.

Actually you do need to know where the runes are at before time.  These subs DO NOT use OCR, which is the only way you'd be able to sense if there's a rune in the page slot or not.  I wanted to make these subs capable of running while minimized.
Come play RIFT with me!