Author Topic: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs  (Read 108424 times)

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Trailmyx's Runebook/Spellcast Subs
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
Thought so, but wasn't positive.

Offline YaLooo

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • YaLooo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 07:52:43 AM »
hi all

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »
Hello Yaloo,

You might want to consider going to this board and posting a intro, will help you get off of restricted status.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=20.0
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 03:58:31 AM »
Code: [Select]
;   gosub TM_AddUnderscore #CHARNAME
;   set %charname #RESULT
;=================================================================

Where's the AddUnderscore sub? :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 04:21:59 AM »
I have to remember to add that back into the subs.  But someone else pointed this out and doing a quick search from the main page revealed this:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=235.0;highlight=addunderscore

SMF search function is VERY good, BTW.  It's based on where you are in the board, so if you want to search the entire board, make sure you start the search from the main page.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »
TM,

I am working on using the travel subs in a bod fetching script.  It logs onto multiple accounts/characters and runs to get bods with them.  

I have it resetting the underscore sub with each toon, have all of the journal subs in and unless I get a fizzle, it runs fine.  If it fizzles on a recall the script doesn't pick it up and it hangs.  It does recognize a blocked location and will select the alternate rune. I think I have isolated the issue at the journal scan after the target in the spellcast sub by putting in a couple of event msg notes as follows.

NewCastSpell_skip2:
      if !whichspell >= 0 && !whichspell <= 63 ; Magery
      {
        gosub TM_AdvJournalScan SPELLCAST VALID spell_fizzles there_is_already mana your_spirit more_reagents
      }
      else
      {
        set !cont #FALSE  ; Chivalry, Necromancy, etc
        finditem !whichtarget *
        if !whichtarget in SELF_NONE || #FINDKIND <> -1
          set !cont #TRUE

if #MANA >= !tempmana && !cont = #TRUE ; check if target is still there
          set #RESULT #TRUE
        else
          set #RESULT #FALSE
      }
      repeat
      until #SCNT2 > !casttimeout     ; finish up cast delay
      if #RESULT = #TRUE
      {
      event exmsg #charid 3 4 Journal scan picked up a fizzle and should head to recast
        if !castretrymax > -1
        {
          set !castretry !castretry + 1 ; %castretrymax of -1 will cast until successful
          if !castretry > !castretrymax
            goto NewCastSpell_end1
        }
        goto NewCastSpell_loop1
      }
      event exmsg #charid 3 4 Journal scan was negative for fizzle, script will continue
      if #SCNT2 <= !casttimeout     ; finish up cast delay
        goto NewCastSpell_skip2

I am thinking that my data feed to the travel subs must be good as its picking up the blocked location, but if that is the case, then I am not sure why it isn't catching the fizzle unless it is just going too fast. I am going to add a wait 5 in front of the journal check and see if that makes a difference. I suspect I am missing something though...  

A wait didn't make a difference, so I am pretty sure I have something wrong with the journal scanner setup.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:09:14 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »
I did some more playing with this and I think I have confirmed that the rune-book subs are inconsistent when you fizzle on a recall.  SJ works fine because of the position check.  I noticed the problem consistenly with my BOD script and on occassion with the SUO Crafter.  

When using well developed toons this is unlikely to be in evidence because you will generally have enough magery to recall consistently.  However, because I used the sub in a script that recalls repeatedly with less developed toons I was able to observe the issue pretty extensively.  (Yes, I like to watch scripts run...)

I was runnning the script on home shard on which I ping in the 70s -- not noticeably laggy when you are running around and I don't see noticeable lag running scripts.  I played with the wait immediately prior to the journal check and it didn't seem to fix the problem, so I am not 100% sure where the issue lies.  I simply "fixed the glitch" in my BOD script by adding the SJ position check to the recall sub.  Another work around is to put enough jewelry on an under developed toon to reliably recall -- around 65 magery.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
I have to remember to add that back into the subs.  But someone else pointed this out and doing a quick search from the main page revealed this:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=235.0;highlight=addunderscore

SMF search function is VERY good, BTW.  It's based on where you are in the board, so if you want to search the entire board, make sure you start the search from the main page.

Hi TM,

I know this post is an older one ... but you are confusing me a little.
I asked you a few moons ago the same question about the non existng underscore SUB
and you told me that in was outdated ... and not used anymore by the Travel SUB.

If I remember correct I figured out this must be the truth because of the fact that you
even never use the %charname var within the whole travel SUB.

btw thank you for this great travel SUB :-)

@Paulonius
I use TM's Travel SUB mostly with Recall and I havn't had issues so far even my ping is about 120
I havn't read your script but do you check the #RESULT after using the SUB correctly to make sure
the requested recall worked ?

cu

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Ah yes.  That was back before the advanced journal handler automatically modified your character name to remove spaces.  It's got it built-in now because people weren't copying all the required subs and EUO doesn't error out when a sub isn't found.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 06:30:28 PM »
Been playing with ths for a while now and kept having probs with it not waiting long enough on the SJ part. Mostly when traveling to different servers. You might want to consider raising it to 30 80 or , which seems to work much better. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 06:36:32 PM by luv2luvlong »
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2010, 08:27:32 AM »
It appears that, with a new patch, something changed in the way error messages are reported.  This results in a blocked location also reporting a fizzle, and 'fizzle' being the most recent event in the journal.  Therefore, the runebook travel sub was getting stuck in TM_NewCastSpell loop1 and/or skip2.  I commented out the 'spell_fizzles' portion of the advJournalScan syntax and it *appears* to be working now.

This is for XII's miner, btw.

More reporting as events warrant.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »
why on earth would they make that change?  lol
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2010, 09:47:15 AM »
It appears that, with a new patch, something changed in the way error messages are reported.  This results in a blocked location also reporting a fizzle, and 'fizzle' being the most recent event in the journal.  Therefore, the runebook travel sub was getting stuck in TM_NewCastSpell loop1 and/or skip2.  I commented out the 'spell_fizzles' portion of the advJournalScan syntax and it *appears* to be working now.

This is for XII's miner, btw.

More reporting as events warrant.

ahh man... what a great catch.  I've been racking my brain this morning with that.  Thankyou!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »
Just to be clear:  I don't recommend changing TM's work wholesale.  This was just the tweak I needed to run my particular cheaty script.

If you really fizzle a spell, my changes will dork with TM's error check routines.  This is just a spit-and-baling-wire approach to one specific problem.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
Probably should do something about it anyhow.  Since this is actually getting stuck in the casting routine and that retries until success, it can get into a loop that won't return failure like you'd expect.  You can just change the casting, to retry 2-3 times instead of -1.  I.e.:

gosub TM_NewCastSpell 31 !rbook -1 10 10 ; recall until successful

changes to

gosub TM_NewCastSpell 31 !rbook 2 10 10 ; retry 2 times

This way, the subs will return failure.
Come play RIFT with me!