Author Topic: Another Project Idea: Macro information on the Web & Remote Control  (Read 2559 times)

Offline paezaoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • paezao has no influence.
  • Why can't we script our RL Jobs?
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.

Id like to tell you im about to try and implement a way to send script information (like how many iron the char mined, or wether he is alive or dead, etc) to a web page. And after that, id like to implement a kind of remote control, where you would click buttons on the web and tell the macro to pause, to continue, to command a rez bot, etc. Maybe even plot the bot location in an UO map online (thats me getting crazy).

What you guys think about that?
Would you like to help?
Any suggestions?

Scrripty

Re: Another Project Idea: Macro information on the Web & Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
Hello everyone.

Id like to tell you im about to try and implement a way to send script information (like how many iron the char mined, or wether he is alive or dead, etc) to a web page. And after that, id like to implement a kind of remote control, where you would click buttons on the web and tell the macro to pause, to continue, to command a rez bot, etc. Maybe even plot the bot location in an UO map online (thats me getting crazy).

What you guys think about that?
Would you like to help?
Any suggestions?

A lot of people have done things like this, but usually they are more advanced and don't make it into the public domain. :)  Someone will want to help if you start tho I'm sure.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:57:45 AM »
Great, I already started it out...

Im coding the midware application which is a .NET C# Console App, ill pass the info through the args and it will feed a MYSql DB, that way the data will be online in the first place.

And then ill move on to the other features

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »
sounds like a fun and useful project unfrotunatly im over committed on projects at the moment to help out in any way.. but keep us posted of your progress
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
Well guys I managed to send info to a website from easyuo using a midware application I wrote in C#

http://www.elmuquifo.com/suo/suo.php

Okay, next step is sending messages from the Web to the Scripts.

Im thinking of making a "orders" mysql table, with the commands that must be sent to the scripts, and have my midware application read the orders and generate text files or xml that the scripts will understand and use.

Any better ideas?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:47:40 AM by paezao »

Tags: