Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 479964 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1170 on: April 05, 2023, 09:05:54 AM »
I'm down to running only a few scripts anymore, but this is one of them (as well as SOSMaster being supported by Gaderian).  I do run on a freeshard and run this script daily.  From my own usage, I see no issues at all.  My usage is that I run in 2 hour increments and so far have never had issues with this script. 

But if you're having lag issues, it's always best to locate the "WAIT" statements right after a recall/gate/sacred journey attempt and make them a bit larger.  Also if you find your character just standing there, just pause the script and note what line/subroutine the code is stalled at.  One thing I remember seeing is if the script gets to the point where it's either looking for a banker or a secure before the server has time to populate the surround #FINDIDs due to lag, it might get stuck.  Adding a delay can help this.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 07, 2023, 12:39:55 PM »
If your house has the chance to spawn aggressive things, then setting up a safe logout location would be the wiser choice than leaving it unset.

Can we just chalk that up to temporary insanity? I have no idea what possessed me at the time, to go ahead and make my house the "safe" place! I've since changed it to an inn on both and that works fine. I still have the issue of not finding the tillerman at the bank but can't think it's anything more than lag.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 07, 2023, 02:50:28 PM »
I'm down to running only a few scripts anymore, but this is one of them (as well as SOSMaster being supported by Gaderian).  I do run on a freeshard and run this script daily.  From my own usage, I see no issues at all.  My usage is that I run in 2 hour increments and so far have never had issues with this script. 

But if you're having lag issues, it's always best to locate the "WAIT" statements right after a recall/gate/sacred journey attempt and make them a bit larger.  Also if you find your character just standing there, just pause the script and note what line/subroutine the code is stalled at.  One thing I remember seeing is if the script gets to the point where it's either looking for a banker or a secure before the server has time to populate the surround #FINDIDs due to lag, it might get stuck.  Adding a delay can help this.

I extended wait times by about 10 each. I watched a bank run and it appears sacred journey is not casting for some reason. It looks like it's supposed to try again but doesn't do it. Am I right? There is no error and it's unlikely there's anything standing on her spot on the ship. Not sure what I should change since it seems to say to try it until it works but it only tried once.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 07, 2023, 07:13:26 PM »
Can you afford 65 magery to succeed at recall 100%?

There is a lot more feedback to determine the travel spells when using magery(recall/gate travel) vs chivalry(sacred journey) - so the travel routines do a much better job of determining what happened.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 08, 2023, 07:33:53 AM »
Can you afford 65 magery to succeed at recall 100%?

There is a lot more feedback to determine the travel spells when using magery(recall/gate travel) vs chivalry(sacred journey) - so the travel routines do a much better job of determining what happened.

I can use a soulstone and swap something, most likely, for magery. I will give that a try.

EDIT: I don't have any characters on that account I can steal magery from and it would take too long to train it up, not to mention also finding room for meditation. Is it possible to just have the sacred journey command repeat? Seems if I'm already there, fine and, if not, this might do it. On the other hand, maybe there's a way to use the Recall (scroll) option? I could make sure the book stays full. Just a thought.

Anyway, maybe that's possible or how else can I get it to check for location and know, if I'm not in the right spot, it casts again? I'm not sophisticated enough with programming to do that myself.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:43:56 PM by CityKitty »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 10, 2023, 03:59:05 PM »
+1
With C2's ultimate Casting Trainer, 2/6 jewelry, and a spell channel mage wep like a wand (-29 is the best but anything it good) you should be able to hit GM super quick!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 10, 2023, 06:11:19 PM »
+1
Crisis explanation to train magery is true and quick enough (maybe 7 hours?).

However, if you can dedicate a suit to skills, then you can equip some things to give you more magery and meditation. A book with +skill magery and meditation is possible. Jewelry set with 15 of magery and meditation can be crafted simple enough (needs crystalline blackrock from mining to allow imbuing the skills). Even looting or buying +20 skill jewelry is possible.

If your character is a mage then the spell woven britches grant 10 meditation.

So it would be possible to gain magery (65 = 100% recall success) and meditation (could be GM) with:
ring +15 magery, +15 meditation
bracelet +15 magery, +15 meditation
spell woven britches + 10 meditation
spellbook with +12 magery and +12 meditation (this is the max it will spawn with 9-12)

47 magery, 57 meditation in skill bonus
18 magery as real skill + 43 meditation as real skill (61 skill points)

If you are are at your cap of 720, then you may find a way to get the other skill points without as much impact to your play style other than swapping a suit. You could even get back a different 60 points from a different ring and bracelet to give you enough skill to restore the lowered skill(s). It would take 2 or 3 skills to get more points.

So in my estimation almost anything is possible with a little creative accounting.

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline destlucks

• Activity:
    0%
  • destlucks has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 22, 2023, 01:26:32 AM »
is it normal that the script does not move my boat at all

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 22, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »
I use this constantly and it works with no issues as long as it is a small ship and facing North. You cannot use it with medium or large ship or the ships introduced with the seas expansion unless you modify them. It may also need modifications on free shards.

TLDR: Get a small ship and make sure it is facing North before you start.  :D

Offline destlucks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 22, 2023, 03:51:05 PM »
Ok got it working was the loot thing that i did not load haha.

Last queations i have MIB ticked because i want to pick up the sos bottles but it just leaves them in the snake corpse why?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 22, 2023, 06:22:13 PM »
A few years back, they changed the id of the MIB so you will need to update that in the script. Try replacing the old one with UVH but I am not 100% positive that is correct.

Offline destlucks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx\'s Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1181 on: August 23, 2023, 02:58:05 AM »
Ok cool do you know where in the script to change it i checked really quick but did not find it. Alot of display stuff for MIB bit not the actual item ID to change it.

Im on official shard

Post Merge: August 23, 2023, 04:35:37 PM
A few years back, they changed the id of the MIB so you will need to update that in the script. Try replacing the old one with UVH but I am not 100% positive that is correct.
Lemme know if you know where in the script to change the id

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:35:37 PM by destlucks »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 23, 2023, 05:01:55 PM »
There were a few places to change it, do a search for the old id and replace the old id with the new one. I do not know the old one but I am sure if you do a search there are probably a few posts here talking about the change.

Offline destlucks

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 24, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »
Yah thanks bro found it before you sent the reply :) not i need to fix the fact that it disconects. And the message i get ia you are nearly overweight.

Weird because bank runs are enabled and working

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 26, 2023, 11:06:10 AM »
Can you provide more details on the character weight issue?
What is the character race?
OSI or freeshard?
Character strength?
Is it 'big fish' related? Does it successfully drop 'big fish' to the deck of the boat, or does it push the character to hold too many stones? Big fish changed from being the original types of fish to all the different fish types, so there may be something being overlooked in the script when those are caught.

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing