General > New member introductions

Good intro example: sooo.. I fell off the wagon again.

(1/3) > >>

baldielocks:
After a two year dry spell, I have fallen off the wagon :'( and come back to UO for a bit. I have played off and on since T2A. I played on Baja the longest, but am now on deserted Lake Austin. I play PVM mostly, because I am old and my reflexes suck. Working on PvP, but there I am afraid I am a lost project.

Why did I come back? Nostalgia for one. But I have played several games in the past two years, and none has the complexity of UO. I tried evony, and was #1 on server 61 in 2 weeks and stayed there for three months. I tried Fallout 3, and played it several hundred hours. Even tried my hand at facebook games. No other MMORPG has ever held a candle to UO as far as I am concerned.

I am a retired Navy vet, two years into civilian life. I am a contract trainer at Boeing, teaching people how to build the world's finest aircraft.

I have a lovely 39 year old wife, (red head, 5 foot 4, 107 pounds, 34 D (fake)), who works out daily and has a SMOKING bod after four kids and living with me for 13 years. My oldest son is 22, my youngest is 16 ( yup, I married a lady with four step kids. At least all are from the same father lol :P).

I remember Trailmyx, but not sure you remember me. I searched for his name on GOOGLE and found this site.

I used to write numerous guides on skill gaining and running vendors, plus hunting tips and newbified feedback on scripts on several boards. I even wrote a script once on UOcoders, but it sucked. It was a gold at your feet stacker.  *late edit* On UO Coders, I wrote and posted the first ever intensity charts for fletcher and carp runics, plus added intensity charts for all tailor and smithy runics.

I have a vertical learning curve ahead of me in the game, and look forward to scriptuo making that a little easier. Might even try my hand at scripting again. During T2A, I used macro programs to capture movements on screen as scripts (did the tape a penny trick too).

In advance, I thank all the scripters kind enough to share their talents and scripts on sites like these with those of us less skilled. 8)

manwinc:
Come back to Baja. And You shall Learn this PvP's.

Actually you shall learn how to try to kill blues who like darting in and out of GZ :)

baldielocks:
How is Baja these days? I should make a character and check it out.

TrailMyx:
What was your user name on UOCoders?  Welcome, BTW!

12TimesOver:
Welcome to SUO baldielocks. Thanks for the intro!

And thank you for your service.

X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version