Author Topic: TMapper Redesign  (Read 19360 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
TMapper Redesign
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:05:52 AM »
+1
So with the changes I've come to the conclusion that the solo Provo/Peace Bard Tmapper is no longer the best template for level 6 maps. Namely this is because all Guardians must be killed before opening the trunk thus leaving no spawn to provoke on that last Guardian and if he happens to be an Ancient Wyrm the Peace/EV tactic doesn't cut the mustard.

I'm going to overhaul my Tmapper and do some testing. The overhaul will include the readjustment of some skills and to design the perfect suit to support the redesigned template. To start I'm thinking about simply adjusting the Bard/Mage template since this is what I've been playing for years and would like to continue using:

120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Peace
120 Disco
110 Magery
100 Cart
100 Lockpicking
100 Med

Now, this is of course a total of 890 points and is impossible to do without the right skill bonuses and the use of Soulstones. I want to see how many bonus points I can get from items and still sport a great suit. I'm new to Imbuing so I know it isn't as easy as packing on max point values on jewelry because there are limits based on the point structure and there becomes very high chances to fail. I also know that there are plenty of people here who have done major Imbuing testing and can offer some guidance!

I think the suit for this template should include:

100 LRC
At least some FC/FCR for better Heal/Cure/EV/Mindblast cast times
High mana regen
Max'd resists

Among this the items that could include supporting skills would be:

Ring - is it viable to put 3 x +15 skills as well as other stats with Imbuing?
Bracelet - same question as ring
If an Elf, Song Woven Mantle for the +10 Music
If an Elf, Spell Woven Britches for the +10 Med
The Life of a Traveling Minstrel Talisman for +5 Music and +5 Provo

I see the potential for 120 skill points just on these items but the use of all these items could in fact make it difficult to hit the other suit requirements.

So with all this said, I've been beating my head against the wall thinking through all of this but without good Imbuing understanding I'm really looking for input from some of my fellow scripters!

Most input is appreciated ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

Re: TMapper Redesign
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
+1
Seriously, just go tamer with enough magery to EV and such.  Make your life easy. :)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
+1
Seriously, just go tamer with enough magery to EV and such.  Make your life easy. :)
Nope, although I may try that at some point just for fun. I have a goal of making this template work, not necessarily making the most efficient template!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:07:12 AM »
+1
Mark of travesty gives you +10/+10 skill.

You'd need music & one of the bard skills to get the full 20 points.

Keep in mind, if you are using skill increase on items for your music/bard skills, then the "songs" are less efficient (unless they changed that with this latest publish).

I was using a mark of trav music/prov 2 months ago and noticed the damage was less than it should have been for the songs. Once I worked up the real skill 120/120, I got the full buff or damage from the songs.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »
+1
Real bards don't need magery.  They drink invis potions and walk/swim/sail to where the 'X' marks the spot!

:P

Seriously though, with the right suit, you probably don't need Med at all.  Worse case, you have to wait a bit before you cast another EV.

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 12:08:31 AM »
+1
Imo if your going to run a pure bard t-hunter i would suggest using one of those bondable creatures you get from the SA tokens. I forgot the name of them at the moment but its basically a nightmare that anyone can use and you need no taming or lore skills to control it. Just disco the last guardian aggro the pet onto it area peace g-cure, g-heal and you should have no problems.. Of course that always sounds good on paper.
As far as the suit goes i have yet to divulge myself into the realm of imbuing. I've got 3 guildies that do it for me but ill ask some questions about building a suit to meet those requirements and see if i can come up with any input

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 03:58:14 AM »
+1
I want the easiest possible template in order to my maps solo.   I have a gazillion of them from when the elves first came out.   

I just have to buckle down and go on test to see what works.   I'm still having trouble finding the exact spot to dig.   Must be oldtimers disease :P

I am most definitely interested in the type of suits.  This area of UO (just like WoW) gives me a headache.  Its too much MATH (which IS A FOUR LETTER WORD!). 

I assume I'd want LRC/LMC as the most important attributes.  After that, i would guess resists and/or luck

I'm thinking:
120 Provo
120 Music
120 Discord
110 Magery
100 Lock Picking
110 Evaluate
  50 Med (not sure that would even be helpful *shrugs*)

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:58 AM »
+1
You're gonna need cartography on that template somewhere, unless you plan to stone it off when maps are decoded.  Also...mining...  Hmm...I haven't seen a new map yet, maybe mining is not necessary if the map is good enough to spot the spot.

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »
+1
shield - Vesper chaos for FC / FCR
Boomstick - with britches, / sleeves, you are going to need  the LRC/ Also FC1 and MR3 fits.
all 70's close to out of reach with britches and sleeves. doable, but lose out on extra properties.

bracelet / ring - 3 x 15 is doable, BUT at 1.4 intensity, you are almost maxed out. ( 420 total imbue points I think for the 3)

this is off the cuff at work, will play with resists on pieces when I get some time. If you add in a helmet (lots of choices), you are walking on thin ice as far as resists are concerned.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
+1
See my T map results thread in UO General.  Very doable with a bard wearing modest jewels and a sorceror suit.  I recommend a tamer for backup, in the event that the AW kills the two balrons too quickly.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 03:03:45 AM »
+1
shield - Vesper chaos for FC / FCR
Boomstick - with britches, / sleeves, you are going to need  the LRC/ Also FC1 and MR3 fits.
all 70's close to out of reach with britches and sleeves. doable, but lose out on extra properties.

bracelet / ring - 3 x 15 is doable, BUT at 1.4 intensity, you are almost maxed out. ( 420 total imbue points I think for the 3)

this is off the cuff at work, will play with resists on pieces when I get some time. If you add in a helmet (lots of choices), you are walking on thin ice as far as resists are concerned.

Thanks for this! :)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »
+1
I have experimented with alot of diffent t mapper templates the one i like the best so far is
100 magery
100 eval
100 cartog
100 lock
100 fishing
100 focus
100 mysticism
20 mining

I use skill jewlry and gloves  to take mining up when needed somone asked me why fishing well ive been getting sos in my chest ever since i put fishing on my chacter woot

Offline uncle Skinny

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • uncle Skinny has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 03:02:28 PM »
+1
I"ve been soloing level 6 T-maps for the last couple of months with no problem at all. This is my template below:

100 Magery(+20 Crystaline Ring)
100 Res
100 Lockpicking
100 Carto
120 Mystic
120 Focus(+20 Crystaline Ring)
100 Mining

Colosus for the kill.
Mass sleep at the pop for your set up.
Hope this helps.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
+1
I"ve been soloing level 6 T-maps for the last couple of months with no problem at all. This is my template below:

100 Magery(+20 Crystaline Ring)
100 Res
100 Lockpicking
100 Carto
120 Mystic
120 Focus(+20 Crystaline Ring)
100 Mining

Colosus for the kill.
Mass sleep at the pop for your set up.
Hope this helps.

Great to hear! I'm making nearly the exact same template for my first thunter, which I keep putting to the side.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »
+1
I've found that the bard tmapper template can easily solo up to level 6 maps, assuming that said maps are located in Malas, Ter Mur, Tokuno, or Ilsh. Ancient wyrms don't spawn on maps in those zones.  :) my template is:

100 magery
120 music
100 provoke
100 peacemaking
100 lockpicking
100 cartography
100 mining

I wear an LRC/luck suit with all 70s resists, some DCI, and enough mana regen to make up for the lack of med/focus. Jewelry brings peace and provo to 120 and magery to 110. I use Jaana's staff for DCI and have enough magery imbued onto the jewelry to make up for the -20 skill cut and still bring the total skill to 110.

I personally have trouble finding the new spots without mining but if you're really awesome then you don't need the skill. When looking for skill bonus items to help out with a cramped template, don't forget about the + 5 mining bod reward gloves - they are imbuable!

Tags: