Author Topic: Who?  (Read 11564 times)

Scrripty

Who?
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
+1
Who are all the c# programmers here?  I'm having a lot of fun in visual studio 2010.  Damn they made it easy.  A trained monkey could probly get an 80k job doing this...  Designing menus in 2010 is a breeze...  And the damn thing nearly codes everything you need itself.  Crazy.  Who's got the coolest free c# code repository websites bookmarked? :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Who?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »
+1
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:09:16 AM by gimlet »

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
+1

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
+1
That's also why I really loved the UOMachine project.  Too bad Xenoglyph has disappeared.  His project was really darn cool!!!

All the power of a client interface wrapped with all the power of .NET Forms!  That's just sexy.

Actually, if you follow the work of BTBN at EasyUO, he's done some interfacing between C# and OpenEUO.

If his editor did reflection/autocompletion, would have never started using LuaEUO.  But it was hard to script/debug without being able to have autocompletion from assemblies.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:03:03 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
+1
That's also why I really loved the UOMachine project.  Too bad Xenoglyph has disappeared.  His project was really darn cool!!!

All the power of a client interface wrapped with all the power of .NET Forms!  That's just sexy.

Actually, if you follow the work of BTBN at EasyUO, he's done some interfacing between C# and OpenEUO.

If his editor did reflection/autocompletion, would have never started using LuaEUO.  But it was hard to script/debug without being able to have autocompletion from assemblies.

I seriously like typing one or two letters and hitting tab. :)  It's shorthand on crack!

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »
+1
I mean seriously... how easy is this?  Half a day of playin around learning the whereabouts of the interface and what the commands do?  I can't believe it's that easy...  Do you have 2010?  Cause 2010 Ultimate is very nice. 

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PictureViewerMS.zip

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
+1
I've played with 2010 a bit, but since it's not mainstream (most people are still only used to .NET 2.0) I do most of my development in 2005.  ScriptUO is still only .NET 2.0.

I try to keep compatible with Mono also, and 2010 kinda kills Mono.

Hmm, I wonder if I can even compile ScriptUO now that I've migrated to a new computer?

Actually, I really don't use Microsoft tools.  I still develop with SharpDevelop 3.0...
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »
+1
I've played with 2010 a bit, but since it's not mainstream (most people are still only used to .NET 2.0) I do most of my development in 2005.  ScriptUO is still only .NET 2.0.

I try to keep compatible with Mono also, and 2010 kinda kills Mono.

Hmm, I wonder if I can even compile ScriptUO now that I've migrated to a new computer?

Actually, I really don't use Microsoft tools.  I still develop with SharpDevelop 3.0...

Well it's all backwards compatible by drop down menu isn't it?  I can setup the actual code to be compatible with 08 or 05 or .net 2.0 or whatever by drop down menu I thought...?  I've been having too much fun playing with the newest tools tho.  That file there was all cut and paste.  I didn't have to code really much of anything.  Amazing how simple it is.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
+1
Not really.  It's all about what .NET revision you have installed.  Since not everyone has .NET 4.0 installed, it can be annoying to try and distribute programs that try and push the envelope.  So for ScriptUO, I kept in sync with Razor since that was going to drive the UO crowd within the .NET framework.

Having said that, left to play with things, I wish the OEUO community would think more seriously about using modern .NET in the scripting sphere.  Like you're experiencing, it's a joy to use, but Cheffe consistently pisses all over it.  Shame really since .NET really solves most of the existing OEUO UI issues.

Cheffe has made it abundantly clear his disdain of the .NET architecture, so I'm not filled with hope for .NET compatibility.

With all that said, I still have fun with .NET daily, and because of that, I make waaay more than 80K/yr.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:26:00 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
+1
When i wrote the crystal porter I didnt know any better and set to use  net 4  as the default (with visual studio 2010).

I now have switched to netframework 2 as my default for all I write - the code size is a bit bigger but i'll trade that so people dont have to install another program so they can use mine.

I am attaching a picture of my next release that will work with both the classic and enhanced client and should be released in a few days.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
pilot2.jpg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:18:46 AM by gimlet »

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
+1
I've never been concerned with what other people do.  I write for me first and foremost.  Next is everyone else... heh  I should probly stop now and go back then to 2.0 tho since it's still the most compatible with most, and is the most marketable skill still. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
+1
You can/should use the latest tools like you're doing, but if you intend to distribute, you should build for 2.0.  Normally, it's not a big deal, but if you link in methods that rely on >2.0, then you won't be able to distribute.  

I try to build first for everyone else since sometimes it's difficult to backtrack from the sweetness of 4.0.  If I stick with 2.0, then it's easy to publish.  When I build ScriptUO, I compile theSharpDevelop Editor with 2.0 then I compile all my ScriptUO code with 2.0.

But anyhow, because of ScriptUO, I have to think of the masses before I think of me.... ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:58:46 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »
+1
I'll develop what I'm working on for more people after I get the hang of object oriented programming a bit better. :)  The whole namespace thing is a bit much to consume when you're learning from scratch. heh  It's all easy so far from what I've learned, it's just pushing out my comfort zone with it from a very small zone.  And learning the most usefull commands inside and out from the thousands and thousands of commands available.  Its wierd getting used to the bracketing of EVERYTHING too and I still have a bit of trouble with the caps/non caps thing.  Ugh.  I'm so used to just breezing through typing without a worry about capitalization until the end. :)

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 02:41:15 AM »
+1
I found an amazing book and I thought I'd share. :)  Thinking In C Sharp.  Revision 1.  By Bruce Eckel.  Amazing descriptions.  Probly best for someone with a BIT of experience tho.  You probly need to have the basic concepts down before reading it.  If you can't see why this is a GREAT example, probly not for you yet. heh

Code: [Select]
Type name:
Light

Interface:
On()
Off()
Brighten()
Dim()

Light lt = new Light();
lt.On();

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 03:46:40 AM »
+1
I found an amazing book and I thought I'd share. :)  Thinking In C Sharp.  Revision 1.  By Bruce Eckel.  Amazing descriptions.  Probly best for someone with a BIT of experience tho.  You probly need to have the basic concepts down before reading it.  If you can't see why this is a GREAT example, probly not for you yet. heh

Code: [Select]
Type name:
Light

Interface:
On()
Off()
Brighten()
Dim()

Light lt = new Light();
lt.On();

hehehehehehehehe - a whole lotta light and dark going on

Tags: