Author Topic: TheReapers Mace and Shield Donator - Get some funky glasses today!  (Read 37161 times)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: TheReapers Mace and Shield Donator - Get some funky glasses today!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »
+1
Nope.  The script RULES.

Offline Man7dowN

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Man7dowN has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »
+1
works good

Offline Loki

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loki has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
+1
I dont see the script?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »
+1
I dont see the script?

Reading this post may help with your question:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1750.0
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
+1
ok, ran across this script, thought it would be cool to get it setup & working since i just began playing a sampire that uses M&S shades. i got my secure on my steps, loaded 60,000 ingots into it, got the runes all set, and i'm thinking it's going great & about to start making bucklers. instead the script starts trying to make 'baskets' to hold the bucklers. that requires a whole different set of materials, a book to be read, etc. wouldn't the script requiring a few backpacks, or even the same boards for shafts for baskets, but instead make the boards form a crate, be more simple/ faster/ better? i'm certain the author was using the fewest skills possible, so the tinker can craft the smith hammer & baskets, but a carpenter (which my smithy/ tinker is also gm carpenter) could use those same boards and bang out a small crate a lot faster in fewer steps than a basket.
just offering an alternative idea guys, but i will sit down & make the materials for this script to run as is and see what happens. :)  (always wanted a use for those sacs of poison i looted from the sliths when SA launched hehehehe!)

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
+1
 >:(
man, i've been a member here a very short time and every script i've tried has been really great work, some even beyond my comprehension to setup they were so intricate, but This script!! man, i don't know what is going on with it but all it wants to do for me is make the tiny little PICNIC Baskets!!  at 1st, i thought ok, the author makes a basket to drop 50 bucklers into, then donates basket, no biggie. i set about getting the materials and get everything all setup, hit play. i am thinking it's going to do a popup, ask where my library rune is, house rune, etc., but no, none of that happens. it just starts demanding the materials for making the baskets and keeps right on making baskets.
i would really love to have this work as posted!!! i have a few friends, as well as myself, that would love to get some mace & shields this way.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
+1
Ok. First off. Are you on a free shard or OSI?

Next. Sounds like the gumps (menus) have been changed.

Not being script literate I would say look at the script and find where it is "supposed" to be making the bucklers.

Here.

Code: [Select]
if %TR_make_first_buckler = 1
   {
   click 285 415 dmc
   }
else
    {
    click 30 170 dmc
    wait 5
    set #contPosX 0
    set #contPosY 0
    wait 5
    click 235 70 dmc
    set %TR_make_first_buckler 1
    }
gosub TR_waitfor_generic_gump

Then examine the blacksmith menu to find the right menu buttons for making bucklers. use the location finder built into EUO to find the changed coordinates. exchange bad coords for good coords. and you might just be good to go on your own.
 ;D

No idea if that works or not. Just spitballing an idea here. ;)
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
+1
BW is right on here.  The craft gump probably has changed since this script was written, so the button positions for the buckler is in a different spot now.  You just need to find where it moved to, and then change the coordinates that are called out by the "click" command.  It's making 1 buckler, then repeating the last item made.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:27 AM »
+1
see, this is why i really think this site rocks! you guys & gals really jump right on an issue and get it figured out.
sadly Bookwyrm, i'm even less script literate than you so i'd have never managed to figure that out.
thanks also TM!
i'll certainly read thru the code but not sure i can decipher where the 'buttons' are, nor how to locate the new ones, but that's what makes a day a good day, learning something new. :D

in reference to the question: OSI shards are all i play
**UPDATE**
ok, i got in game, booted EUO, and opened blacksmith menu, and then went down right hand side of EUO looking at all those #yadayada:  but this is where i'm lost. i have no idea what lines, nor in what section, i'm trying to find so i can go change it in the script. i understand the theory, i just need a little more guidance please.
As always, thank you all for the help in advance!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:43:54 AM by roadrunner »

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 02:55:32 AM »
+1
Gotta rush to work atm. Will see if I can give you a more detailed fix when I get home.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 03:07:47 AM »
+1
well bless you for trying BW. i've got every section on right hand side of EUO open and i'm looking but i can't seem to find any coords that appear similar to '30  170 dmc'
i really wish i knew at least this much about the codes, and i do want to get that knowledgeable, i'm just not there yet.

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »
+1
well bless you for trying BW. i've got every section on right hand side of EUO open and i'm looking but i can't seem to find any coords that appear similar to '30  170 dmc'
i really wish i knew at least this much about the codes, and i do want to get that knowledgeable, i'm just not there yet.

Without reading the thread let me try and point you in the right direction. dmc = Dont Move Cursor and goes hand in hand with the click command. The numbers to the left are the x/y co ords were the click will happen. So if something has changed in the gump then you need to change the x/y location. What is the easiest way to do that? Go to the main SUO page and in the search box type in TrailMyx's OffsetClick generator and run that script.

Hope this helps!

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 08:02:23 AM »
+1
thank you LugNutz!  i'll certainly give it a try. :)

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
+1
 ;D
yeah, i got a Cheesey grin because i got TM's Offset Click Generator (the longer snippet of the 2 on the page) to give me this info

double click smith hammer: 113 X coord   21  X coord  gosub offsetclick 1641 856
click shields button: 113 x coord  21 x coord  gosub ofsetclick 28  134
click buckler button: 113 x coords 21 x coords 232  68

now i'm nowhere near sure this is the correct info because i'm clueless as to how i'm supposed to run the 2 snippets together. what i did was loaded the long snippet, clicked play, loaded short snippet (into EUO) clicked play. then as i clicked on each 'item' i hit alt+F1 and copied the info.
if this is right, and i'd have to be blessed by God for it to be right on 1st try, i'm going to need some help too know exactly what sets of numbers i change. i really don't want to break a script.
if i didn't get the correct info, if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to go about getting it, i'll try.
thanks again for all the help! i think thi; s is an awesome script, and it's 1 of the only NPC we cannot donate commodity deeds of resources to on OSI shards. so i need to get it working to get myself mace & shield glasses. hence my putting in so much effort. :)
PS: i'm currently mining ore like mad using Spewy's runebook mining script to have plenty ingots on hand when this buckler script gets straight. as always, if anyone knows of a script (mining) that setup isn't way over my head, for EUO (that's only console i'm familiar with so far) i'll certainly give it a try.

ok, i used TM's FINDINFO snippet and verified on my OSI shard the following:
tinker tools (oval wooden looking type):JTL (i did edit from KTL)
smith's hammer: TLH
buckler shield: FIK

OK, now that i got right tinker tool ID it made 'axe' which is top button, like buckler, just wrong page. so we may be on right trail. but this script never did the 'setup' w/ me. like askking for library rune, where my ingot stash is, none of that. any ideas how i might can get that all setup as well? in the script it says 'remove ";" below if you ever want to edit any of the setup and i removed & saved, in various steps, all of those i saw & restarted script but it never gave me the setup gumps.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:50:13 AM by roadrunner »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »
+1
Note that the offset click generator gives a RELATIVE x,y position from the selected gump.  So for the x,y values to make sense, you need to click the gump you want to locate a position.  In this case, you'll want to bring up the craft gump and CLICK it to be sure it's the TOP gump and then capture the x,y coords where you hover your mouse.  If you accidentally click your backpack, it will give your cursor position relative coordinates from your backpack instead of the craft gump.

I noticed this:

gosub offsetclick 1641 856

which leads me to believe that the the gump wasn't selected.

OR, I just noticed this.  All you need to do to "select" your smith hammer is to determine the #FINDID of the hammer, transfer that to the #LOBJECTID variable and perform a "event macro 17" which will "use" whatever ID is found in #FINDID.  In this case it will open your craft gump.

For this it's easy to get the #FINDID.  Just double click your hammer and then look at what value is located in the #LOBJECTID variable.

For these kinds of things since you can use up your hammers, you are best to search your pack looking for hammers of #FINDTYPE and then grab the appropriate #FINDID.  This allows you to have a bunch of hammers in your pack, and when you use one up (discarding the #FINDID) it will select the next hammer and continue with your request until you are all out of hammers.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: