Author Topic: Pork Loin with Feta and Spinach  (Read 3100 times)

Offline CanukerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Pork Loin with Feta and Spinach
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »
Need: One fair size pork loin, one medium to large white onion, garlic, small red or orange pepper, spinach(frozen or fresh, thawed and drained if frozen), one package of feta cheese and some lemon and herb rub plus a cup or so of chicken broth or red wine.  Bakers twine.

Take a nice size pork loin and butter fly it down the middle rolling the meat out as wide as you can. 

Place plastic wrap on either side of the meat and use a meat hammer to flatten it to around 1 CM-1/3 inch thick.  Find a nice lemon and herb rub and rub the meat well.  Wrap again and place in the fridge for a hour or for the night, the longer the better.

The next day dice one medium to large white onion, a clove or three of garlic and some red or orange pepper.  Cook the onion and pepper for a few minutes until soft then add the garlic and spinach cooking till the spinach is wilted.

Remove the cooked stuff to a bowl and add the feta, mix well and allow to cool.  Pre-heat oven to 350.

Take the pork onto your cutting board.  Cut five decent lengths of twine large enough to circle and tie the meat if your were to roll it up like a jelly roll.  Place the mixture on top of the loin and roll it like a jelly roll, tie every few inch's. 

Sear the roll in a frying pan(ideal would be one that can then go in the oven) on all sides and place in oven for 45-50 mins. 

When the roll is cooked through set aside in a tent allow it to set.  In the frying pan deg-laze the pan using the broth or wine to make a sauce.  Cut the roll and serve with veggies.

I'll post some pics over the next few days to show the process.

Enjoy,

Chef Canuker
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: