Author Topic: tailor 0-120  (Read 13644 times)

Offline jawetzelTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jawetzel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
tailor 0-120
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Uses cloth in cut up cloth form, as if you bought bolts off the tailor and cut them up, and leather. it makes tinker tools and tailor kits, so have ingots in your bag of resources please.

Have only gotten to test it once during the debug while making my tailor, and only tested on osi. so would appreciate some feedback.

reason it was made because CEO's wasn't working and its easier to make a new one than sift through 5000 lines of code

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
jawetzel tailoring.txt
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:40:03 AM by jawetzel »

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: tailor 0-120
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:09:02 PM by Crome969 »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
so your basicly saying, it would be wise to change the repeativeness in the inital setup, and the item to make by skill into subs so it would be 1 set of 6 lines instead of 6sets of 6lines, make less room for error

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
so your basicly saying, it would be wise to change the repeativeness in the inital setup, and the item to make by skill into subs so it would be 1 set of 6 lines instead of 6sets of 6lines, make less room for error
Every Code development (Not only Easyuo Scripts) should have some structure.
The Advantages:
1) Better Reading of Code
2) Lesser Writing Codes because you can use the same lines again and again
3) Better Hotfix of Code. Change 1 Sub or change same code 100th of times can be a minor difference

In a Script like this it may not affect that much, that you would need to change and create a structure.
If you ever experienced with scripts with some thousand lines of Code, you will know what i mean.

It doesnt exist a standart in structures, i personal use this

• Header - Describes the whole Script
  • Subs - Splitted in Minor and Major Subfunctions
  • Main -  The Main Workflow how the script should Work

Here is a Pseudo example of a structure:
Code: [Select]
;#####################
; Name : Pseudo Example
; Puroise : Header
; Author : Crome696
;#####################
Sub Setup
Display cal here your Setup
return
;------------------------------
Sub MajorA
Gosub MinorB
return
Sub MajorB
gosub MinorC
gosub MinorA
return
Sub MajorC
gosub MinorC
gosub MinorA
return
Sub MinorA
display Minor A
return
Sub MinorB
display Minor B
return
Sub MinorC
display Minor C
return
;######################
; Main Flow
;######################
Gosub Setup
for %i 1 3
{
Gosub MajorA
}
Gosub MajorB
Gosub MajorC
In Easyuo you can lay the Subs where you want in other ScriptEngines like Stealth or Openuo, functions must be loaded before you can call (forced structure).
Find your way to make a structure as well helps you to find ways to cut time to code and evolve yourself to write bigger scripts with lesser Code

another Example about the Viewing of Code:

set %BOS LLOCYMD
set %Supply POF_GMF_TTO_UVF
set %Queen RGB
set %Underlings PGB_SGB
set %Meold #scnt
Gosub Hole_One
Gosub Move_to_Queen
Start:
Gosub Get_Quest
Gosub Return_Hole_One
Gosub Hole_Two
Gosub Hole_Three
Gosub Do_Quest
Gosub Return_Hole_Three
Gosub Hole_One
Gosub Move_to_Queen
Gosub End_Quest
set %Me #scnt - %Meold
event macro 1 0 %Me
Goto Start

Have fun

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »
i probably could do a better job of making it easier to read, its just usually my process includes starting at line one, figuring out how to enter  what i'm trying to do, make the body of the script with what i want my subs to do in mind beforehand, then filling in subs to fit what i just wrote. Usually the scripts i do are done in one session of writing, with some debug afterwards.

For the most part i throw my scripts out when they stop working and start from scratch unless it was a small fix, implementing some of the more recent things i have learned or organize it better as a 2nd go around, being more familar with what it needs to do. and seeing a more efficient way to do it.

for ex:
with http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=397879#397879

my 1st look into pulling things out of strings was probably a couple weeks before that. And my 1st crack at it, had to write out the whole thing long hand before could grasp it totally, and condense it into subs. Probably next time i need to do it, will try to turn the 5 different resists subs into 1 sub with more %1 variables to save more space.

Its just kinda been my process for learning, and don't have any coding background before easyuo, so its kinda learn as i go.

in short, this has been my general approach to organization, trying to shorten anything that i see as repeatable or doesn't happen every time into subs to either save space or not force the program to slow down with looking over unnecessary lines
;startup:
;things i only gotta do once before the scrypt kicks in
;
;item change:
;if the main loop needs to perform a diffrent function
;
;mainloop:
;what the sctypt does
;goto mainloop
;
;Sub a
;
;sub b
;
;sub c

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:04:01 AM by jawetzel »

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:01 AM »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »
If you have downloaded and tested this script .. please leave some feedback as to how it functioned, thanks.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
Moved to inactive submissions
When/if you return to UO and Scriptuo and would like to continue on this script pm a mod to get it moved back to script submissions.
Thank you for your submission

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline przevas

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • przevas has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 06:54:51 PM »
Posting to enale download

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 05:02:46 AM »
Posting to enale download

You will need to go to the new member introduction section and introduce yourself if you want to download scripts. I would suggest reading the stickies there before posting your introduction.

Tags: