Author Topic: Need an advice for a PVP Archer  (Read 3246 times)

Offline hayhayTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • hayhay has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need an advice for a PVP Archer
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »
My archer has  this template already

Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Healing 120
Tactics 120
Chivalry 120
resisting spells 120.

I have trained him for PVM. But now, After I trained my sampire I want to use this char on PVP.  Whats your oponions about this template for pvp, does it need modification ? For example, is bushido needed on behalf of chivalry.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Need an advice for a PVP Archer
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
 It doesn't need modification, it needs an extreme makeover.

There's a ton of variations you can do depending on how extreme you want to take this but for the most part, chiv is useless in pvp and bushido is about as useless for a pvp archer.

1)You can simply swap chiv for fencing and have a standard disarm archer. 3 weps are involved, war fork and comp bow and heavy xbow for dismount. Disarm then equip comp for running shot.

2)You can drop chiv and lower tact to 90, anat to 100 and healing to 90 (enhanced aids give the same effect as +10 healing) and have 200 skill points left over. With this you can do 120 swords and 80 poisoning to make a disarm dp running shot archer which is extremely effective.

These are examples of basic archer temps that have been proven over the years to be effective in the field. Make sure to use your pvp supplies and have balanced bows.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need an advice for a PVP Archer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
I strongly disagree that chiv is useless in pvp. People just don't know how to utilize it properly :>

Bushido also is useful when paired with a chiv archer (Or fencer) and bushido/ninja based special abilities.

I'm bringing the necro dexxer back (people laugh until they fight it, then they cry for nerfs) and lately I've been running with a macer buddy of mine who uses 120 chiv, a war hammer and auto attacks for... well, enough damage :>

My next venture is the Necro Archer.

Swap macing for archery in that template, and you basically have the same template my buddy uses to great success. However for an archer it depends on what exactly you want to DO and how you operate as well as what templates you typically fight against. A run of the mill standard Archer Fencer (as Bodfather mentioned) is overall a decent choice for almost any situation as it plays to the strengths of most situations, group situations you can dismount people, disarm dexers who sit on your mages, disarm mages who use -mage weps over Wrestling or anat+eval. Other archer templates consist of the tamer archer and a dread mare (or bane dragon), the stealth archer, wrestle archer (Same as fencing archer you just cannot build hci/dci on your bow in order to be useful, but you can bait disarms for minimal dmg taken), the Tactics Mage Archer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:11:38 PM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: