Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 329265 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »
Code: [Select]
;=================================================================
; Script Name: SUOQuester - ScriptUO Heartwood Quester
; Author: Cerveza / TrailMyx
; Version: 1.18
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI / FS?
; Revision Date: 2007/05/05
; Purpose: Heartwood Quester with reload support for beetles
;          Only does Fletching (bows) and Carpentry (stools)
; Special Thanks:
;       SorrowMaster - original SMQuester
;       Bad_Maniac   - BMItemEval
;       Machine      - craftItem
;       TrailMyx     - Rail engine, Runebood subs
;       j4bber       - Scripting assistance, suggestions and subs
;       Maverick/Drak/Cake2/gatecrasher - Testing and suggestions
;     
; Revision History:
; v0.90 - Initial Beta Release
;       - Fletching ONLY
; v0.91 - Added Carpentry quest
; v0.92 - - Added hiding
; v0.93 - Hardcoded number of boards for packy
;       - Removed loading char with boards
; v0.94 - Added make tools at secure
;       - Added board check (Thanks Drak for the feedback)
; v0.95 - Bug Fixes: delay problems, fletching tools
;       - Added dump loot to secure (thanks J4bber)
; v0.96 - Should keep 2 tinker tools on you, loading from secure
; v0.97 - TrailMyx - Included rail system for testing
; v0.98 - J4bber - Fix for board stacks
; v0.98a- TrailMyx - OCR for toggling quest items
; v0.981nokal - TrailMyx - No KalInEx ocr, modified load_boards1
;             - Fix for make tools
; v0.985nokal - TrailMyx
; v0.987nokal - TrailMyx - complete rewrite of crafting sub
;             - random bag placement
;             - reset of crafting tools to configurable resource color
; v0.988 - TrailMyx same as v0.987nokal with test rails removed, phased out KalOCR
; v0.989 - TrailMyx fixed OCR and carpentry tools setup bug
; v0.9891 - TrailMyx fixed OCR wrong quest, drop bag in pack
;         - added waits for stability
;         - added quest count and safe recall rune support for ending script.
; V1.0    - FINALLY! Thanks TrailMyx / J4bber and all the testers
; v1.01   - stability additions
; v1.10   - Use virtues to clear cursor
; v1.13   - Switch back to key ESC to fix bugged cursor.  Thanks Mystre!
; v1.14   - Removed honor self.  Added ability to use resources other than normal color
; v1.15   - Removed s7 subs for recall.  Added Beetle unhiding feature.
; v1.16   - Now exclusively at ScriptUO.com
; Preview of UOC V2.0:
; - save config
; - bank support (multiple random banking refills)
; - random landing spots in heartwood <-- DONE
; - more (all?) quests, selectable from setup menu
; - menu with status
; - new user configurable loot evaluation system
; - ????
; Files Needed: Make sure they are all in your EUO directory
; - BMItemEval.euo         - Evaluates loot
; - tool_railengine30k.txt - Rail Engine to move char
; - hw_trinket.txt         - Rail File for path to trinket quest
; - hw_bowcraft.txt        - Rail File for path to bowcraft quest

Requirements:
Please check these off before you request help on the forum

• [  ] - You are running on OSI This script most likely will not work on your Freeshard
  • [  ] - Tamed and bonded beetle (bonded not really required, but nice when beetle dies)
  • [  ] - Raw Ribs if you would like your beetle fed at the beginning of script execution.
  • [  ] - Runebook with at least 3 runes marked. (Home secure, heartwood, logout) Does not support bank secure!!
  • [  ] - Lootbag in your main pack.  Please make sure this is a different container (big bag) than the bags dropped by the quest reward bag.  You run the risk of trashing your loot otherwise.
  • [  ] - Loot bag in your home secure MAIN LEVEL (when working from home secure)
  • [  ] - Runebook in your main pack
  • [  ] - All resources (boards, ingots, tinkering tools, carpentry tools) placed in the main level of your secure container and not in a bag.
  • [  ] - Tinkering skill sufficent to make tinker tools and crafting tools
  • [  ] - No tinkering?, then enough tinker tools and crafting tools in your home secure (tinker tools and joining planes, lots...)
  • [  ] - KEEP UO screen uncovered. This is so the OCR can see the quest (you can still use powersaver, but do NOT use a screensaver, or coverup the UO window)
  • [  ] - Rail engine requires that you not move the mouse during rail runs. Otherwise this will mess up your movement while riding a loaded beetle. Dedicate your computer to running this script by either just leaving it alone or running the UO session in a VM (virtual machine instance)
  • [  ] - 32-bit video card setup, will not function at 16-bits or 8-bits.
  • [  ] - Make sure you have placed all files (quester, looter, rail engine, rails, evaluator) in the same directory as your EasyUO executable. <-- Important!!
  • [  ] - Do not run this quester in full screen mode or the OCR functions will not work properly.
  • [  ] - Do not run UO Assist or Razor with this script!!
  • [  ] - Be sure to have your rune marked SOUTH a few steps of the gate, otherwise you may accidentally enter the portal before the rail engine is ready. (thanks marina)
  • [  ] - Be sure you remember to download the rail engine from the link supplied below
  • [  ] - Be sure you do not have Always Run selected.  You will need to walk with a loaded beetle.

A big thanks to Bad_Maniac and Machine for some of their work included in this script.

Please post your comments/questions HERE.  Please do not PM me

Please note that you will also have to download the Rail Engine with the rest of the files attached.

One post required to download scripts here at ScriptUO!

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
BMItemEval.euo
SUOHWQuester116.txt
SUOHWQuester119.txt
hw_bowcraft.txt
hw_trinket.txt
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 10:06:38 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.16 Q/A
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
Please read the Site Rules to become familiar with the download requirements of this script

And here's the Q/A:
Q:
My beetle keeps lagging out, what's up with that?
A:
Check to be sure you don't have "run always" selected in the client. Also, keep your hands off the mouse and avoid using the computer when the script is railing into and out of Heartwood.
---------------------
Q:
The quest I'm doing is never automatically selected; it just keeps looping.
A:
Be sure you are playing in 32bit video mode and that you are NOT playing in full-screen mode.
Also, try making sure your mouse is on the screen and physically "click" the grey area of the quest selection gump. (Thanks to Ultima for that tidbit)
Also, you must be playing in WINDOWED mode.  If you are playing in FULLSCREEN mode, this probably won't work.
---------------------
Q:
Why does this script take so long to select the quest even after it's on the screen?  Also seems to be slow when it's selecting the "Toggle quest item"
A:
Chances are real good that you are:
  • 1) Playing on an older computer
  • 2) Have a system with lots of programs running
  • 3) Trying to run on a laptop - be sure you are using your laptop plugged in and not running on batteries.  Also be sure that you are running in 100% utilization mode.  Most laptops throttle-back the CPU frequency.  Override this at your own risk since you can melt your laptop!
---------------------
Q:
How can I modify this script to do other quests in Heartwood?
A:
It's pretty easy. In the setup section, you need to change the appropriate item types, resource types, and tool types. Also, you need to let the OCR know that you want to stop at a particular quest by changing the "magic number" Here's a few numbers to get you started:

set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_I 10013928
set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_II 11388140
set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_III 12210240
set %QUEST_Lethal_Darts 5362724

It's pretty simple to have the quester let you know what these magic numbers are, but I'll let you figure it out.
---------------------
Q:
This quester does not run on my particular freeshard.
A:
Nope, probably not.  We do not officially support anything but OSI.  If you are willing to take some active debugging to help us figure out what might be the problem, then you might receive some help.  However, if you say "this script doesn't work on my shard, come fix it"... well, you won't get much help.
---------------------
Q:
What's so special about Freeshards and why the quester won't run?
A:
Freeshards have no "official" release for Heartwood or any other content related to the Mondain's Legacy publish.  RunUO in particular.
---------------------
Q:
How do I make the script use another wood other than normal?
A:
Locate the line:

set %reshue 1 ; 1-wood, 2-oak, 3-ash, 4-yew, 5-hearwood, 6-bloodwood, 7-frostwood

located in either your fletching setup or your carpentry setup and change the value of %reshue accordingly.
---------------------
Q:
Why isn't anyone answering my questions?
A:
We opened up the ability to download the script, however we are going to be selective about who gets their questions answered.  For those people that have participated in the site, we will be very helpful.  If you have only posted your introductory posting, followed by pleas for help, you will not receive much response.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:25:49 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline eightonefive

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eightonefive has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
i love the script, i've been using the old craftmatic script, and to not have to sit and load and reload the beetle is a nice feature. however, it always wants to try and run when i'm fully loaded along the rail. in my options always run is NOT checked, i tried looking through your rail engine to see if there was a place to force a walk in like you can with ceokey on the railrunner script but i didn't see it. I'm no scripting genius, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:38:57 AM by TrailMyx »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: heartwood quester
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
Well, force walk is definitely in the rail engine; people grip about it.  You cannot use this quester at the same time that you are surfing or anything.  You have to leave your computer alone while it's doing the questing thing.  But running vs. walking totally depends on the mouse pointer position to the center of your UO display, so if you are trying to use your computer for anything else, it will mess up your rail.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline eightonefive

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »
no not doing anything else with the system, if the mouse would stay centered on screen it would be ok, but when it starts walking via the rail the pointer jumps about five inches to the side causeing it to lag out. any suggestions? thanks for the quick reply btw. awesome work!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
Hmm, I'm not really sure what's going on for you.  I'm sitting here right now running 1.16/30k and was able to run without a hitch.

One thing to point out is that you can't run the rail engine too, you just have to have that file in the same directory as the heartwood quester, but don't run it since it's called by the quester and not run directly.

You'll have to describe your system a bit more, perhaps it's an operating system thing, other script interaction, etc.  But for me, I'm sitting here right now with the quester doing it's thing without fault.  *shrugs*
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline eightonefive

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
you know what, I'm sorry for making you check on this, I figured out what was doing it. i'm running windows 32 bit vista, and i was running uorazor. it was razor that was affecting it somehow, even thos I wasn't running a macro or anything else, it was razor.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
Damn Razor!  Heh, oh well, at least you got it going.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline eightonefive

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:27 AM »
ok
 first of all, I love the script, but now that I've had a chance to test it, there are a few things I think you could improve on. first, a menu perhaps like tazzmans heartwood script that allows you to cycle through and pick the script you want to do would be nice.

also, the carpentry part of your script doesn't actually do the carpentry quest. it's doing the carpentry section of the tinker quest, which wont get you any runic saws, only recipes. I don't know if this is what you intended or not.

anyway, thanks again for the hard work. back to fletching!!!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 10:11:59 AM »
ok
 first of all, I love the script, but now that I've had a chance to test it, there are a few things I think you could improve on. first, a menu perhaps like tazzmans heartwood script that allows you to cycle through and pick the script you want to do would be nice.

also, the carpentry part of your script doesn't actually do the carpentry quest. it's doing the carpentry section of the tinker quest, which wont get you any runic saws, only recipes. I don't know if this is what you intended or not.

anyway, thanks again for the hard work. back to fletching!!!

Well the v2 version of the Quester has menus galore plus it does the tinker, bowcraft, tailoring and blacksmithing.  I haven't released that one to the public other than the uocoder.com VIP section and back at winuo.org in their contributor section.  This version is meant to be lean and mean.

The carpentry quest does "arch support" quest which will certainly bring in the heartwood saws.  I've personally collected a couple with it and I know many others that have also collected saws with it.  I was playing with it last night, so if you aren't doing the correct quest, then something is still messed up on your end.

This is a really widely released script; it was nearly 500 downloads at uocoders and was solid enough to very rarely ever cause an issue.  So you should really look at your setup if you are experiencing problems.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:14:49 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »

Well the v2 version of the Quester has menus galore plus it does the tinker, bowcraft, tailoring and blacksmithing.  I haven't released that one to the public other than the uocoder.com VIP section and back at winuo.org in their contributor section.  This version is meant to be lean and mean.

The carpentry quest does "arch support" quest which will certainly bring in the heartwood saws.  I've personally collected a couple with it and I know many others that have also collected saws with it.  I was playing with it last night, so if you aren't doing the correct quest, then something is still messed up on your end.

This is a really widely released script; it was nearly 500 downloads at uocoders and was solid enough to very rarely ever cause an issue.  So you should really look at your setup if you are experiencing problems.

Well, version 2, I am too lazy to set it up. Also worried about not picking up all recipes and talismans.. also, my house has about 30 secures available  :(   Got a nice on the fly helper for me though to do a quest (Cut both Ways)  Just not automated.  (Full fisher runs when i'm not home  :)  )

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »

Well, version 2, I am too lazy to set it up. Also worried about not picking up all recipes and talismans.. also, my house has about 30 secures available  :(   Got a nice on the fly helper for me though to do a quest (Cut both Ways)  Just not automated.  (Full fisher runs when i'm not home  :)  )

Yeh, I saw they added a bunch of new things to the clean up list including some of the SPAM items found in the various quests in heartwood.  Not too shabby really.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »
I'd be set if someone can give me a set or 2 of the luck jewels.. then i can just work on the armor sets

Offline eightonefive

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »
i wasn't lucky enough to ever get in to uocoders.com, and i'm still fairly new to scripting, and just found winuo and this site two nights ago, so I don't have version 2. if you could be so kind as to send it to me I would appreciate it ;D email is phil at eightonefive dot com. Aside from the razor thing I'm not having problems with the script whatsoever, i was just commenting that instead of going to the carpenter to do the arch support it goes to the tinker/trinket weaver. I'm aware that arch support via the  carpenter will fetch the runic saws, i was just letting you know that the script isn't going to the carp. but i'm sure you knew that if there is a version 2 already. sorry to bug ya.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
No worries at all.  The fact that the script goes over to the tinker for the "foot stools" quest is kinda legacy from when I originally started helping out with this project.  In my personal version, I drive my bug down to the arborist where you get the quest much faster since there are fewer quests in the rotation.  It wasn't clear from your original posting; I thought you were saying it was grabbing the wrong quest completely.  ;)

In any event, many people have already created their own rails to change their questing locations.  I actually prefer people do that because it looks mighty suspicious when people are all parked with their bugs on the same spot.
Come play RIFT with me!