Author Topic: Timbo Slice's BOD Filler Caller (for snicker7's BOD Filling Script)  (Read 35594 times)

Offline Dixie WreckedTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
+1
I have finally gotten to the point where I think I can share some of my scripts, not because I don't play well with others, but because I think this one is finally stable enough for others to use (at least one a larger scale than the few people to whom it was sent directly by me!).  Anyway, this script is my multi-book, multi-container bod filling script, which will fill all of the bods that are in open containers around you.  It uses Snicker7's bod filler, which can be downloaded here: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182722#182722.  The script is mostly plug-and-play, so please let me know of any problems or ideas you might have!

Changelog:

v1.04a Corrected #findcnt/#findstack errors
v1.04 Added tool checking due to reported bug in s7's calling script
      - Verifies that you have at least 2 tools (tinker tools, tongs, or sewing kits)
        in your backpack before calling s7's filler script
      - I suggest keeping at least 1 tinker tool in your resource secure
      - Future versions will also verify that the materials needed to fill the bod
        are available
v1.03 Added "cleaning" of backpack when swapping each book (trashing only)
      - Thanks to tandj99 for the idea!
      - Future version may include smelting/cutting (with salvage bag) or trashing
v1.02 Added FreeShard calling of s7's filler
      - Thanks to brute89 for pointing out the ability in s7's script!
v1.01 Added Resetting of BOD Book Filter
v1.00 Initial Public Release

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Timbo Slice's Multi Book BOD Filler Caller v1.01.txt
Timbo Slice's Multi Book BOD Filler Caller v1.02.txt
Timbo Slice's Multi Book BOD Filler Caller v1.04a.txt
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:43:43 AM by Dixie Wrecked »
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Timbo Slice's BOD Filler Caller (for snicker7's BOD Filling Script)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
+1
*Reserved for FAQ (and not so-FAQ)*

Does it only work with tailor or smith bods?
It will fill both tailor or smith bods, but I only believe it will do the small bods (I usually have trouble having the s7 filler fill large bods when used directly, so i doubt i can get this script to work with it!)

Do you need the bod books named?
The books do not need to be named (used to need that, but I changed the code awhile ago when I understood the string commands better).

What are its limits?
Sever down :P I've ran the script from early in the day until server down and it only stopped filling because it was disconnected (It does NOT have the ability to reconnect you if your connection is lost).

What container types does it work with?
It should work with any containers, as you only target your resource container and then manually open all of the containers around you with unfilled books; I could have it open the containers itself, but I wouldn't be able to determine if the books were filled already without going through each of them like it was filling them.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:11:54 PM by Dixie Wrecked »
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
+1
Any instructions? Like does it only work with tailor or smith bods? Do you need the bod books named? What are its limits? what container types does it work with? Just thinking outloud of some of the questiones you will get :) Do not take as critisism, just trying to give you a heads up on alot of the questiones and trying to help.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
+1
Any instructions? Like does it only work with tailor or smith bods? Do you need the bod books named? What are its limits? what container types does it work with? Just thinking outloud of some of the questiones you will get :) Do not take as critisism, just trying to give you a heads up on alot of the questiones and trying to help.

Thanks for the questions...I was trying to figure out what else to say, but couldn't figure out what anyone would need to know.  So no criticism taken, as I hope to learn even some things from posting this for when I try to release some of my other scripts (most are rather short/simple, but they do what I need them to do!).

Does it only work with tailor or smith bods?  It will fill both tailor or smith bods, but I only believe it will do the small bods (I usually have trouble having the s7 filler fill large bods when used directly, so i doubt i can get this script to work with it!)

Do you need the bod books named? The books do not need to be named (used to need that, but I changed the code awhile ago when I understood the string commands better).

What are its limits? Sever down :P I've ran the script from early in the day until server down and it only stopped filling because it was disconnected (It does NOT have the ability to reconnect you if your connection is lost).

What container types does it work with? It should work with any containers, as you only target your resource container and then manually open all of the containers around you with unfilled books; I could have it open the containers itself, but I wouldn't be able to determine if the books were filled already without going through each of them like it was filling them.
- karrde

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »
+1
You are Timbo, right?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
+1
You are Timbo, right?

Yes, I am - it's a nickname I got at work after I had chosen this name for this site.
- karrde

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
+1
Okies, just watching out for ya.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
+1
Okies, just watching out for ya.  ;)

Thanks :)  I would never post another person's script; heck, it took me long enough to post one of my own (although I am working on polishing a number of them off, so hopefully I can post several others throughout the week!).
- karrde

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »
+1
First run at testing this little tool out..  Looks awesome so far!!

Set up 10 books with 10-15 bods per to see how it flowed.

I was wondering how you were going to manage the books.  From the description, I was under the impression that it was going to attempt to dump all finished bods into that same book.  But alas, what you have done is completely brilliant.

I like how it recycles the books.  I can see how I can run this literally alllllllll day!

Really like how you have left the basic menu as well.  Great work!

Thanks much for putting this up for us to play with.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »
+1
- karrde

Offline blazehammer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • blazehammer has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »
+1
ok folks. I'm a friend of timbo and can tell you from experience that i have run his script to fill bods on 3 computers 10 to 15 hours a day to fill well over 250k bods since he let me test  and use it i can tell you that i can leave 6 chests for 3 chars each over night and never had a problem other then when shard goes down but that is just a miner irration. I do more then 2-4k bods filled in one day my miners sometimes have to work overtime while the filler is going. Like timbo said just open the chests that have fullbooks of empty bods and  target your  resource container  and let it rip. one thing i like to do is have 450 bods in each book more then that the bod filler s7 tends to make one extra pc some time this way if you got  20 ex  pc you can fill it with room to spare. Thats with the s7 filler  where the problem lies.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 06:08:57 AM »
+1
Great submission Dixie and thumbs-up to MeWonUO for jumping on the testing. So often scripts get submitted and testers are nowhere to be found!

I'm not in a position to test this out myself at the moment but let's see how the testing goes and get it moved over to the script library should all be well.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
+1
Well, I do enjoy testing things out. :) 

And if it says "BOD" in the title... I will set all other things aside!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
+1
Version 1.01 of the script has been uploaded with the following change:

v1.01 Added Resetting of BOD Book Filter

This resets the filter of the bod book to clear the filter and set the "set your filter" option, so that this is applied to all future books (no need to reset every book, just the first one!). 

Planned updates (if necessary)
- Error checking added for large bods
- resource checking before calling s7's script

Any additional suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!!!
- karrde

Offline sdbclan

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sdbclan has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 05:58:08 AM »
+1
thanks!  ;D script on easyuo dont worked for me.. hope your would be work *waiting for account approving*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:59:30 AM by sdbclan »