Author Topic: Kali's Bod Sorter for openEUO  (Read 79833 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Kali's Bod Sorter for openEUO
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
+1
Will you be able to sort books like this: 3 books for Leather (  N&E 10,  N&E 15, N&E 20) 3 books for Spined (  N&E 10,  N&E 15, N&E 20).   To be honest I'm still trying to figure how to sort those BOD.  I figure that if I organized  wit multiple books it should be easier to find what I need.  

P.S.  Still didn't have time to  your at 100%,  limited internet for now :(

Soon my pretty.

I have made some good progress into a bod index creator.  Each post is further along.  I've got the menu figured out.  I'm just putting it all together and finishing up the tidbit functionality.

I'll tell you guys a little tasty screen shot :)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Bin.jpg
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:18:19 AM by KaliOfLS »
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nellie has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
+1
1 word... "Smexy"!

Nel.

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
+1
Will you be able to sort books like this: 3 books for Leather (  N&E 10,  N&E 15, N&E 20) 3 books for Spined (  N&E 10,  N&E 15, N&E 20).

To be honest Ghost, the best way to do bods is the way Kali is doing it, when the bods are finished being sorted they are in (I think) 8 books, each bod in that book is smalls and larges for that reward. All you need to do then is match the smalls to the larges and fill which is easy with the bod book settings. I have approx 15k bods and this is the way i do it and it works well.

Nel.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
+1
I have over 4k tailor BOD only 600 are return to get turn in, because it was hard to sort then.  I work on the BOD sorted and change it for tailor, but still not working the way I like.   Look like  I will need to post my reforged script that I work on my holiday.  :))  with all those reward that will be handy.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
+1
I've been wanting to try because I had just organized all my BODs on Atlantic prior to the revert and I was in no hurry to do it all over again. So this script came out just at the right time and turned out to be very handy indeed!

This is the second OEUO script I've used which was also part of the incentive. I wish there was an OEUO version for every script I use. ;)

When starting the script it I was informed that I was running 4 clients and I was asked to choose which client I would like to use the BOD Sorter script on...now that is a nice feature to have in the beginning of a script. I'm constantly swapping clients so this was a very cool!

Script was super fast and didn't have any hang ups. Sometimes it left 1 BOD in the pack.

Initially I had issue because my BODs weren't set to all so it grabbed some books that were filtered with no available BODs. This is the better way to go as it let's you have more control over the sorting. There was another BOD mover/sorter that automatically set the book to ALL prior to moving any BODs that I wasn't a fan of.

Sorting BODs into 1 container is the drawback as Nellie mentioned. One 125 count item container can only hold 600 BODs so you have to swap out books that get partially full. The upside is you don't end up with a book with 400-500 BODs in it.

Thanks for sharing this Kali, it worked great and it was nice to be able to use another OEUO script.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:46:21 PM by Ultima »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
+1
Great to hear Ultima!  I am really excited to finish the index creator and then update the sorting algorithms.  I honestly have no idea where all your bods come from :P  I have about 600 but I keep cycling them all the time.  I don't get many keepers haha I must be doing something wrong. 

Anyway, I might toss down a quick update to the sorter to allow you to select multiple containers.  That's in my unfinished rework of the script, BUT, this is a quick fix and can be applied to the current script I think.  Anyway, I'll update you guys when I toss in that feature. 

As for the client choice, I spent hours trying to figure out why a script wasn't working.  And then realized it's because it kept trying to use the client that wasn't logged in :) 

Hahaha, So, in my library script, I have a clientmenu() function that will cycle through all the open clients, read the name of the character, and create a simple gump for you select the character.  I start ALL of my scripts with this.  So, if you use any of my openEUO scripts, you will be pleased haha.  I'm working on a number of them.  I have a lot of unpolished trainers that I write when I do stuff.  My main project has been finishing a rail manager for openEUO, I've written a sloppy animal, disco, and miner that use the rail system.  Nothing polished and publish worthy yet, but the disco and tamer are quite close.  If you're interested in a specific script in OEUO, I have trainers for Magery/Parry/Bushi/Eval/Anatomy/Cooking/Poisoning/Chiv/Necro/Alchemy/Keg making/inscription gaining/mage book filling/recall,gate,mark crafter/cartography to 99.5 maybe some more, but they are all made very much for myself in the sense I didn't have a bunch of error checking and work very specifically to my oddball set up.  Anyway, I digress, after I finish this, I'll update and post my BodSwapper for oEUO.  Works Fan*friggen*tastic for smith bods... Tailor bods, eh, it still gets confused what it needs to be doing with the cloth. Rather, I'm confused on how to handle it properly.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
+1
Sorry guys, I got busy with real work the last few days and have also gotten kind of sick.  I'll get these updates out asap.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
+1
You have 24 hours, Then we want to see results!

Only joking, get well Kali, the script can wait, health is a lot more important :)

Nel.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
+1
Get some rest.  Look like ppl get sick all over.

Running the Script right now, Let see how how  that go.

Try with a 100 BOD,  work great on the first 30 and after it just put move the BOD around the book.  I gonna check the timer.  might have some lag.

2nd update.  Been running since 30 min and it only took the BOD form book "tailor turn in" drop it in main pack and fill the book again.  more ready to do.  thx I have lot of coffee.  

It doesn't seen to get all the BOD and the count get all weird.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:51:21 AM by The Ghost »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »
+1
I  have check to ensure that all the wait (1250)  are there instead of (1000).   drop wait has been add too.    Now I have 27 BOD left to sort and it just drop then in main pack and nothing happen after.   I have also nothing that lot of the BOD have move inside other books.  It seen that the small BOD have found a match for large one.   

I have a bag with book" sorted"  and a bag with 7 books  for the rewards.  All for files are in the script folder and I only run the kalibodsorter.   

guest I will make more coffee, gonna be a long day..

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:50 AM »
+1
Do you have all the bod reward books?  I *think* this is happening because the bod sorter didn't find a book so it didn't know what to do with the bods.

Like, if you don't have "Spined Kit" named book, then any bod for that results in belonging to "Spined Kit" will be left in your pack.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
+1
So, I am almost done with the version 2 of the script.  I took a break from the index creator because I left that script at work on my laptop :x  haha, I am at home right now.   Anyway, I will dump all my bods back into a book and test this script in a little bit.  However, I just read your above post, and if this is truly my problem, then my index is messed up.  So when I test, I will find out.  However, the issues on your side could be:  Make sure you have no bods in pack to start with.  No Bod books in pack.  Keep your pack as empty as possible.  Make sure you have One bag with a full bod book to sort.  Make sure you have one bag with the reward books.  If you try to sort both tailor and smith at same time, I can foresee a problem that I'm fixing in version 2.  The script matches 'Turn In' for smith, but name for tailor is 'Tailor Turn Ins' which will be matched by 'Turn In'.  So, that will mess up :x  Anyway, we live and we learn, and thus I am learning right now and fixing that for version 2.  Version 2 will check if the name is Turn In, that it doesn't match Tailor.  However, since soon you will be able to create your own index for sorting, one would need to be judicious when naming their bod books. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
+1
Looking forward to V2, I have another 6k or so bods waiting :D . I was using Snicker7's Bod filler to fill bods, but it don't do Bone bods very well, so currently doing those by hand..

Nel.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »
+1
Correct, Bone have to been done by hand.   But using UOAssist to fill the BOD is not that bad.  I have.

Kali, it was the Book name that was wrong. Since like I can't follow instruction.  :( Thx again.

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »
+1
Correct, Bone have to been done by hand.   But using UOAssist to fill the BOD is not that bad.  I have.

How do you use Assist to fill the bods?

Nel.

Tags: Bods  Bod