Author Topic: Site status  (Read 14424 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Site status
« on: January 08, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »
Ok guys.  Lemme know if there's any other issues.  They claim to have solved the underlying error, but I had to figure out one of the other errors myself.  Although they claim they didn't change access capability, I had to actually repair what files are to be defaulted to (i.e. index.php, etc) with .htaccess switches.  Normally they default to things, but for some reason, this host stopped defaulting to the normal ones.  That's why some of the links stopped working if you just had www.scriptuo.com/smf (without a index.php).

Since I can finally surf to the site via my phone, it's looking better.  I have yelled at nearly every engineer over there, and have the site up and working at another host, so if there are still issues after they claim to have "fixed" everything, I have already told them I will be switching today.  If it's working OK now, then it gives me a bit more time to test the transfer instead of just "doing it" without regard to what gets broken in the move.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Site status
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
I haven't had any problems today, at least not yet anyways.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
none for me, but who is your host and who are you going to?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
Currently at Hypermart, going to be moving to Hostgator.  Hostgator was the host for uocoders and were pretty good all around.  It was rare that they had a hosting malfunction like we just endured here.  The best Hypermart is good for is people hosting pictures of their family cats.  They got a D- for the last handling of the site issues.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:47:17 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:02 AM »
Hostgator was the host for uocoders and were pretty good all around.  It was rare that they had a hosting malfunction like we just endured here. 

Yeah I dont seem to remember any problems with UOCoders ever being unavailable.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:34:43 AM »
There was one time when Hostgator went stoopid, but it was fixed pretty quickly.  I haven't had one service ticket open so far.  At Hypermart, I constantly had something I was bitching about.  Yuck!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:25:48 AM »
By the way.
Where the hell is J4abber?
And what the hell happened to UOCoders anyhow? I just went back one day and saw the Red Squirrel had taken it over and btw since you are here why don't you come to my freeshard?

I'm hoping it was a split on good terms?
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 05:29:49 AM »
j4bber flaked out.  he and I had a disagreement, and he just pulled the plug on the site and deleted everything.   Just an angry tantrum you'd expect from a 14 year old.  After that, he just vanished.  He was done with UO and ended up blowing it for a bunch of other people. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 05:31:54 AM »
j4bber flaked out.  he and I had a disagreement, and he just pulled the plug on the site and deleted everything.   Just an angry tantrum you'd expect from a 14 year old.  After that, he just vanished.  He was done with UO and ended up blowing it for a bunch of other people. 

Damned sorry to hear that man. Never good when someone takes this stuff too seriously.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:41:44 AM »

Damned sorry to hear that man. Never good when someone takes this stuff too seriously.

Too true. Life is too short to be taking things too seriously.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

Except maybe herpes.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »

Except maybe herpes.

Oh come on! That's the gift that keeps on giving!!!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »
indeed, and there are many drugs for that now
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »
The status of the site is good! haha, reminds me of ex-pres bushes presidential state of the union.  "the state of the union.....blah blah."
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: