Author Topic: Shattered Legacy  (Read 9493 times)

Offline crameepTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • crameep has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Shattered Legacy
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
I just started on this shard called Shattered Legacy. Its RunUO, with ML content. Its prety neat so far, though the drop rates are a bit insane on the good stuff (too fast if you ask me) it seems to be  a solid fun shard to play on. I'm curious if anyone else here plays on This or demise? I've never done OSI, ever. How about you?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Shattered Legacy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »
You know, I hear more and more of people that have never played on OSI.  For me, that's just crazy since I've been playing there since it was born.  However, I love the quality of freeshards these days.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
I've never really had the spare cash to play on OSI. Its not that I didn't want to. I get a little lost in the translations sometimes of stuff that goes on there. But I do allright.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »
It really floors me to hear this. People say UO is dying because of lack of advertising, that no one knows this game is even out there. So how on earth do people find out about freeshards without EVER playing OSI. Boogles my mind.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
I saw my uncle playing OSI back when it first came out, when he started a freeshard with TUS, I started playing there.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »
Man, I've maintained at least 2 accounts on OSI since 97.  I hate computing how much money that turns into.  There were times when I was paying for 5 accounts.  Yeesh.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »
sheesh. I've done 2 accounts on Eve Online, but buy game time with in game money now. so .. no active subscriptions that are paid with cash anymore.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »
i played Long Time on Osi, First Cheasepeak , then Europe at last at Drachenfels, from 97- i think 2000 or 2002 ( Then came the Age of Shadow Addon with Malas or? :'( ) Then i was back at 2004 lot of stuff on Osi changed and all my old friends left the game, i was for about 4 Months there.

then i was use Googel to search for a German Freeshard with a good Playerbase.
i Found Vetus-Mundus there are lots of Custom Scripts activated, Customs like Mobile Bank, Reagents Key,
Ressource Key like from Daats99 Runuo Scripts.
after a Year i leaved there, i got some Problems with some Gamemasters cuz it was about my gameplay.
the time i was on Osi , i never used easyuo or other tools like that, there lot of Player scriptet with easyuo, and i started to FARM a lot of Items,  runics, Bods.
I was going to Nova Scotia (Shard in Austria ) But the Admin was a Sucker (lol) then i came left to Vetus-Mundus , maked a lot of PVP but the Style of the Shard is not that what i like, sockets like diablo 2 is nice , but you must farm alot of Items (and it makes the balances crap ) and pvp was not the biggest Priority.
then i changed to abcuo Osilike Runuo Shard, but it lives from rl Donations and i dont own a Creditcard in Germany pvp is there a Minor Priority but as non Ganker\Raider\Pk you dont have soo much fun i think, cuz all Facettes are pvp.
Now i Play on Vetus-Mundus.de Soem of the Staff had changed and now they do all to adjust the balance, reduce some Farmstations , implent new content.
Same Time i play on abcuo if i need some pvp or some Osilike fun.

ah and Then i got a Question, anyone of you Play on on of these 2 Shards?

I build about 1.000 Scripts for Vetus-Mundus, From Bodfilling\Gathering to AFK Hunting, Afk Champing and lot more.. perhaps i can share some Scripts, but i think it make nosense to Publish some Scripts if nooone need or?

Greetz Crome

Offline thcjunkie

• Activity:
    0%
  • thcjunkie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
never played OSI myself, but I do play SL :)

Offline xeres

• Activity:
    0%
  • xeres has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »
having played on OSI for a looong time, I know how ML should work.  helps give the staff at shattered legacy the right direction.

perfect example:

staff at SL added virulent silk and malefic to the weald....but they added them to the southern most swamps around the statue....how would you know those shouldn't be there without playin on OSI.

I made a helluva mess that day in the weald....lawl....

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Valeth has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 07:25:32 PM »
*An Corp*

I'm playing on Shattered Legacy myself. As an OSI vet I actually find the server on par with the pay to play servers. Its never been a lack of money that draws me to the free servers as I donate more than it would cost to play on EA, its about the my inability to accept change. I couldnt be happier with the gameplay offered on Shattered Legacy and I doubt I'll ever go back to EA.
Courage is not the absence of fear. Its doing whats right in the presence of fear.

Offline sayv

• Activity:
    0%
  • sayv has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »
small world

i play sl to :)

you guys got any sl specific scripts to trade??? I got tons maybe we cud swap

Offline Larppa

• Activity:
    0%
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
I gave SL a chance and made account there.. woah, 10 online -,-

Offline sayv

• Activity:
    0%
  • sayv has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 12:26:50 AM »
hey we all got mules and with a good amount of role playing we do factions but most of the time we are fighting each other

its ok really

it will uhm pick up again, and if not you can have four accounts so

it use to be really big and now we are getting a little bit of player base again i wont give up on it. best 2/6 there is :) but yeah players would be nice.

Offline Valeth

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Valeth has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:03 AM »
Its just a nice Mondains Legacy server with no real customs besides the lrc and luck pieces (donation items). Theres usually about 25+ online but thats actually growing at this point. As far as starting off, its alot faster to start there than almost any other free server. For instance, I have a wife, kids, job, and a new german shepherd puppy that I'm doing obedience training with. My plate is pretty full so I have no chance of getting geared enough for pvp on most servers. UOSL allows me to get my items fairly quickly and jump right into the fray. I enjoy that and it just works for my lifestyle.
Courage is not the absence of fear. Its doing whats right in the presence of fear.

Tags: