Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser  (Read 77555 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: The Taming Appraiser
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:17 AM »
+1
Can you do the same thing with a Hiryu?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »
+1
Thats how I plan on changing the script. It only affects Tamed pets, so it's cool as is until the revision that will include tamed pets.

I have a version now that has math revisions and menu optimizations, no operational changes.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 05:04:19 AM »
+1
Updated to version 3.5

Menu optimizations, different math calls.

Beginning my work on auto recognition of Tame/Wild pets. I'll need a resource to get the difference between tamed and wild animals, like which ones change stats. I know the stats that change are reduced by 50% right?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
+1
I think I have a pretty good idea of the stat ranges for the new greater dragons. All except dex which I didn't pay much attention to because it is too low to make a difference in tamed greater dragons. I also have only included the skills that can be over 100 after taming, and I'm very iffy on the lower ranges of the skills. These are all pretamed stats.

Hit points, strength and dexterity are halved at taming. Wrestling, tactics and resisting spells all lose 28% (X .72) on taming, but will train back up to a maximum of the pretamed skill minus 10% (X .9). Magery loses 10% on taming and that is it's new max. If you want to find out what your skill maximums will be for wrestling, tactics, and resisting spells, right after taming, before you do any training, divide those skills by .8.

Stats:
HP: 1000 - 2000
Str: 1025 - 1425
Int: 475 - 675

Resists:
Phys: 60 - 85
Fire: 60 - 90
Cold: 40 - 55
Poison: 40 - 60
Energy: 50 - 75

Skills:
Wrestling: 115 - 145
Tactics: 110 - 140
Resisting Spells: 110 - 140
Magery: 110 - 140

Maximum tamed stats:

700 str, 1000 hp
125 dex, 125 stam
650 int, 650 mana (not 100% on if this is the max for int/mana but this is the most I've seen so far)

Maximum resists:

85/90/60/60/75 (370 total)

Maximum skills:

Wrestle (before taming): 145
Tactics (before taming): 140
Resist (before taming): 140
Magery (before taming): 140

Anatomy, Meditation & Eval are low-50ish before taming.

When you tame Wrestle, Tactics & Resist take 27% or 28% loss but can be trained back up to as if they only lost 10%. Magery takes a 10% loss and stays there. This means the maximum trained skills are:

Wrestle: 130.5
Tactics: 126
Resist: 126
Magery: 126

Anatomy, Meditation & Eval only go up to 100.

This means to get a dragon with over 130 wrestle and 120 in the other skills you would need to tame one that had 144.5 & 133.3 respectively before taming.

Just storing this here...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:43:47 AM by Cerveza »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »
+1
Reptalon/Hiryu - You can train them up to 90% of what their pretame skill was. If it had 120 wrestle you you could train it up to 108.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »
+1
I now have version 3.5 installed in my EasyUO Scripts directory.  It is in the same folder as EasyUO, as well as version 5.13 of Kalocr.txt.  I am in the Twisted Weld looking at the Cu Sidhes.  When I click on one as the Next Target it pulls up the Animal Lore Gump and starts to read the info into the Taming Appraiser.  On the top it reads "Cu Sidhe", underneath it says "0. Average Stats / 0. Average Resists", the Max Stats are listed but the Selected Column is filled with ---- and the % Column has all 0's in it.   
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 10:30:32 AM »
+1
Lemme compare the last two versions.

It's probably a variable naming issue, I renamed all the variables to trim down the size. Some might have been misnamed and are causing problems.

The previous version is completely safe to use. I appreciate you testing this out.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
+1
Ok, both versions working on my test.

V3.5 needs to have one line changed, so it will open the menu in the same place each time instead of jumping to the center of the screen. I will change it now and upload.

Other then that it's all working.

Make sure the Lore gump is visible on screen. If it isn't, you can change this:

set %lore_gumpX -110
set %lore_gumpY 565

That's the pixel x and y of where the lore gump will be moved.

If your still having problems, please reply with as much information as you can provide. I'll try to get ya working again.

*And have a look at the new menu I posted. It's got the skills on it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:11:34 PM by Cerveza »

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »
+1
I think that is it --- the Animal Lore Gump shows up on the bottom of the screen and only the top 2 lines can be seen where it lists the Animal Name and then a blank Line... so to show a gump in a different part of the screen, what should I change those numbers to?

ORACLE
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:44:22 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
+1
You'll have to experiment some. You'll start to see the relationship to those numbers, and the position of the gump on the window.

*BTW - this has inspired me to put in a new gump position management system. I'll play with it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:57:19 PM by Cerveza »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:29 AM »
+1
Here's another thing to try... just open a new EUO and paste this into it. Make sure you have an Animal Lore gump open.

Code: [Select]
  ; open an animal lore gump and press play (test)
  contpos 0 0
  wait 5
  call kalocr.txt getLoreInfo 1 name 0 0
  call kalocr.txt getLoreInfo 1 value 0 0
  display ok ! , lore_name: !lore_name , $!lore_value: !lore_value
  halt

That will ensure that KalOCR is working correctly.

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
+1
this thing rocks  thanks for this one. helps when taming dragons

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »
+1
Your very welcome. I'm assuming by your enthusiasm that it's working correctly for you?

Please check back from time to time for updates. I have a few thoughts about where I'll be taking this script.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
+1
Results:
Ran the Kalocr Test from above:

!lore_name:
     !lolre_value: ---

When I run the Taming Appraiser, I press the Next Target button, the Animal Lore Gump pops into the middle of the play screen for a couple of seconds then disappears and pops back up below the play screen where I have some misc. spell icons.  Only the top two lines if the Animal Lore Gump is visible.

Would it help if I took screenshots? If so, tell me who to make a screenshot and I will send you some.
ORACLE

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »
+1
Results:
Ran the Kalocr Test from above:

!lore_name:
     !lolre_value: ---

That right there is the problem. For some reason KalOCR isn't recognizing your lore GUMP correctly. I just plug the numbers into the menu, the OCR gets them.

I'll read through his replies and see if there's something there. What screen resolution (bit) are you using?

Tags: Cerveza