Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser  (Read 78505 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
Excellent! Great to hear.

Now I have to set up an adjustment so that the lore gump isn't in the middle of your screen :)

I'll have something worked out in the next version.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
Cerveza,

I was running the script continuosly today and actually found it annoying that it took too long to load the information to get the results.  Sometimes I had to move the Lore Gump out of the way to make sure I was not going to get eaten by something on the screen.  I tried not to move it as I thought maybe this would help the information get populated into the Appraiser faster?  Often, I would just lore the Beasts and make a quick mental analysis if I should tame it or kill it.  I was taming in Ilsh where often times Paragon Greater Dragons would spawn.  Every once in awhile the Appraiser would come up with 0.0 for the stats?  I was trying to cycle the Greater Dragons to get a much better one.  The spawn there is almost instantaneous and it may be my superstition, but I think the Greater Dragons there have better stats then those at Demon temple.

It would be nice to see the Script appraise those Pets that you have already tamed to see if you should keep them or not as fighters.  I know others are into colors of different Pets, but I much prefer the stats!  I want to be able to tear up those Champ Spawns --to date I have not received one Champ Reward-- !!!

ORACLE
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
I agree that it's slow. It has to rely on calling the external OCR script from Kal.

I'll see if putting it in as a sub would speed it up at all. Other then that it's really about as fast as the OCR will allow it to be.

I *might* be able to put in a "total only" switch that would ONLY give the results... but actually that won't be any faster because the OCR has to read all the stats, resists and skills in to come up with the total.

One thing, if you look at the very first part, I put in a way for you to move the display out of the way.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
CERVEZA,

I remembered that a friend of mine gave me this web site when I first started taming.  He said that it may help me to determine if my tamed pets were any good.  You may want to take a look at it and see if you can glean any information from it...

http://www.uocraft.com/taming/pet-power-calculator/

ORACLE
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 05:07:34 PM »
Yep, Kit's product. About a year ago I showed her how it was messed up, and she still hasn't corrected it. She has %'s and Totals mixed together in her formulas...

Try this... put in one of your pets and gets it's score. Then go back and make it's STRENGTH 1. Yes thats right, one point of strength. Now calc it. LOL if thats not funny enough, make it 999 and do it again.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »
Here's an example of her faulty formulas:

My Cu Sidhe, not bad, not the best.

HP 569 , ST 612 , DX 125
65/44/81/50/76

It scores a 4.1 on her scale.

I put in 1 Strength and score a 3.3

I put in 999 Strength and score a 4.5

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »
*Oh and before I forget.

The Animal Lore gump opens at a set position on your screen. I have the X and Y coordinates set in the beginning of the script here:

Code: [Select]
set %kal_gumpX 0
set %kal_gumpY 0

Please feel free to adjust those for your own screen. Remember that X is the horizontal position (left-right) and Y is the vertical position (up-down), and that the numbers can be negative. If you want the gump to open more towards the left side of your screen you can use something like "set %kal_gumpX -100" and it will open 100 pixels towards the left.

Get in a safe location with a pet and play with those settings to ensure the lore gump doesn't cover your play screen.

I'll look into speeding things up, but I highly doubt it can be done. I won't sacrifice reliability for speed.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »
I took a brief look at speeding this up.

Couldn't do it.

I put in timers for Loring, OCR, Calc, Display and Total...

Lore = 5
OCR = 22-26
Calc = 8
Display = 0
Total = 50-60

There was something else in there too.... the biggest drain is the OCR. The only way I can think to speed it up is to make it a sub instead of a called script, and Kal doesn't want that. I don't know if it would speed it up even.

Sorry.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
I wouldn't worry to much about the speed it runs preety quick for me.

Offline TabulaDes

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TabulaDes has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »
This has cut my taming time in half! No stratics or math needed! Thanks =]

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 09:18:35 AM »
Your very welcome, glad you find it useful.

I really wish there were a way to speed it up. I've played with barding difficulty so I would only have one number to ocr... but it's not very reliable.

Someday I may get energized enough to do some more with this. A separate start-up menu where the user can put in the values he's looking for, and a GREEN or RED to show if the selected one meets those settings.

For now, it's a decent tool for judging animals prior to taming.

Offline Godsrage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Godsrage has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »
New to the site but how do i download this script???

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »

Rage, You will only have to wait utill either Cerveza or TrailMyx gets online, so that your restricted status can be lifted. My mod powers are new, and I dont have them all yet. Be patient for a little bit and we will get your restricted status lifted :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 10:23:28 AM »

Please read the rules concerning access.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »

Please read the rules concerning access.

Cerv, he did post up a intro..I even welcomed him aboard :)

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=3012.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:27:58 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: Cerveza