Author Topic: The Taming Appraiser  (Read 80630 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The Taming Appraiser
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2009, 09:40:50 PM »
Doesn't work exactly like that.

I've been meaning to work on this some, make it auto detect tamed vs wild and show the appropriate numbers.

Maybe over the holidays ;)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2009, 06:43:09 AM »
In view of the post you made about pet survivability I tamed a CU last night that was in the 97% stat and 95% resist ranges.
I'm going to try to find a good greater dragon as well if I can get some help with the taming. I need some one to chain invis me.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2009, 07:00:31 AM »
Nice Cu scores. I'm serious about higher resists being the key to a pets survivability.

I have a couple issues I want to deal with on this script.

Tame vs Wild

And Invalid Target. If you target something not on the list you can get a bunch of gumps and the script quits. Closing those gumps can be deadly if your target is attacking you ;)
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2009, 04:55:24 AM »
I could really use a list of what pets lose stats upon taming, and which stats they lose? Is it only HP, STR, INT and on some DEX?

I *might* be able to use the numbers to auto select tame vs wild.

If not, then I'll have to make a switch, but either way I need the list of whats affected.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:40 AM »
Nice Cu scores. I'm serious about higher resists being the key to a pets survivability.

I have a couple issues I want to deal with on this script.

Tame vs Wild

And Invalid Target. If you target something not on the list you can get a bunch of gumps and the script quits. Closing those gumps can be deadly if your target is attacking you ;)
Used it to upgrade my Rune Beetle and my Nightmare to higher score pets.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »
Outstanding, glad to hear. I love it when people find use of my work.

If you have any inputs, please post them up.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2009, 11:01:27 AM »
I could really use a list of what pets lose stats upon taming, and which stats they lose? Is it only HP, STR, INT and on some DEX?

I *might* be able to use the numbers to auto select tame vs wild.

If not, then I'll have to make a switch, but either way I need the list of whats affected.

This is all I could find so far. Not what you're looking for but it's all I could find # wise. I'll look some more later tonight when I have time...

Pets will suffer 10% skill loss the first time they are tamed, but have full potential for training. In other words, if you release a pet, it will not receive skill loss if you or another person tames it again.

Pets will also suffer an additional 4% skill loss if they are paralyzed during the taming process. While this means additional training time to get your pet back up to its full potential, it may be safer for some of the more dangerous creatures.

I want to say stats depend on the animal. Greaters hp and str get halved but things like a cu don't if I remember correctly.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »
I think it's anything that needs to be subdued, or anything that has an anger cycle.

Greater Dragons, Dragons, Night Mares, Hiryus, Lesser Hiryu, Rune Beetles, Bake Kitsune, White Wyrms, Giant Beetle, Ice Worm, Swamp Dragon, Fire Beetle, Fire Steed.

And... I'm not sure which ones get their Dex halved, maybe all?

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 11:24:36 AM »
I think it's anything that needs to be subdued, or anything that has an anger cycle.

Greater Dragons, Dragons, Night Mares, Hiryus, Lesser Hiryu, Rune Beetles, Bake Kitsune, White Wyrms, Giant Beetle, Ice Worm, Swamp Dragon, Fire Beetle, Fire Steed.

And... I'm not sure which ones get their Dex halved, maybe all?
I'll tame some pets for a bit and do some before and afters so we can see what changes happen upon taming.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
Had a helluva time getting this to work, until I realized it was conflicting with OMG's autotamer that I had running in the background.  What can I say...way too much egg nog...

;)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
I had trouble getting it to work on my son's pc. Discovered I didn't have kalocr.txt in the same startup directory as euox.exe

Offline bubbarosso

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bubbarosso has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »
where i download the script?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2010, 07:17:58 PM »
In the site rules section.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »
In the site rules section.

ROFL.  Karma for Cerveza.

Wait...WHO STOLE THE KARMA?  TEE EM!!!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »

Wait...WHO STOLE THE KARMA?  TEE EM!!!!!

Sorry, evil space gnomes have absconded with the karma buttons.  They'll return when the gnomes are a little less evil.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Cerveza