Author Topic: Can anyone recommend any good tv series as of late...  (Read 27110 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Can anyone recommend any good tv series as of late...
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 10:24:41 PM »
Ya, I like Burn Notice too.  Anything with Bruce Campbell is good in my opinion.  (I'm a big fan actually, even have a personalized signed copy of one of his books.) However, every time I see that boney chick, I just want to go buy her a hamburger.  lol

Shop Smart!  Shop S-Mart!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:27:57 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »
Ax Men
Treasure Quest

Monster Quest unless it's anything other then Bigfoot

Danny Phantom errrr.... not that I watch it, yeah, my son does, yeeaaah.....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 07:34:33 AM »
Spongebob Squarepants is still just about the best thing on the idiot box.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
Burn Notice,House,Eureka I have most on DVD nice not to have interuptions

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 12:45:00 AM »
The shows I won't miss on TV currently... Heroes, 24 and Lost.

I tend to use Comedy Central/Hulu for Southpark, The Office, Family Guy and other random shows that I really don't care that much about.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 05:01:21 AM »
Most of the new series I like of late are on the pay channels.  The ones I like on pay channels are Tudors (3rd season? HBO), True Blood (2nd season HBO), Nurse Jackie (1st season Showtime I think), and Hung (1st Season HBO).

True Blood I would guess you know, but if not, its about the integration of vampires following the invention of a synthetic blood. Little campy, but very good. VERY violent and sexual, not for kids.

Tudors is the racy saga of Henry the VIIIth.  REALLY good writing, and characters, violent and very sexual. Also not for kids at all.  Relatively historically accurate.

Nurse Jackie is Edie Falco from Sopranos as a drug addicted Nurse. Complex characters, good writing and acting -- writers try to be a little too smart sometimes IMO, but very good.

Hung is about a highschool coach/teacher in Detroit who becomes a male prostitute to make ends meet.  In its third or fourth episode and off to a good start. 

On network TV the newest shows that I noticed that had some promise and might appeal to the SUO audience were Merlin and the Listener.  Both have been disappointing.  I stopped watching Listener after two episodes. Merlin has held my attention, but only barely. The main actor is so goofy/ugly that I can barely look at his bad haircut, although Morgana is really hot and likes to show cleavage, which offsets this somewhat.  Fringe was like Listener for me. Lost and 24 are the only shows on networks that continue to be in my rotation. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
I am still a HOUSE fan, I think it is one of the better series on TV. But I also watch Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch TS and I also watch CSI Vegas, The Unit, NCIS. The just for the hell of it cuz there kinda fun at times shows we watch are Hell's Kitchen, The Amazing Race, and Survivor.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:33 AM »
I really like the new show Merlin, but it really has twisted the whole story of King Arthur and the effects are horrible. but it has me strangely addicted.

I also watch SouthPark (religiously), the Unit, NCIS, Chuck, and Two and a Half Men (great show! especially if you like comedy).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:27:01 AM by SunTigress »
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 09:04:20 AM »
Doctor Who...  (just carnt beat it) - new season just started here in the states. (BBC America)
Skins (2nd season also BBC America)

Everyone has jumbed on the vampire story line so im bored with that.

Thats about it at present (heros when it starts again, Chuck was good for a laught)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »
I always forget about The Unit! Watch that every Sunday when it's on.

Offline Dootndoo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dootndoo has no influence.
  • "I Like Beer."
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
I can't believe nobody said anything about Breaking Bad on AMC. That has got to be the craziest series I have ever seen. It was also all shot here in "beautiful" Albuquerque. Its a crazy series about a highschool chem teacher that goes through a mid-life crisis and starts cooking and distributing meth throughout the ABQ area. The season just ended a couple of months ago, but I got hooked watching it on www.surfthechannel.com. Me and my girlyfriend watched one episode after the other. I also just started watching this new series on fox called mental. That's a halfway decent new series. I don't know about TrueBlood. After that twilight movie vampire love stories for teenie boppers blew up. I know that series is rated R, but think about who the target audience is. Its like the Jonas bros selling sex to six year olds.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
Eureka and Burn Notice are a couple of good summer shows.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline welgill

• Don't mess with TM!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • welgill has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 04:54:27 AM »
Eureka and Royal Pains and you'v missed burn notice and leverage is always good
But seriously check out royal pains probably one of the best new series i have seen in a while good concept and funny as well as good drama.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 01:36:49 AM »
I've been watching Burn Notice, fan of bruce campbell too, Royal pain, Deadliest catch, have a autographed bag of coffee from Cpt. Phil.  He came out with a brand of coffee, it wasnt bad.  Drank the coffee, kept the bag with the autograph.  Whale wars, waiting on em to sink the steve erwin one of these times.  And anything else with mma pretty much. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
My three year old got me into a new cartoon, Iron Man: Armored Adventures show.  Its totally off story line Tony Stark Jr. rich orphan with a bunch of IM suits. I pretend not to watch his shows and the theme song to Backyardigans still makes me want to kill myself when I cant' get it out of my head, but when Iron Man is on I usually tune in...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: