Author Topic: Anyone have ATT U Verse?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Anyone have ATT U Verse?
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:43:34 PM by Ultima »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have ATT U Verse?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »
I have used UVerse for about two years at two different locations.  Their internet service is high quality and the hardware for the tv boxes is ahead of DTV or the competing cable we had in Chicago or St Louis, although the other services are catching up.  For the money, UVerse is a better service than their competitors in the markets I have been in.  They don't charge per TV for HD, and the DVR is intuitive and works well.  They push updates to their boxes, so their tech gets upgraded on what seems like a quarterly shedule.  They just added pause for all TVs.  Was originally only available on your primary.  Their on demand offerings are solid and their customer service is very good -- you are going to miss the NFL ticket though.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
You purchased the equipment at a box store...   umm unless you signed some conditions after the fact .. It doesn't make sense to me that they can lay a claim on equipment legitimately purchased threw a 3rd party.

I hate how all the satellite and cable companies offer better rates to new customers than existing.  This is basically shooting themselves in the foot over the long run.  I cancelled my cable tv for the exact same reason, complete inflexibility after 10years of always paid on time service.  Its been almost a year and i havent looked back not once.

The first company that offers .. streamed cable channels...giving you the option to  subscribe to only the channels you want for a netflix type price is going to make a killing.   Cable and satellite company's days don't have to be numbered but the way they treat their customers means given any alternative people will bail in droves.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:05:28 AM »
That's why I happily stick with my TiVo.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
Thanks Paulonious sounds like you give ATT Uverse high markings overall. Lucky for me I don't care about Sunday Ticket but my roommmate does...the cost was about $350 this year while new customers get it free. If things fall through with DirectTV that probably will be the route we take. I don't really care about DirectTV but my roommmate wants to watch his football games. He's a die hard Oakland Raiders fan. :P

EN it's pretty crazy about having to return the receives and that's why their is a class action lawsuit against DirectTV for failing to disclose this to consumers at the time of purchase.

Tivo is the way to go but I can't afford it on my student budget. I love the UI of TV and the ability to search for programs and actors. I had the DirectTV Tivo's when they first came out years ago and miss them badly. They just stopped working after awhile due to hard drive failure and other things. I even replaced the harddrives a few times from HDs' purchased at weaknees.com. Tivo rocks and once things get going again for me is getting a Tivo Box ranks near the top of my wish list.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
Most providers include DVR in their package.  With UVerse I am not sure you can subscribe to it without DVR features - but you definitely don't need a Tivo to go with it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: