Author Topic: Lover of UO, New to the forums (updated)  (Read 1868 times)

Offline KRYPT1KTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • KRYPT1K has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Lover of UO, New to the forums (updated)
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:07:50 AM »
Hello everyone! New to these forums, but longtime love for UO. Names Krypt1k. I remember the very first day I got and played UO. The anticipation of opening that box. Pulling out the map, Comparing it to previous Ultima maps. I even read the manual. I don't read manuals! But this was UO, it was like the bible to me. Being impatient waiting for the installation to finish, loading it up......intro movie. That moment, I was in love. Raided the fridge for all the goodies and never left the room the rest of the day. Was about 15 or 16 at the time. (Man i'm old!)

Think at the time I was playing Neverwinter Nights when it was still on AOL. Tried many MMOs: EQ, LoR, WoW, etc.. tried them all, yet UO always brings me back. It will always have a place in my heart for life. As with alot of folks who play UO or come back to it. Just one of those games where you just can't stay away.

I recently started playing again, and have been nonstop hooked lol. Came across these forums in my travels and the creativity of scripters is amazing. Truely makes a gameplay experience much more enjoyable and appriciate the hardwork of those of you who script. Lots of info on this site, great stuff really, looking forward to being apart of you community. Alot to learn, read and soak up. Hoping to contribute experiences or tips or ideas to the community in the future.

Lots of time has been lost with my connection to UO. RL gets in the way of things at times unfortunately. Used to play on 'Pacific' shard for OSI way back in the days. Only had a few 7x Gm chars. Played on OSI for a bit when they first introduced PS's. Then left UO again lol. Ahh the good ole days of One Facet to rule them all!! So much for that theory.

My love will always be crafting, started off PvPer then got into crafting. Animal taming I love as well. As tedious as it is. Weapon of choice is bows, usually I am eatting something when playing UO so, as a tamer....well I can sit there and eat and kill stuff without moving around. So long as my animal cooperates with me and does its job lmao!

Recently started getting into Tmaps, learning how to treasure hunt which is something that never interrested me in the past, but its a pretty neat thing. Some good stuff from what I am reading you can get from T-hunting. Fishing....well thats another story. So much stuff to relearn about UO, I usually just go out kill stuff. Now you got champs, and treasure hunting, custom crafting, custom tameables.....one thing I do know is how to shear a sheep.....That I got locked down!

Hoping to make a few friends here. Seems the right place for it as everyone here must have a passion for UO.  8)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:05:10 PM by KRYPT1K »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lover of UO, New to the forums (updated)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:33 AM »
Thanks for the intro, welcome to SUO!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:08:23 AM »
Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:43:02 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
Welcome! Enjoyed the read - thanks for the introduction!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: