Author Topic: Hail and well met! My introduction.  (Read 1986 times)

Offline CobrakiddTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cobrakidd has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and well met! My introduction.
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:38:18 AM »
Hello all! My name is Jamie and I am 41 yrs old. I have a wife(No you are not getting her measurements) and 7 wonderful kids (Most of the time) and 10 grandchildren. Going to stop there on my life before I lose myself talking about everything under the sun. As for my UO life here it is.

I think I started playing around 97 for the first time on a friends account. It was one of the worst experiences of my UO life. Let me explain. I started a character named Smokey as a warrior( I'm a hands on kinda guy) and started whacking on some cows trying to raise my str. The cow kicked my ass. I was like WTF a cow killed me. So I wandered around looking for a healer took me almost 25 mins to find one. Then I get rezed and go back looking for my body I found it and collected my things. I decided that cows weren't going to work till I got stronger. So I asked someone how I could raise my skills and stuff and they told me to follow them so I did. They took me through a gate to a place that I only caught a glimpse of before I died. There were dragons and all kinds of nasty stuff. And worst of all I was stuck I didn't know where to go or how to get out so I logged out right there. I told my friend what happen and he logged me back in and showed me how to use the help feature. So I was finally able to get out of there but with nothing I lost everything I had. I decided UO wasn't for me. It just wasn't something I wanted to spend money on to lose everything because some jackass decides hes going to kill me for no reason what so ever. I thought that my UO life was done right there..... I was wrong.

About 2 weeks later my buddy asked me to come back over that he helped me out by getting some stuff for me. I told him I was't really interested in UO that he could do what ever he wanted with Smokey. He said come on over and I will help you this time. So I went over to his house thinking I wasn't going to play but to tell him in person that he could just delete my character. But when I got there and he showed me he had gotten me all new stuff and he was running in a dungeon with Smokey I was like " How in the world are you killing that stuff" he said " I told you I hooked you up" so I sat down and started playing. Turns out I actually liked playing so I kept my character on his account and played whenever I got the chance.

Then I got my own account. I asked him if I could get the things off of Smokey he said sure so I got everything from the original Smokey had him delete him and started another Smokey. I played for a few years on on Chesapeake (I think) can't remember. By this time Smokey had become perma red due to some ppl cheating me out of a mill gold on a house. took me and my buddy to their house to sell to us and had a crew of ppl hiding around waiting till we were in their house and killed us. Pissed me off so i started training as a macer and a lil magic got better at hiding and stealth then I started stalking everyone that was at that house and killed them  repeatedly took their heads and made trophies of them littering the floor of my house. Almost got banned because of it because every time I saw one of them I killed them. Someone tried turning me in for harassment. A GM came to me at my house and asked me what I was doing so I told them what had happen then they asked my friend. Told us to back off a lil but we weren't breaking any rules so there wasn't anything he could do. He told the other players that that is part of the game if they didn't like getting killed then they shouldn't have killed us.

I stopped playing due to no internet for about 5 years or so. Then I tried to get back into it but work hours were 3 on 4 off 4 on 3 off alternating hours didn't have the time kept my account on for awhile that another buddy asked if he could buy my account that he had played for the last 3 years but lost his account somehow. So I sold him my account (I know I know how could I do that to Smokey right) Well he let me play on Smokey some times if I asked. And he kept Smokey who he was playing him like a champ killing when he got the chance and hiding when he couldn't. That ended in like 2008 or so I haven't seen nor talked to that buddy sense. I know not what has become of Smokey.

I have tried to play on may diff player run shards but not many kept me interested until I met my wife who plays UO, She played on a shard named DAY back then. So I started playing with her it was fun but was an semi-uber shard. Not much killing of ppl unless it was guild wars or something like that but the mobs were boss. Played as The Kidd,Otis B Driftwood, And then Billy The Kidd (Not by choice) Then Day started having problems kept crashing so we left haven't really played much as of late.

Then some of my kids asked if they could play UO because they saw us playing awhile back and wanted to play the game we were playing. So I decided to try my hand at starting a private shard here at home just for the family. Got it up and running but I don't want it too hard for the kids. And that is the main reason I am here today to ask permission for admittance to this sites many UO resources. That is it I just want my kids to have a chance at playing a GREAT game that I have played for years and years. I don't know much at all about scripting or anything like that but would love to learn so I can give the kids what they want in the game.

Thank You
                                                                                             Jamie

PS There is much more to tell than what is on here but it will take way to long to share. If you want to know anything else just ask if I'm on I will try to answer. Have a Great rest of your day.

PSS I am in the eastern part of the USA
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:40:03 AM by Cobrakidd »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and well met! My introduction.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
Holy, "Awesome Introductions" Batman!  We all had feared creatures.  Mine was the deers.   I was blindly killing them we I accidentally went after the great hart early on.  After that came the silver serpents.  I still fear those things.  Lol.

Welcome to the site!  (not many have given their significant-others measurements, so you are in good company...)  Sadly.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
I went to yew and went to kill a rabbit. GUARD WACKED I was! Boy was I surprised!

Offline CobrakiddTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cobrakidd has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:05:21 AM »
Ahhhh yes the Great Hart I remember them well now that you mentioned them Trail. I have been killed by them many times myself. Just out running around killin lil stuff and realize I'm in need of food and see a (deer) and go wackin oops not a plain deer but a Great Hart ouch. Guess I will have to keep an eye out for the antlers lol.

Gimlet I hated guards when I didn't realize I got to close to town and wacked a friendly animal always wacked by the darn guards. I lernt real quick to make sure that I was out of protection range lol. But then there were the times I accidently wacked a friend in town because I forgot to leave war mode lol did that more times than I care to admit.

Thank You all glad to be here
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:11:09 AM by Cobrakidd »

Tags: