Author Topic: Making a zoo donator script. Need input  (Read 4790 times)

Offline M4yH3mTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • M4yH3m has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Making a zoo donator script. Need input
« on: April 15, 2020, 11:14:09 AM »
Hello everyone! I am trying to write a small script that will tame drakes, and then donate them to the zoo. Here is what I have so far. I have the menu created, but it is not functional yet.
I have set the script up so that I can run up to a drake, and the script will start to tame it. What I am having trouble with is a couple of things so far. I want the script to know if I fail, or successfully tame the drake. If I am successful, I want to take the drake to a specific X,Y coord, and tell it to stay. Then go take a second drake. I will be incorporating a rail writer into the script later, but for now, I would just like to get this thing to NOT continuously try to tame the same (TAME) drake.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am totally new to writing these things, and I am trying my best :)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
M4yH3m's Zoo Donator.txt

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Making a zoo donator script. Need input
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
First of all, I would think that taming drakes is dangerous. They tend to eat people, especially if you fail. A couple of questions: 1. What are you going to do/use to keep yourself alive? Peacekeeping?. Drakes require 2 control slots, so you could only tame 2 drakes at a time and something that uses only one control slot i.e. a Polar Bear or a wolf. 3. Why do you want to park the drake someplace else?

I would think first that you would want to tame things safer that do not eat you, such as a Ki-rin or a bunch of polar bears. It does not take hardly any time to tame a polar bear and have it follow you until you get 5. You could keep the tamed DRake with you and have it defend you to keep you alive. I would also recommend that you hold a Mage Weapon to fight out nasties depend on where you tame. There is already a pretty good Zoo Donator Script over on EasyUO that most of the things you are looking for and you could mod that script to your needs.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »
Well, I have been doing it manually lol. I go to the daemon temple, and clear the dragons and daemons away from the side. Then I tame one drake, park him at the gate, and go take a second one. then gate both to the zoo for 800 points in about 3 minutes. Just figured it was faster than polar bears etc...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 12:15:25 PM »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 04:10:13 AM »
+1
You title states "Need input" - now that is an open invitation... ;)

So a few obvious additions...

Either use ignoreitem after you successfully tame the pet, so you do not try to tame an already tamed pet.
Then use ignoreitem reset when you have a second one tamed prior to gating away. This gives you the ability to command "all follow me" and verify your tamed pets are close to you now before entering your gate.
--- Alternatively
you can add the ID (#FINDID value) to a variable, which you then check for have you tamed it already... test if the current animal you wish to tame in in the list of this variable and proceed accordingly. (if #findid notin %alreadyTamed ... -> go ahead and tame this one). As one is tamed you would add it's id to the variable (set %alreadyTamed %alreadyTamed , _ , #findid) and if you needed to initialize/reset it (set %alreadyTamed _). This second method gives you a nice list of the ID's that are currently tamed to test for their proximity (finditem %alreadyTamed) and then verify each found have a #finddist value that is close enough.

Pay attention to how many are tamed using the #FOLLOWERS variable ... when it is > 3 (you can ride a 1 slot pet/ethy) then you have 2 tamed - time to head to the zoo.

Use journal scanning to determine when:
1) you have successfully tamed a pet
2) you failed to tame the pet and should retry
3) you are trying to tame a pet that someone else is in the process of taming
4) you are trying to tame a pet that is already tamed

You could have a small rail and keep yourself walking the rail segment to lead your aggressive tame attempt. You have to be within 2 tiles to initiate taming, but I think you can be 8 tiles away and still have the taming attempt continue. I can't remember, do drakes follow you or wander away when you try to tame these?

Use Peace or paralyze taming to initiate your taming attempt. It may be a bad thing for a pet you wish to keep with > GM skills at birth, but for zoo donations the point values you get are the same. I do not think drakes are created with > gm skills anyway.

Processing gate travel is variable depending on whether you are in a trammel ruleset only or traveling to a felucca ruleset. There is also the whole "your spirit lacks cohesiveness" when trying to get through a gate (journal handling helps here).

Generally speaking, some shards do not allow gating directly to the donation box/npc (Moonglow zoo, Britain Library, Vesper Museum, etc.), so having an option for a short rail from your marked rune location to the place close enough to make the donation may be an excellent consideration.

A check to keep yourself healed/cured in the loop. Drakes do not poison or have magery but other bad stuff that spawns around them definitely do.

What do you do when a pet doesn't make it through your gate to the zoo? If you donate everything you have at the donation box and you still have #followers (more than your mount), maybe a logout/login procedure would be good to pull pets to join you. This one is a little pie in the sky suggestion, but it is input.  ;D

This is missing a routine to process the defined menu buttons. As written, the repeat loop will continue forever. You will need to check #MENUBUTTON in whatever loop where you want that kind of control.
You need a good set of travel routines. I wouldn't recommend writing it yourself because there are solid tools that others have shared.
Only attempt to tame when you can... don't try to tame repeatedly unless your taming attempt has failed. Needs better coding structure to do this.

As for public routines that I feel are solid enough to recommend:
TM's Runebook Travel http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=18.msg18#msg18
TM's Advance Journal http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=33.msg33#msg33

If you are going to use your own logic for healing, then you really should be checking for poison using a call to EN's Scanbuffbar. There is just no other reliable way that is appropriate and it is here:http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1508.msg11033#msg11033

That is everything I can think of off the top of my head. If you want help testing something, I would be willing as time permits.

Gaderian

"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 05:28:07 AM »
You title states "Need input" - now that is an open invitation... ;)

So a few obvious additions...

That is everything I can think of off the top of my head. If you want help testing something, I would be willing as time permits.

Gaderian

WOW! +1

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 06:02:58 PM »
@Gaderian Holy crap!! Thank you for that! I will research this, and try to figure it out. This is VERY helpful!

Offline onkelatze

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • onkelatze has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 02:51:59 PM »
Only for Kirin and Unicorns try and change?!  ;)

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
ZooDonator.txt
railscsh.txt

Tags: