Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Logtruck79Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Logtruck79 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey guys
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

So this is my introduction post , First off My name is Bob and im an old man..To d*** old too be playing video games but what can I say.
Im recently married too a woman who ive been dating for around 8 years now (Yeah I know),and although she doesnt play Uo with me She actually gives me no grief at all about playing. I work in a Nuclear power plant(enough said). And have no kids (except the dog).

So enough about me lets talk about some Uo!

I started Uo in 1997 on Great lakes was an absolutley amazing time too play the game. EVERYTHING was new,everything needed too be explored  and I had no idea what in the world was going on when I logge on the first time,but I remeber I had an absolute blast.

A little story that goes along with my first time playing. I was over at a friends house,and he was playing uo and I was watching. At the time he was  playing his tailor and making shirts, well when he told me this I was like dude...Thats the most ignorant game ive ever seen..You make shirts..

Anyways I started reading the books and looking at the old cloth map that originally came with the game..Well it didnt take long for me too realize there was more then just making shirts. So I bugged him untill he let me make a char on his account.  Being the friend he was he walked me through making my first char. I chose some skills (im sure they were amazing choices) and I looged on. I if remeber right I starte out in vesper.

Anyways I wanted too kill stuff , So my buddy start showing me how too run out and around too covetous. On the way I find a house sitting there and decide too have a look inside. Well as soon as I walk through the door I see another player appear and the words Cor Por above his head , next thing I know Im a ghost. Me and my friend both were just amazed at the power this person just unleashed on me. So since I had been reading the booklet that came with Uo when my friend asked me what it was that the guy cast on me I replied "Oh he dispelled me I think".

Long story short
Getting dispelled that day made me fall in love with this game and Ive been playing every since and try too get dispelled on a daily basis.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
Great Intro, thanks! Trust me, I bet you are far from the oldest person in these parts, I bet I got ya beat by a few years.

One question that begs to be asked is: You having no kids...is that a direct result from working at a nuclear plant?  LOL

Anyway, welcome to SUO, restricted status is lifted, have fun, and join in.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Logtruck79Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Logtruck79 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »
Lol.

Sorry thats a trade secret I cant let out. :-X

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 06:31:32 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 06:54:44 PM »
Welcome to the site.  see you around the boards, i hope

Offline alonzo104

• Activity:
    0%
  • alonzo104 has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:35 AM »
Lol.

Sorry thats a trade secret I cant let out. :-X

I don't know if I should laugh with you on this post or cry.  I've seen enough this year on nuclear to make me think we should get the fu*k away from it as fast as possible. 

On the bright side last time Japan was hit w/ radiation it made them better looking and smarter.  I can't imagine what will happen this time!  lol

Welcome to scriptuo.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
Welcome aboard and know that you are not the only "youth challenged" person playing ;)

Tags: