Author Topic: Blacksmith Trainer  (Read 37157 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Blacksmith Trainer
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »
I just finished 120.0 skill from 50.0.
Very nice script and way more stable than the CEO drag drops.  Great chart and continued movement through items to craft while saving ore.  Man it is nice that you incorporated the new lower cost ingot items like boomerangs.

A few notes that I encountered along the way that could be addressed:

I had to 60 k stacks of ingots in the bag and when one of the two stacks, the one being dragged off of, go down to 238 ingots, it halted due to not reading the other stack in the pack.  findindex might help with dragging resources when one stack gets low enough to set off the not enough resources.

once you reach 120.0 smith it stops and tells you you are done.  when I clicked okay... it started crafting again.  Not a big deal but a nice polishing step.

I did have it make a dragon barding deed at 87.0 skill and it glitch trying to make the deed a few restarts and it went away.  it was supposed to make those head pieces at 87.0 and did once i restarted a few times.  weird and not sure if it is a issue.

I say pretty darn close to moving into our approved library  :)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
Thanks for the Feedback C2, very helpful.

I think I have a fix for the ingot stack issue that I built for another script and will incorporate into this one on the next update.

I am having the same mis-fire issue on the tinker script and I need to find a good solution to it.

I will put these on my to do list. I also need to come up with a menu for my crafting scripts.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
Thanks for the Feedback C2, very helpful.

I think I have a fix for the ingot stack issue that I built for another script and will incorporate into this one on the next update.

I am having the same mis-fire issue on the tinker script and I need to find a good solution to it.

I will put these on my to do list. I also need to come up with a menu for my crafting scripts.

I had zero of the issues that c2 mentioned.  I hit play, targetted a pack, was 120, and celebrated good times. :)  I love nice and simple scripts that do what they say.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
I think i had the ingot stack issue because i had zero mining, SO I USED MORE INGOTS AND GO T INTO THE SECOND STACK PLUS SOME BAD LUCK OF THE REMAINDER OF THE STACK BEING JUST BELOW (oops damn caps) the too few resources amount.  Good to hear others did not get the miss fire.  Is that item at 87.0 skill the only item on the second page that is crafted.  most seem to be on page one of the crafting list.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »
I think I made 120 last night. I was discon'd this morning with a "Congratulations, reached limit" message... couldn't log back in to ensure it was Legendary, I'll do that tonight and let you know how many ingots from 96-120.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
96 - 120: 42792 Ingots with 0 Mining Skill

Not sure how long it took, overnighted it and it was finished in the morning.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »
Wow, that's not very many ingots all things considered...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
From 100 to 120 on my ATL Gargoyle without mining 43,500 ingots. Not one hangup.

I'm not sure how long it took. I was gone all day.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:35:01 PM »
That's one helluva script that can "fire and forget".  Great stuff!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »
It really is.  It was gaining pretty fast in the higher ranges.  I watched it for a few when I was using it, and couldn't believe the speed of gains in the 100+ ranges..

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, much appreciated. Its a pretty simple script.  The only thing that you could call an innovation over the existing library was taking a fresh look at the skill curve and ingot consumption.  I have some refinements and failsafes to add in my next update, but I am pretty bogged down with work and other projects.  Going to calendar the next update for the first week of August.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »
Using this again on a new smith, found a problem.

I have 3 stacks of ingots in the secure... 2 x 60,000 and the last stack was the one the script was using. When the last stack got down to 300 or so the script stopped and said I didn't have enough ingots.... even though there was 120,000 in the resource container.

Needs to look for other stacks when it finds the stack it's using is too small.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
It really is.  It was gaining pretty fast in the higher ranges.  I watched it for a few when I was using it, and couldn't believe the speed of gains in the 100+ ranges..

I have to second that... ... i had an unfinished 80 something blacksmith and its tearings it way through it in the high 110s at present... Had a slight problem of it making the wrong thing pre boomerangs on one occasion... but i might be running a older version than is posted here..

Great script Paulonius
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »
Its due for an update... I just need to get my stuff more organized.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
great script.  Used it last night.  Started with 0 blacksmithy.  Bought it up to 40 then did the quest to get to 50.  From 50 to 120 overnight with less than 50k ingots.  Had no issues at all.  Awesome script, simply set up.  thanks for the great work. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: