Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 173472 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Sampire V2.0
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:37:35 AM »
The char is basically a Bushido/Parry with enough Necro to stay in Vampiric Embrace.

The old Sampire post can be found HERE. It has great info on this char build, but was created prior to the patch changing the requirements to remain in form.

Templates vary, but the basics are:

Weapon Skill
Bushido
Parry
Necro

After that there are a few different directions the char build can go...

Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Spirit Speak
Chivalry

The basic concept is to make a char that can survive by hitting. With VE you leech back hitpoints with every successful hit. You are also immune to L1-L4 poison. You recover stamina at an incredible rate as well. And you can remain mounted using this form, to take advantage of an armored swampy or a lesser hiryu.

Armor is somewhat an issue to offset the -25 Fire Resist from VE.

More to come, feel free to add your templates, stats, armor and strategies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:46:22 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:20:04 PM »
Okay for my Sampire so far this is what I have...

Mace 120
Tactics 115
Bushido 110
Necro 100
Spirit Speak 100
Chiv 80

Thats leaving me about 100 points to use....suggestions?  I know whammy now, but Samp is new, should I use parry?  Or anatomy?  Is spirit speak needed?  Help please lol.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:47:47 AM »
I'd go parry. Getting hit less is always a good thing.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 04:36:08 AM »
Now, how exactly does Vampiric Embrace work?  Always sucks life?  Is it a percentage of the damage you do?  Same amount as the damage you do?  Or is it an effect that is independant of itself?

And I am assuming all the same bushido skills are used with sampires as with whammys?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 05:16:46 AM »
Vampiric Embrace is 20% life leech on all hits, which stacks with other Life Leech.

A VE using a Curse Weapon would leech 75% on EVERY hit. Weapons with Hit Life Leech also stack but work the "weapon" way. The percentage to leech indicated on the weapon is the percentage of successful hits that the weapons leech capabilities will work. Life, Stamina and Mana leech on weapons all leech 33% (?) when they work.

So... A Vamp with Curse Weapon using a 40% Life Leech weapon will leech 75% on every hit, and 40% of successful hits they will leech 108%.

Now - I don't know if Life Leech from Vamp Form is the same as Mana Leech from Wraith Form. Wraiths do actually leech the mana from their opponent. A Wraith who leeches 20 mana is actually taking 20 mana away from the target. I don't know if Vamp's Life Leech works the same.

Offline wadefree85

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • wadefree85 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
Okay so I just reactivated after 5 years and I think i'm gonna convert my old LJ/axer to a sampire.

Template i'm thinking about doing:

120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necro
65 chiv

I have 75 leftover points.. not sure what to put them into.  Anyone got some advice?  I was thinking I could go higher into chivalry too.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
At 65 Chivalry your going to fail EoO quite a bit and that could cause some problems because your damage output is directly linked to how much life you'll leech back. If you can get the right Ring or Bracelet with + Chivalry that could solve your problems right there. I'd shoot for at least 75 Chivalry.

The Rest of the points I'd toss into either Spirit Speak or Anatomy. Looks like a good template so far. :)

I might have to actually try something similar since I don't have a sampire with Parry.  That template would probably be real good at dealing directly with Peerless and Champion Bosses. It's just too bad Mace Weapons don't have more Whirlwind Specials and the Black Staff isn't craftable... bastards. If I could get my hands on a great Black Staff I would be much more fired up on Mace Fighting compared to Swords.

I might try this template for my next sampire...only drawback would be no Magic Resists.

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Necromancy
75 Chivalry
65 Spirit Speak

Offline josh44

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • josh44 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
I have started a sampire, and so far can solo dh and parox.
This is my temp

120 swords
120 bush
120 parry
100ana
100tact
100necro
60chiv

It is annoying with only 60chiv but it gets the job done.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:07 PM »
Anat without healing is just a damage bonus. Spirit Speak might be a consideration in it's place, which would provide healing and much better Necro spells.

60 Chiv is a little low. You'll fail a lot of Enemy of One.

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »
Yea guys here's how I think it should go and I'm making a script and doing it 24/7 so I think I have the best temp so far: :)

120 weapon
120 parry
120 bush
115 tactics
100 anat
70   chiv
56   SS
41   necro

I have some great jewels, and use a bloodwood spirit to raise ss and necro up.  I have 60 defense with all 70's suit.  I'm near immune to divine which is GREAT.  I still dish out fairly mad damage.  My curse weapon and necro spells last a decent amount of time, and I can cast most everything first try. :)  Oh this is for wraith not sammy.  Sorry. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:07:04 PM by Scrripty »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »
My sampire:

115 Swords
115 Bush
115 Tactics
99 Necro
100 SS
85 Chiv
Rest in Magic Resist

Equip a weapon with whirlwind (soulseeker).

Even Twinkle McNugget will admit that this deals huge amounts of damage at champ spawns...to monsters...

:)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
This is the template I've decided on:

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
120 Parry
90 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Spirit Speak
70 Chivalry
(720 Skill Points)

Suit:
70/75/70/70/75*
(Can get 75 energy too if you feel like burning the barbed leather for high psn/energy... should only take about 300 pieces of leather)
Vampiric Embrace
50 DCI
45 HCI (W/ hci tally for when you're mana vamped and can't LS)
40LMC
24 Stamina inc
21 Mana inc
89DI (only need 11di from weapon, 31 if you want max when you don't have slayer talisman on)

Folded steel (Faction)
Heart of the lion (Faction)
HCI/DI Tally or slayer tally
MR2/5DCI Robe
5DCI Quiver
Gorget: 15/18/7/12/9, 8lmc, 8stam, 7mana
Sleeves: 4/19/14/12/9, 8lmc, 8stam, 8mana
Leggings: 4/19/6/18/9, 8lmc, 8stam, 6mana
ring: 15fire, 8lmc, 12hci, 22di, 10chiv
brace: 8lmc, 13hci, 22di, 10tactics, 10chiv

This allows me to keep riding my parox swampy that I've been riding on my wammy template (that hasen't been a wammy lately haha).  The extra stamina helps w/ 0ssi weapons, or 30ssi hard hitting weapons. 

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 09:48:08 AM »
If running Vamp form would Anatomy instead of Spirit Speak do better? The more damage done the more you leech back.

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »
If running Vamp form would Anatomy instead of Spirit Speak do better? The more damage done the more you leech back.

The problem is it takes 99 skill to get into vamp form...

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »

I don't think the damage difference is going to be enough compared to the curse weapon.  I wana be able to stand in a group of fire demons haha.

Tags: