Author Topic: Champion Spawn Difficulty Rankings!  (Read 12951 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Champion Spawn Difficulty Rankings!
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »
I'm curious as to what everyone thinks are the hardest spawns. Some players seem to do really well on some and struggle on others. Knowledge is key when working spawns. There are all kinds of little tricks that can help make a spawn much easier.

Ultima's current rankings based predominatly on playing as a Solo player or with 1-2 other people at a time:

#1 Bedlam - I've gone in with a guild of 10+ people one time (no one knew what they were doing myself included) and couldn't advance to tier 4. I've also seen a few players from the Asian shards solo the spawn, they died about 10x but they did it alone. Quite a feat being able to solo Bedlam one I've not been able to pull off myself. Ilhenir is a tough adversary...the first time I spawned him with a friend we had to retreat in defeat.

#2 Twisted Glade - This almost ranks with Bedlam. Neck and Neck. I've spent more time in the Glade and have a better understanding of that spawn so that may be the reason Bedlam gets the nod. I was under the belief that no way can it be solo'd but last week to my amazement I saw someone do it (Yes an Asian player...they're some very good Asian players out there that have a bag full of tricks). Again I've seen large guilds attempt the spawn and get utterly destroyed.

#3 Arachnid Spawn - Nowhere near Bedlam or the Glade Tier 3 of this spawn can be extremely challenging if your not properly prepared. The combination Matriarch's and Dread Spiders is down right lethal and I've had my head handed to me many times by this spawn.

#4 Abyss Spawn - Tier 3 again! The area damage by Gargolyle's along with the spell casting can be too much for the wrong template. And for the male players too many succubus chasing you around can be very hazardous.

#5 Cold Blood Spawn - The combination of Fire Breath and spellcasting can be just too much sometimes if you bite off more than you can chew.

#6 Undead Spawn - Without Magic Resists it's nigh impossible. Constant spellcastings coupled with Bload Oath can make for a challenging Spawn.

The remaining spawns of Vermin, Minotaur, and Oaks I all find pretty close.

I've yet to do a Harrower or a Sleeping Dragon spawn so I can't comment on those.

As far as actualy Boss Rankings:
#1 Ilhenir
#2 Rikktor
#3 Meraktus
#4 Semindar
#5 Mephistus
#6 Oaks (if Oaks was automatically aggressive to all alignments he would probably rank higher with most players but being that he is good and doesn't attack you on sight people underestimate him). He isn't the easiest to stand toe to toe with as a warrior.

What does everyone else think?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:24:08 PM by Ultima »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Champion Spawn Difficulty Rankings!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »
Using 3-4 Accounts the only spawns I Haven't finished alone are

1. Bedlam
2. Twisted Glade
3. Reptile

I've only Tried Twisted Glade 1x and I Was kicking ass even though I lost half my armor on half of my guys. Got it up to tier 3 And decided that It would be better if I used Leather armor on all my guys.

Bedlam..... jeezus... It just resets its timer too Quickly..... I think I would just have to have the right templates/suits to take that one down by myself.

If I had enough Archers, and A good internet Connection (I'm practically on dial up), I could easily do Rikktor, but as it stands he just eats me.

Other than that, i'd probably rank it.

#1. Bedlam
#2. Twisted Glade
#3. Sleeping Dragon
#4. Abyss
#5. Undead
#6. Oaks
#7. Cold blood
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
how about ranking the easiest? i came back to uo recently and want to try to do some of these peerless bosses solo. ill be using a tamer most likely, i dont have any dexxer with those crazy templates

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »
The two easiest spawns in my book are:

#1 Barraccoon The Piper (Vermin Horde Spawn) - Get a warrior with a Vermin Slayer and a weapon that has whirlwind and popping up Barracoon is very easy. Just taking Barracoon down on a Warrior can be a pain in the neck because he moves around alot. A Necromancer that spams the "Wither' spell with decent DCI also does quite  against the Vermin Horde Spawn and a Necromancer is able to drop Barraccon relatively quickly with a Repond Slayer Book casting Flamestrike or Fireball. My personal preferred method for taking down Barracoon himself is with an Archer with a magical shortbow with Mana Leech, Hit Lightning and preferably SSI. Fast archer weapons do good against Barraccon. I use an Whammy to progress the Spawn and then an Archer to drop Barracoon the Piper.

#2 Lord Oaks Spawn - There is no real danger as long as you have postive karma. My preferred method for taking down Lord Oaks himself is with a Greater Dragon after he's been discorded. So Disco-Tamer is the template I recommend for this spawn.

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »
how about peerless bosses? what are the easy ones?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »
Peerless as far as Difficulty Goes..... Well Depends On your template, Resources, and Your Tactics.

Personally I'd Say as Far as Hardest To Easiest Peerless BOSS.

1. Shimmering Effusion (It can Get Ugly If you Don't Kill his Spawn)
2. Paroxymous (1 Hit kills! Even at 150 Str, 45+ DCI, 120 Parry he still Can Swat You like a Fly)
3. Grizzle ( Slows Your casting, Eats your armor, Single Tamer can still take him...... )
4. Dreadhorn ( That Curse, Plus a few combo Spells, and A Decent hit, A Really good Dexxer Can solo him)
5. Travesty ( Hit her On the Head She changes Into Something Else! ITS LIKE A CARNIVAL!)
6. Mel ( No Comment, Personally Travesty Is Easier To me, But Thats because I Built my guys to Kick it around)

Hardest To easiest As Far As Getting the Keys.

1. Shimmering Effusion ( Screw Those Hydras, And Unlike the Rest of them You have to match the KEYS AT THE END)
2. Paroxymous (Let The Putrifier Take a Few Swings at you and You'll Understand. 2 Greaters Eat him alive though)
3. Grizzle (Red Death Wanders out while You happen to Be Fighting Michael And Jonathan... ouch......)
4. Dreadhorn (I KEEP KILLING THE CHANGELINGS, AND THEY JUST KEEP COMING BACK!)
5. Travesty ( Disarm, Whirlwind, Chug What More Can I say?)
6. Mel (Seriously? Cmon...... Unless that Crazy Hydra Wanders Over or your A complete NUB You should Never Die getting the keys here)

Funny That went in the same order!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: