Author Topic: New Cloaks Question..  (Read 6220 times)

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Cloaks Question..
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »
I haven't been following the current storyline with the Shadowlords and im kinda confused on the new patch. It says the rewards are ToT minors, doom arties, and the new cloaks, but im confused on where and what we kill for these. Also not sure about the cloaks of corruption (wasnt here for that) and what u turn in with those for the new rewards. little help on this?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New Cloaks Question..
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »
Rn,

Your not alone in being confused. It seems many people like the current Event Arc but I think the 'Team' does a piss poor job of informing the players what the hell is going on. I honestly don't think anyone has a clue as to what is going on. The Blackrock Detector Event started on March 29, 2008...so it's been well over a year now. Gimme a friggin' break....Just bring Stygian Abyss in already! ::)

I'm guessing that these artifacts they are talking about are going to be received fighting the Shadow Lords similar to the Moonglow Invasion in the Rift where Kronus's Blackrock Detector machine went haywire and opened the Rift.

And then you have the 3 threads (Thought, Life, Fate) which I imagine will come into play at some point in creating the Cloaks mentioned on the herald.

But it's just speculation on my part. I loaded up on Cloaks of Corruption and Threads. I'll be trying to get my hands on as many of those Cloaks of Power as possible. The other Cloaks don't have much value imo. But that Cloak of Power is a keeper. ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:55:07 PM by TrailMyx »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
The cloak of life isn't too bad either, basically an HP robe but only 3 HP but it has 1 HP regen on it which isn't too shabby.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »
I haven't been following the current storyline with the Shadowlords and im kinda confused on the new patch. It says the rewards are ToT minors, doom arties, and the new cloaks, but im confused on where and what we kill for these. Also not sure about the cloaks of corruption (wasnt here for that) and what u turn in with those for the new rewards. little help on this?

I'd be a little careful @#. your user name here and on stratics is nearly the same, and the post is exactly the same.  just an fyi in the event you're (like me) paranoid about what people may look at in a post, and cross-reference it elsewhere.  that can lead to trouble often times.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:52:58 PM by TrailMyx »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »
I can change your display name if you want, just PM me.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »
I can change your display name if you want, just PM me.
I would like mine to display Red or Green :)

I prefer Red....

plzxthx

lol
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »
I'm from New Mexico and I definitely prefer Red.  (Red chili that is.)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 05:15:07 AM »
I have an Xclio Account over on Stratics that I enjoy using to mess with the anti scripters :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »
I'd really like to know what threads create what cloaks... if it's set up that way.

According to  poster on stratics who has been testing on TC it's 10 Threads for 1 Cloak. Farming threads wasn't the funnest of things to do if I recall correctly but I'm pretty sure you can still get them in Magincia.

I know your going to want a 100% Poison Weapon for fighting the corrupted Souls which drop the Threads of Fate. Using  Poison weapon will make it alot easier for those of you planning on stocking up on threads prior to the event.

I should get my lazy butt down to TC to test out myself. But if anyone finds out how the cloak system is set up regarding what threads create what cloak please come and post your findings and I shall do the same. :)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 10:18:49 AM »
I was informed that ONLY 10 threads of LIFE will be combined with the Cloaks of Corruption, then you will RANDOMLY get one of the robes. Apparently the threads of Fate and Thought are useless. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
I went to magencia and di d not get any drops at all the other night after the patch i use to get a thread every exocism, and SS>  never got one killing corrupts though

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
i was having issues trying to get them a few nights ago as well, I killed for about 30-45 min and not a single thread.

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »
from about 45 mins of farming mag this morning i have 16 fate, 131 thought, and 34 life.

pretty easy, bring a necro for sure. use exorcism by the foresakens, fire spells on corrupts, and SS near the resetless

Offline RnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
where do we turn in the threads/cloaks? im gonna go try this out on test

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »
they said there would bee seers at 3 locations in patch notes.  one location was yew bank the other was , forgive spelling, lycuum and there was one more i cannot remember.  check patch notes that were posted on herald and it will tell u the three locations.  they are in grey robes and have seer in their name.

Tags: