Author Topic: Provo and Discord  (Read 13646 times)

Offline gateCrasherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Provo and Discord
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just started playing again after a hiatus. What is currently the best method to train up disco and/or provoke? I'm thinking of going with an all bard mage. I already have peace and music at 120. Any tips, pointers to existing scripts, etc would be helpful.

Thanks,
/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Provo and Discord
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »
Thanks!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
Play that funky music has all the bard single script s in one.  I combined them and added provo to avoid having 3-4 scripts.  Just haven't removed the others so Play that Funky Music Gatecrasher!

Thx! for the shout TM

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:10:08 PM »
Yeah, I like PTFM better. It seems to be faster. Thanks!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
I may have to check this one out.  It's rare that I run a script from someone else, but these days C2 seems to do some pretty cool stuff.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
Well, if you guys want to 2.0 it, I'm always game and have some suggestions (as usual) :)

Damn, I'm having flashbacks of the HW2.0 days...

/gC

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
From what I know and understand you want to finish off your music last or your screw'd. Get your music back down to 100 and raise up Provocation and Discordance to 120. Then do Music to 120. Music is the first skill that is checked when doing any barding activites. Not sure how good C2's disco trainer is but if your music is above 100 the other skills are going to be VERY HARD to raise.

My 5X Bard took me over 3 months of macroing every night and it was time well spent.  Discordance is probably the most powerful skill in the entire game. "Discordance turns Balrons into mongbats" is a qoute I remember once hearing and an apt one at that. Nothing like watching two Paragon Cu Sidhes go at it or Rend and Miasma.

A 4X120 Bard is hella fun to play. If you 120 the Magery it'll add a another weapon in the arsenal when never failing to EV. Very rewarding character! Good luck!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:38 AM »
 My character is almost a 6x bard.  legendary mage, med, music, peace.  118 discord, 117 provocation.

best part is i never had to train disord.  i had enticement back in the day

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »
Finally that old enticement skill pays off! Very nice who would have thought!

I have Spellweaving as my last skill and I love it to complete my bard.

I'm curios as to how GateCrasher is progressing being that he is above 100 music and trying to finish off two other barding skills even while using C2's script if he is.

With your skills being where they're at your good to go with GGS. Shouldn't be too long you for.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
Finally that old enticement skill pays off! Very nice who would have thought!

I have Spellweaving as my last skill and I love it to complete my bard.

I'm curios as to how GateCrasher is progressing being that he is above 100 music and trying to finish off two other barding skills even while using C2's script if he is.

With your skills being where they're at your good to go with GGS. Shouldn't be too long you for.

I finished it out and have legendary status in: music, disco, provo, and peacemaking. I actually finished it while I was out of town in San Francisco. I only needed music to complete, so I kicked it off that morning before I went to the airport. I was around 112 or so, and when I got back, I was good to go. Funny thing is, I've been so busy since I got back this week that I haven't even played him yet. :/ Gonna try to get some special time in this weekend.

In summary, yes, music was just left alone and when I got to around 100, I'd stone it, clear it, and start from 0. I would rinse and repeat that. Peacemaking kind of sucked, it took a long time. For disco, I used a bunch of blue beetles on a boat (which was a pain in the ass), until I got around 90 I think, or whatever it was that I could start doing cu's. Actually, I did that for both provo and disco if I remember correctly, then went on to cu's completely until I went legendary on disco and provo. The ink pen trick is key. Look at the date of my first few posts - it took from then until last Sunday to legendary all skills.

Special thanks to _C2_ for pointing me to his script, PTFM.

/gC

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
Just remember when you recall to the boat, recall to the boat with all the Cu's.  I had a dual-boat arrangement one time and forgot which key was which.  I became a nice snack.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
I haven't been able to find a tamer that would help me out with that yet.
but dual boats in the middle of the ocean sounds like a good idea.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
I haven't been able to find a tamer that would help me out with that yet.
but dual boats in the middle of the ocean sounds like a good idea.

Oh yeh, at one point a friend and I had a floating zoo out there.  We managed to train up all our skills.  But it does keep the pagers at bay; we macroed all day long and actually I was quite surprised how long those creatures remained on board and alive.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
If you play cat's I could help ya ;P  My tamer is red so I can only tame things in fel also.

Don't put em in a house at all.  I had like 60 Cu Sidhe in my house for training and left them there after I 120' Discordance cause I was lazy.  Someone paged about it while I was at work (Not logged in), And I still got suspended ;(

Tags: