Author Topic: script idea  (Read 2798 times)

Offline biggoodjohnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • biggoodjohn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
script idea
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:08:02 AM »
I've searched the boards, and haven't found a script to create and stack recall scrolls.  I may be the only one who needs this, so I'm not sure if it'd be helpful.  I've never written a script, so if someone would be willing to help me develop this, and walk me through it step by step, I'd be very grateful.  Also, you might help me become a contributing member of this site.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: script idea
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »
John this is actually the first script I ever wrote years ago when we first started playing. I never published it but it was rather easy to write. Of course I've lost it two or 3 computers ago.
I think you could take the inscription trainer form EUO and hash it up to something passable if you wanted to also.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
I will be willing to assist along the way bigjohn.  let me know what you have planned for it to do and give me 24 hours or so and i will get you started.

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
I will be willing to assist along the way bigjohn.  let me know what you have planned for it to do and give me 24 hours or so and i will get you started.

Yea just start scripting and post it up here, it's not government secrets making a recall maker.. :)  Post it up and we'll help ya!

Offline biggoodjohnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • biggoodjohn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:02:48 PM »
I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure if you realize, I don't know how to even begin.  Fortunately, I follow instructions well, but I learn best by doing it.  I'm thinking of this as a project just to learn how scripting even works.  I've used some, but haven't a clue on what happens in them.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
BigJohn,

I have never posted a script before either, but I saw your post and thought it might be something we could both learn from.  I put together the attached script based on your request and thought maybe you and I could work together on it to learn something.  I have not done any testing yet -- have not even tried to run it, so it may not work.

I am thinking of the following as ways we could build on this:

1. We could use offset clicks instead of direct clicks to make the script more stable and usable;
2. We could build in options for users to select different scrolls to make
3. We could build a menu system for user input.
4. We could do some other stuff you think of.

What do you think of starting with this and turning it into a scribe utility script as a learning project?

Let me know what you think.

-P

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Recall Maker.txt
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:40:21 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
WOO HOOO.  Take it to the house Paul.  I will oversee this and just give some critique as you guys go.  I want butt in just help out where I can.

Offline paezao

• Activity:
    0%
  • paezao has no influence.
  • Why can't we script our RL Jobs?
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:48 AM »
I appreciate the help, but I'm not sure if you realize, I don't know how to even begin.  Fortunately, I follow instructions well, but I learn best by doing it.  I'm thinking of this as a project just to learn how scripting even works.  I've used some, but haven't a clue on what happens in them.

Heya Bigjohn :)

Did you read the Cerveza tutorials in the tutorial section? They are really helpful and they give a great insight of how to start out.

Tags: