Author Topic: Fastest Way to Train a Combat Skill  (Read 9001 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Fastest Way to Train a Combat Skill
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
This is more of a survey than anything as I hate training combat skills and am interested in techniques people are using for training combat skills.

My current protocols are as follows:

Melee: I set up characters on two accounts with skills in the same range, the fastest weapons I can, as much stam as possible,  +5 repair armor, healing, anat, and a pile of aids in a container. I have them heal each other while they beat their skills into shape.  I stone off a skill and go buy it with a character if I have to start with a new character.  I generally always buy these skills to 40 in Haven.  I find this method more flexible than a golem and will allow you to train heal, parry, weapon skills, and bushido at the same time.

Archery: (will check for throwing) I get six Cu Sidhe in a house with pens and use a target rotator that gives me a shot or two at each one after the next in a cycle. The Cu will heal themselves and stay alive indefinitely if you have enough of them.  I save bows that have all damage in cold and energy, preferably without any damage increase.  With 0% DI and 100% in the Cu's two strong resists I have been able to sustain this for many hours with only four released pets.  Six pretty much always works.  This works well in the foyer of a castle, or if you have a custom house with animal pens.

If you have a better method please post it here!

This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest Way to Train a Combat Skill
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »
2 accounts. 1 tamer, 1 of Whatever WEapon skill you want to train.

Tame A Gaman, Have the melee character attack it, once he starts attacking it say all stop, all stay, then just set up a script to heal the gaman :) I think it will train you up to 120, i've only used it training melee on my lumberjackers though.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
+30 jewels also.  Just get to 40 and then do high end monsters with a healer bot.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:13:56 AM »
Archery Note: Get a high level Fletching talisman and run this little gem. It saves time running to an archery shop and doing repairs.

I used this in Khaldun when taking my archer to 120.

*it's dated now, but should still work

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Cervs Archer Repair Kit 10.txt
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Abyss

• May I buy a "2"?
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Abyss has no influence.
  • RAWR!!!
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:19 AM »
My way is actually pretty slow.

I go to yew crypts till about 70-75 hitting skele's afk with a target next loop while standing in the doorway of the crypt will all the skele's in it. Then I golem train till 120

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
Lava lizards until 90ish
Earth Elems until 100ish
Trammel Champ spawns using a champ spawn helper.

:)

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:16:53 PM »
Archer:

For a red character.

If you've done the spellweaving quest, one released cu in a pen in felluca will work. Use a mischief maker (100% cold) with no DI on jewels/talis/weps. Set up a gift of renewal macro on the cu.

Offline Wakiza

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Wakiza has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 11:07:30 AM »
Some good ideas here. I'll have to try them out!

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
Mele: 2 characters with cross healing/hitting each other  - as mentioned above
Archery: 2 characters on a boat. 1: mage - 100% LRC, casts blade spirits on land. 2: Archer - looks for blade spirits on the ground, and attacks them.
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »
*cries again*

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
Offering one left nut for access to full CLAw.  It's in perfect working condition, and doesn't have the kind of mileage on it that I'd like...

Offline camotbik

• Activity:
    0%
  • camotbik has no influence.
  • Hello! I'm a UO addict.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
Mele: 2 characters with cross healing/hitting each other  - as mentioned above
Archery: 2 characters on a boat. 1: mage - 100% LRC, casts blade spirits on land. 2: Archer - looks for blade spirits on the ground, and attacks them.

Boy it's great bein elite. :)

I bet, I'm still waiting for that Elite invite  ;)
What you witness -- is whatver..
uogamers hybrid.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »
By far the easiest way to train a weapon skill is to use spellweaving to Dryad Allure an artic ogre lord, then use your 100% poison weapon. I train all my wep skills like this and it's fast as can be. Just start with 50 skill and use jewels to get you to 65-ish (depending on the ogre). No dmg to your weapon or having to worry about healing. Can also be done with just one account. And getting the 50-ish spellweaving required to cast the spell is easy too!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 02:17:09 AM »
Those wolf spiders are 100% Poison resist...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »
Yes, but you need a tamer
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: