Author Topic: FINALLY got a conjuror's garb...  (Read 11768 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
FINALLY got a conjuror's garb...
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
Took me 46 crystals...*sob*  A week's worth of effort...or is it two weeks now?

:)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: FINALLY got a conjuror's garb...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »
hopefully i will get a chance to get one myself.. no time to gather crystals..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
Thats one more then I have.... I don't have that kind of time.

I have checked out TW from time to time to see about getting in some damage on someone elses... no luck so far. Whats best damage against those Harbinger things? Maybe I'll run my archer down there...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
I've worked up to about 15 blue crystals myself, just don't have the time here either. I might be able to farm a little bit more tonight. I really want one with 140 luck so the Harbringer just isn't an option.

The fifteen I have took only about an hour or so which really isn't too bad. I finally figured out a decent routine for hammering out as many quests as possible during each round of troll form.

Interesting tidbit, I was sitting there watching people recall in and out of the Hag location for a bit the other night. Most people coming in and out were in troll form most of the time and typical human/elf/gargoyle form some of the time which is exactly what I would expect. One person, however, was ALWAYS in harpy form. I watched them recall in and out at least a dozen times. I noticed that they did not have a costume on, they were holding one of the spellbooks. I'm wondering if there is some type of a bug there or if I was just overlooking something stupid.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
Oh great, so the only way to get the 140 luck one is to do that "healing" thing with crystals?

Is there a step-by-step somewhere so I can see how futile it is?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:49:19 AM »
Did anyone try this Spirit Speak trick to get more greenish corpses in less time ?
If this works it might speed up the process a lot ...

cu

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »
When you go into "Monster Form", it randomly picks a monster for you.  Most often it is the Troll, but sometimes it could be a Gazer or a Stone (Blue) Harpy.  There are several other Monster Forms as well, not just the Troll.

As far as finding Souls to Harvest, the harder the Dungeon Level is, the faster the red lights spawn.  Mark some runes in different locations on levels 3 and 4.  First, no one seems to go there and second, the lights most likely will re-spawn on your next go around.  I have seen most people follow the same path: they recall to the Dungeon Entrance, walk in and collect their 5 lights and then recall out to come back again thru the Dungeon Entrance.  Think of where there are harder monsters to kill, like the lowers levels of Deceit where Liches and Lich Lords spawn, in Hythloth where the Demons spawn, etc.  One word of caution, you need to watch your timer carefully, as you do not want to Polymorph back into Normal form with a bunch of Lich Lords around you.  Once, they see you turn back to your normal self, they will know it is you when polymorhed and attack you on sight, which forces you to lose concentration and turn Normal again.  It is also helpful if you can carry a couple of runes with you and if you fill your Soul Harvester up and still see "lights" close by, then mark a rune before recalling back to the Hag's House, so you can grab those without walking too far.
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 08:56:22 AM »
Oh great, so the only way to get the 140 luck one is to do that "healing" thing with crystals?

Is there a step-by-step somewhere so I can see how futile it is?

Yes, the only way to get a 'Conjuror's Robe' with 140 Luck on it, is to cure one of the Gypsies and receive it as a reward of thanks...

If you listen to Grizelda the Hag, when she first tells you about curing someone afflicted, she says it most likely will take 30, 35, 40 or more (or something like that).  She tells you the longer the person has been afflicted, the more blue crystals it will take to "cure" them.  There is no magic number.  It takes anywhere from 30-50 Crystals to cure one of the Gypsies. 
ORACLE

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
To have a 50% chance of getting a 'Conjuror's Robe' without the one 140 Luck, you must kill a Harbinger and do a minimum amount of damage to him (if you are in a party).  The easiest way to solo a Harbinger and give you the best chance of getting the 'Robe' as a Monster drop is to have a "Positive" Karma" creature in the game help you kill it.  Or rather, you help it kill it.  Before they fixed it (which makes no sense why they did), you could summon a Harbinger in the Abyss right next to the 'Renowned Pixie' and she would beat the snot out of it for you, without taking very much damage.  My trick now is to head over to the Ethereal Fortress (Ilshenar Spirituality Gate through the Spider Cave) and find a room that has at least 2-3 Ethereal Warriors in it.  Even better if one is a Paragon.  Invis or hide your toon, then summon the Harbinger and the Ethereal Warriors will take it down for you.  Other Ethereal Warriors will fly in from other rooms to join the fight.  Best place to summon it is on the roof or top level.  Make sure you get some damage in as well!  Sit back, watch the battle, get some good hits in, and then swoop in and collect your prize!
ORACLE

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
When you go into "Monster Form", it randomly picks a monster for you.  Most often it is the Troll, but sometimes it could be a Gazer or a Stone (Blue) Harpy.  There are several other Monster Forms as well, not just the Troll.
That could be what it was then although the person was definitely a normal harpy not a Stone Harpy and I also watched this over the course of about 20 minutes which is FAR longer than one round of transformation thus this person would have had to have been transformed into the harpy multiple times. I don't know how else to transform into a harpy though, unless you can do it with magery.

It's probably nothing, just wanted to throw it out there though just in case.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »
Did anyone try this Spirit Speak trick to get more greenish corpses in less time ?
If this works it might speed up the process a lot ...

cu

It works 100% for sure. I've gotten two white things off a single corpse doing this, though not often. When I do the quest I try to get 8-12 of the smaller white things so I can do 2-3 runs in a row.

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
What is this spirit speak thing of which you speak?

:)

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 06:24:44 AM »
Grass the corpse, Spirit Speak to change the corpse to another color and re-Grass the new corpse.
Rinse and repeat.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 06:28:01 AM »
For really quick Corporeal Residue I head down to the Rat Man nest just inside Ice Dungeon's entrance, Good fast spawn and easy kills. They seem to drop lots of the Residue. I was able spend about 20 minutes down there and get 12 residue. Enough for 3 transformations in a row.
I played for 2.5 hours last night and got 45 Blue 18 Red and 1 Yellow.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:30 AM »
Thanks for that bit of info brian that was very informative and not coded.  +1 karma for that little bit.

Tags: