Author Topic: Discordance  (Read 9795 times)

Offline InspektorTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Inspektor has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Discordance
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has worked this skill up lately? I decided I wanted to give this skill a try. So I started at 30 .. I am only at 38 now after hours of discording polar bears. This is absolutely brutal. Hahaha. Am I doing something wrong? I have about 30 polar bears trapped in an area so I can disco all of them. Also, is there Disco SoT's? I have been looking everywhere but I can't seem to find any.  Thanks in advance!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Discordance
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »
Taken from UOGuide:

0-30 Purchase Training from an NPC bard or provoke birds, rabbits and other low-level wildlife
    30-40 Cows, Hinds, Sheep, most farm animals
    40-65 Bulls, Scorpions, Great Harts, Polar Bears
    65-90 Giant Beetles (Best gains)
    90-100 Hiryus work great to break the 90 skill barrier.
    100-110 Cu Sidhes

Looks like you jumped to Polar Bears a little too early. Also yes, there are Disco SoTs.

I usually do Polar Bears until I can use jewelry to reach 80 skill. At that point I do Cu Sidhes. I haven't done it in close to a year so not sure if that way still works.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:36 AM »
I have been working it for 2 and a half days 24/7 with an auto relogger running.  started at 50 and did swampies to 78.  put on a +10 ring and am doing cus.  It is so slow due to the timer... provo is slow like this now too.  Pink scrolls should be worth a lot with skill timer back in full effect.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:06:53 AM »
Awesome. Thank you. Another question? How many targets should I be using? It seems that once I have disco'd the target once I have to recall out and wait for them all to become un-disco'd in order to even get a single gain.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
Awesome. Thank you. Another question? How many targets should I be using? It seems that once I have disco'd the target once I have to recall out and wait for them all to become un-disco'd in order to even get a single gain.

I do no less that 8 or so.  You can use the same animal over and over.  The nice thing about disco is that you can hide or invis for 11 seconds and it wears off and then redisco without reduced chances of gains.  However, you want to have multiples so you don't waste 11 seconds every animal.  I use to gather 40 cus on a boat and disco them all and wait 11 s fo rit to wear off them all at the same time.  instead of wait 11 seconds every single disco for it to wear off.  although with the timer bypass being gone, you basically wait 11s to have it wear off anyways then u are ready to disco again.  so one animal currently works just as well as 40.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
Excellent! Thank you so much.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
Just wondering if I will be able to 120 disco with music being 120 already? I am at 101 so far and the gains have become extremely slow.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 03:24:11 AM »
although with the timer bypass being gone, you basically wait 11s to have it wear off anyways then u are ready to disco again.  so one animal currently works just as well as 40.
Sorry for res'ng an old thread but I'm getting ready to train disco and am doing some reading first.

I was thinking about this this morning and I'm pretty sure it still makes more sense to have a lot of targets. The wait time between attempts is almost have the wait time for the target to become undisco'd (I believe it's 6 seconds). Also, add in the time it takes to cast Invis which, I believe, is just under 2 seconds without FC - let's assume one second just for the sake of discussion.

If I have one target I useskill Disco and target, cast invis, wait timer, rinse repeat - this is a 12-second cycle which means I can use the skill 5 times per minute or 300 times/hr with perfect timing and 1-second Invis.

If I have 10 targets I useskill Disco and target once every 6 seconds 10 times, cast invis, wait time, rinse repeat - this is a 66-second cycle which gives me roughly 545 times/hr with perfect timing and 1-second Invis.

Enter 20 targets = 126 second cycle or roughly 571 times/hr.

40 targets = 246 second cycle or roughly 585 times/hr

100 targets = 606 second cycle or roughly 585 times/hr

I was pretty bewildered when I ran these numbers. As you can see, the addition of many targets does not significantly increase your gain attempts however just adding more than one makes a HUGE difference.
The difference between 1 and 2 targets is 100 additional attempts/hr! When you'r talking about two solid days of macroing (48 hours) this is the difference of 4800 attempts! That's a lot of time saved there. In the meantime, adding too many targets is basically worthless after you factor in the time to tame them all.

I may have numbers wrong here, I'm kind of tired. I'll look at it again later.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 05:09:30 AM »
it is still around 10-12 seconds to undisco but i do like 20 targets when i train still to this day.  i have a great spot if u want to use it and will help u get animals later

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 05:14:53 AM »
it is still around 10-12 seconds to undisco but i do like 20 targets when i train still to this day.  i have a great spot if u want to use it and will help u get animals later
I tested this morning at 12 seconds to undisco and about a 6 second useskill timer.

I will DEFINITELY take you up on that C2, I'm working from home today so I might setup the basics in my house but I'm not sure. I'm at about 65 Disco right now so have a long way to go!!

Curse me for not jumping on Disco with the jewelry skill bug :(

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Krusty The Klown

• Activity:
    0%
  • Krusty The Klown has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
I am currently working up disco on a char and am at 101 disco the rates still seem to be the same with 8 pets or 30 that doesnt seem to make much of a diffrence but as far as skill gains go i ran with swampy's to 83 jeweled up to 90 dropped the jewels at 88  with 70 music and the gains havent stopped yet.  :D

Tags: