Poll

What Do You think Will Happen if they Ban Easyuo?

UO will Cease to make money and Shut Down
13 (48.1%)
Game Play Will continue like it does
3 (11.1%)
They Will Simply Decrease the Number of Shards to compensate for loss of Accounts
5 (18.5%)
Penguins Will take Over The Earth
6 (22.2%)
Who Cares?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: March 14, 2010, 09:03:01 PM

Author Topic: What Happens if they ban Easyuo?  (Read 12306 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
What Happens if they ban Easyuo?
« on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »
I know this is like the 100th time EA Has Talked about looking into 3rd Party Program Detection, But they also brought up that they are looking into fixing the speed hack Problem, which is something NEW and worry's me. It Shows that they are actually getting involved.

So, what do you all think will Happen if they do Start Banning 3rd party programs? I'm 100% Sure that they will lose 50% of their Clients Right off the bat if they Do. I mean Hell I own and Pay for 5 Accounts Personally.

On A Side Note I didn't think the speed hack problem was that bad, I just figured my connection was that bad, but then I started PvP'ing Every day Again. And I run with guildmates who ping Less than 20 and some who even use Cheat Engine. I don't Really Have a problem Keeping up with them, and I can Clearly See their actions on Screen (They run away, they move around that tree, they Approach me etc etc etc.... )

I get out on the field, and I watch as a character goes from being off screen to me being nerve striked, dismounted, and 3 more guys are practically next to me who weren't even on screen. The Speeders are Getting dangerous. (Its a mix of an Asian Speeder and Cheat Engine BTW). Mages Swear it doesn't affect their casting, but i'd beg to Differ. I know people swear Timing Timing Timing, but I run with some damn good mages and I know how fast A Flamestrike should cast, and its just ridiculous what some mages can do. (2nd Flamestrikes landing before the other one has even Dissapeared yet on my Screen)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What Happens if they ban Easyuo?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »
I have three accounts.  I'll close them all without EUO and never look back.

Well, I might try and sell them first - but I don't know a single player that doesn't use EUO.

:)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 08:09:27 PM »
OKAY WHO VOTED PENGUINS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
I'm a firm believer that our Penguin overloads will assume control in the aftermath.  In the mean time, I really do doubt the UO Powers would be that stupid and pull the rug out from under what little cash cow they have left; especially with their last corporate results.  They know how many people use EUO, and they know what will happen to their bottom line.  It's just that simple.  5th grade mathematics.   Let the vocal minority rattle their little wooden swords.  It won't change the hard, cold reality.  Scripting is here to stay.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »
Penguins don't like it when you talk about them openly.  They will gut you.

Really.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
HAHAHAHA, Someone has to get an avatar of that moment in futurama when the penguins of pluto pick up guns and look at each other with squinty eyes... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »
I have 5 accounts and I agree, if or when they ban EUO, then UO will die......I will close my accounts for sure......EUO helps in many ways......saves all the clicking and arm movement......And all you guys do a Great job providing Scripts for us to use....Love Ya all....Keep up the good work as Long as UO LIVES :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
i also voted penguins as i dont believe it will happen. Every player i have ever met and asked bar 1 has used easyuo.

Its finacial suicise to implement such a policy .. you would think that the punkbuster discussions from yeaster year would have made that that clear.  Harping on about it again is just being annoying.

Personally it would be the push that is needed to remove me from the game and the expense and move onto something else. And im pretty certain that goes for alot of us. If it wasnt for scripting i probably would have quite the game years ago. Suddenly the market will be flooded in super vet accounts for sale.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »
I already have the script written to run around my houses and unlock every container, and every lock down.  When I leave the game, it will be very quietly.  Suddenly, there will be a few very large open spaces available on Sonoma/Napa/Baja.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
First, penguins are already taking over, hence my vote for that. Second, as others have said, EA will lose a TON of accounts. I only run one account and I rarely script completely afk. However, part of me almost wishes I'd get banned so I could finally quit this game and get on with my life  :-\

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait for the army to get busted.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 02:41:29 AM »
Penguins don't like it when you talk about them openly.  They will gut you.

ROFL for some reason this got me NoBama hehe.

Made me think of the Violent Femmes Intro:

"The violent femmes, they bring all their equipment on the bus. And you
Can't f* with the violent femmes. You cannot f* with this band."
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline UoLugnutz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • UoLugnutz has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 04:18:21 AM »
I do believe Cheffe stated around the whole Punkbuster thing that if EA wanted to detect people using EUO they could do so easily. Which means they don't care or have seen how many people actually use EUO and can not afford to lose the player base. I know I would cancel my two accounts. UO is too time intense and item based now for a part time player like myself to try and compete. 

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 07:05:29 AM »
I have 5-8 accts open at any time depending on what month it is. And I agree that without EUO I would be gone just as fast as I could cancel them.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 08:26:04 AM »
I only use EasyUO for training skills and making supplies. I do all my pots and what not on my mage by hot keys.

And what is this asian speeder? haha

Tags: