Author Topic: Extra resist on leather armor that doesnt count towards your imbueing weight  (Read 13149 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
I have done extensive playing around with imbueing.  I found this little quirk in the system if u take regular sewing kit and make regular leather pieces till u get piece lets say with 13 poison and 15 energy and u enhance it with bard your resist in poison goes to 16 and energy to 19.  Okay know imbue the piece normaly any resist over 13 counts as imbue stat but when u do it this way it doesnt.  Just tip for all you guys and gals out there.  Maybe one day ill be elite enough to join u guys in the elite section lol but hope these contrabutions help someone.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
i make all my pieces out of barbed or horned and get high phys, cold and energy.  then i only imbue cold and fire and have three mods left for the good stuff.  That is general crafting 101 since they made special material item imbuable.  I love that you are sharing and this if no one knows is the way to do it.  if you start your pieces with a runic... you are not getting the most out of your pieces.

Of course you resists are even higher if u make the piece out of plain leather and then  imbue resists... then enhance but breakage is high... still only way to get over 20 resist in areas.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:09:26 PM by _C2_ »

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
i make all my pieces out of barbed or horned and get high phys, cold and energy.  then i only imbue cold and fire and have three mods left for the good stuff.  That is general crafting 101 since they made special material item imbuable.  I love that you are sharing and this if no one knows is the way to do it.  if you start your pieces with a runic... you are not getting the most out of your pieces.

Of course you resists are even hogher if u make the piece out of plain leather and then  imbue resists... then enhance but breakage is high... still only way to get over 20 resist in areas.

The way i sugested alows you to put 5 hp increase 20 lrc mana regen 2 lmc 7 or 8 with imubeing one reist and u can make all 70s suit that way

Post Merge: July 24, 2010, 06:52:42 PM
also forgot to mention it doesnt cost u arm leg if the leather piece breaks when u enhance it

Post Merge: July 24, 2010, 05:00:19 PM
for example on my mage suit i use the kasa of the rajin and armor of fortune i crafted my gorget with the above method and stats are mr2 lmc 8 lrc 16 hp increase 5 resist are 10/11/9/18/10 i still have one imbueing mod i have not put on it cause the poison is not counting towards my resist. Next my arms are mr 2 lmc 7 lrc 8 hp increase 5 resist are 17/15/9/7/8 i enhanced this piece with horned to get the fiften fire and 17 physical that didn t count towars my imbueing weight so i stil have one property i can imbue on to it. Hopefully i gave better detailed example with what i was doing. i didn t louse any imbueing mats cause i was enhanceing before i imbued it
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:00:19 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales »

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
C2 he never mentioned using a runic kit initially.

He's just saying to burn pieces with regular leather, and then when you find a sweet regular piece, enhance it with barbed. He's looking for high poison/energy pieces so he can add 2/1/2/3/4 with his barbed enhancement.

Then he imbues that piece.

----------------
Josey, C2 was just saying that he burns through a bunch of barbed or horned leather initially, instead of using the normal leather/enhance before you imbue method.

To be honest, I didn't even think you could imbue leather pieces that were just enhanced with horned or barbed leather until I just tried it. Guess I'll mess around with it more since I have a bunch of extra regular leather laying around, and you don't need leather to 120 tailoring anymore.

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
u hit the nail on the head there wilki also take look when u go to imbue normaly when u do horned leather anything over 13 in resist counts towards imbueing mod with the way im telling u about it doesn t count so u get higher resist on the piece than u could get just doing regular barbed leather also works for enhanceing with horned as well.  Crafter a pair of leather hands till you get lets say 11 physical and 13 fire.  Okay know we pull out the horned leather and enhance it the resist of physical goes up to 13 and fire goes up to 16 with what horned leather gives you.  Okay know imbue the piece u will notice that the physical and fire  even thow they are above 13 but they are not counting towards the imbueing properties so u still have 5 properties u can imbue wich alows you to do much more with your suit

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
I wasn't actually addressing outlaw when i said if u are usinga runic kit you are doing it wrong.  that was a statement of support for outllaw, well intended to be, for the community.

Wilk is right in what i intended.  I was crafting with the material initally and not enhancing it afterwords.  I misread the steps at first.  I am not sold that it will give more than crafting with the special material initially as the material bonus is standard but you would certaily use less barbed or horned.  i will futz with it some as i have a suit to build very soon.

No, ill will intended.  Just sharing on the topic  ;)

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Just tip spined kits and horned kits and barbed kits will not work with this method cause it automaticaly counts any resist over 13 as imbued resist

jesterboo

when i started imbuing, i wrote down my mages suit and go off of that.

I usually take a regular sewing kit, and barbed leather and make about 100 of each piece. then i figure out what piece fits in the correct place. piece on my arms might look like 6/7/10/10/10. then I do the rest of my suit like that in the spots i need imbued. then i can add the LMC, LRC, MR, HP then resist. I have been messing around with barbed kit and reg. leather to get the mods then imbue it. crazy way i believe, but could get better

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
when i started imbuing, i wrote down my mages suit and go off of that.

I usually take a regular sewing kit, and barbed leather and make about 100 of each piece. then i figure out what piece fits in the correct place. piece on my arms might look like 6/7/10/10/10. then I do the rest of my suit like that in the spots i need imbued. then i can add the LMC, LRC, MR, HP then resist. I have been messing around with barbed kit and reg. leather to get the mods then imbue it. crazy way i believe, but could get better

not knocking your system sir but the reason i posted this was to show that when u enhance piece armor and it goes over 13 resist in any resist it doesn t count towards imbueing property with the method i disribed normaly if resist is over 13 it counts as imbueing stat when u make bard leather or horned leather or spined leather pieces.  I was showing away to get around that

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Actually, if you make horned or barbed or spined leather armor with 14, or 15, or 16, or 17, or 18 fire resist (or any resist for that matter) with a regular sewing kit it does not count towards any imbuing weight.

I ripped out a ton of horned leather and kept all my 17 or better fire resist pieces just for the free 17 fire mod (which does not count towards your 500 pt imbuing total).

jesterboo

i understand what you were doing, i was just telling how i did it, maybe to find a different way, since i was trying a few new ways also.

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Actually, if you make horned or barbed or spined leather armor with 14, or 15, or 16, or 17, or 18 fire resist (or any resist for that matter) with a regular sewing kit it does not count towards any imbuing weight.

I ripped out a ton of horned leather and kept all my 17 or better fire resist pieces just for the free 17 fire mod (which does not count towards your 500 pt imbuing total).
know ive lerned somethign i didn t know

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
It's much better to just make the items using the hide types instead of enhancing. You won't fail making it, but stand a serious risk of failure while enhancing.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Okay know imbue the piece normaly any resist over 13 counts as imbue stat but when u do it this way it doesnt.

This statement is a little misleading, but I think I know what you mean.  I think a less ambiguous way to say this would be: As long as you are crafting with a regular sewing kit it doesn't matter what your total is in a resist, it won't increase your imbue total as long as you are crafting with regular materal.  

There are a couple of factors in play when you craft a piece.  When you have 100 arms lore and craft exceptional armor there are 20 randomly placed resist points ranging in intensity from 0 to 12 (which I understand is the limit, but have never independantly verified).  

Each item type has a base resist pattern. For leather armor, it is 2/4/3/3/3.  Just crafting with normal leather you could get a peice that was up to 15 in poison or in energy resist based on how the 20 random points are distributed, just as you suggest.  Barbed leather adds 2/1/2/3/4, so if you are crafting from barbed leather with a normal kit your min/max for poison and energy are 6/18 and 7/19.  Although it is unlikely that you will get these in one and even less so in both, it is possible for the minimum.  I find its easier to get the minimum than the maximum and I see double minimum resist peices a lot.  There is also an imbue multiplier associated with special materials.

If you are adding a resist, it starts adding the possible 15 imbue points from the base item resists, wiping out any points you may have on the peice from crafting it exceptionally, and any that may have been added by a special material.

When you imbue on a peice with special material the imbue system starts multiplying the imbue intensity points toward the 500 maximum (450 for non-exceptional) by the multiple for the material. This means if you are imbuing on a barbed peice, while you still have 5 properties you can apply, the total imbue intensity available is limited to about 416.5.  As a result, the best peices you can imbue are made by retaining as many of the exceptional points as possible on something crafted with normal material, completing 500 points of imbue, and then enhancing.  This can give you a peice with up to 600 imbue intensity points based on the possible 500 points you can add multiplied by the material multiplier. As has already been mentioned in this thread, this can be a huge pain in the butt and very costly.

I find that really good peices can be made by putting one imbue resist on a peice crafted starting with barbed, just as you have said, and looking for a peice that has no (or very few) of the exceptional points on the resist I want to imbue.  It won't be the ueber elite you can make by enhancing after you complete the imbue, but its still pretty great.

Hope this is helpful!

-P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:16:20 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
I've been doing exactly the same thing. I like Horned for some reason, but I need to mix in Barbed as well.

I love seeing something with a 5 resist on it. That's the spot I'll target to imbue resist onto the item. I generally look for a solid balance of other resists, unless I see a piece that really jumps out, like something with a low of 5 and a high of 15+. I'm only making about 20 of each now because I'm only making mule suits. I am keeping anything that's real good for other suits later.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: