Author Topic: BOD Tool  (Read 8776 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
BOD Tool
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
So I started to write a VB Program to handle my BODs when I came across this program

http://uo.stratics.com/bod/BODs.shtml

Anybody play with it much, It looks very nice.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: BOD Tool
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
I attempted to use this quite a long while ago, and decided against it for one major reason.  You had to import every bod one at a time.

Thanks for reminding me it was there.  It looks like the newest version does support importing mass amounts of bods now, and could be very helpful in keeping things straight. 

I know s7 had/has an export tool that would make a txt file that could be loaded into uobod.  I'm wondering if the txt file that is created with it can be loaded into this tool being as though it says it supports exported txt files from uobod directly.  Definitely something to try.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »
I attempted to use this quite a long while ago, and decided against it for one major reason.  You had to import every bod one at a time.

Thanks for reminding me it was there.  It looks like the newest version does support importing mass amounts of bods now, and could be very helpful in keeping things straight. 

I know s7 had/has an export tool that would make a txt file that could be loaded into uobod.  I'm wondering if the txt file that is created with it can be loaded into this tool being as though it says it supports exported txt files from uobod directly.  Definitely something to try.

Great minds travel in similar paths - that's what I was thinking of writing

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
I suppose as a worst case scenario..  You could use s7's indexer to load into uobod.  Then export the file out of uobod so that it would certainly work with this program.

Adds extra steps, but nothing is more tedious than adding bods one at a time. :D

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:50:02 PM »
There is a function on this program that loads bods from UO Assist based on having them loose in a vendor bag.

Just have to do that for each full bod book you have.

Much faster still than when I first looked at this also and thought logging one bod at a time manually...

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
There is a function on this program that loads bods from UO Assist based on having them loose in a vendor bag.

Just have to do that for each full bod book you have.

Much faster still than when I first looked at this also and thought logging one bod at a time manually...

Hmm.. Sounds like that could be a good alternative if the book scanner doesn't work the way we'd hope it will.  Though I'm scared to think of how long it would take to scan the amount of bods I have by dumping them to a bag and scanning them... eeks..

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:43 PM »
Yea that could take a while still....I must have over 60 bod books myself stuffed with bods.....

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
gimlet,

I've been trying for a little while now to get the scanner to work with no luck.  I noticed a couple of the gump sizes were wrong, so I updated them.  But still a no go.  It scans the first page just fine, turns the page, then it hangs up.

I've tried both the old kalocr file that came with the download originally as well as the most current one.  Neither seem to have any affect.

Not sure what else I can try to correct the hang up, but figured I'd let you know it wasn't going to be plug-n-play if you haven't had a chance to try it yet. :)

Oh.. just realized that I was trying books that are in vendors.  Off to try out of my pack...

No luck.  Stepped through it at the point that it hangs for me, I'm not seeing what could be causing it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:25:58 PM by MeWonUo »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »
WHat is the ultimate goal? Sorting?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »
WHat is the ultimate goal? Sorting?

For me, I'd just like a quick way to find out if I have all of the small parts to hammer and certain tailor bods without having to thumb through the pages one at a time.  I do sort everything by color and armor set, but this would allow me to add an entire book of new bods to my master list after turning them in.

Would just save a load of time for me. 

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
Here's what i want it for. I have maybe 30 or 40 Tailor BOD books (each with about 100-200). I'd like to set up a data base so I can find things when i want them. Also i'd like  to be able to quickly put together a book or 3 that will give clothing bless deeds. Its a pain right now searching.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
Here's what i want it for. I have maybe 30 or 40 Tailor BOD books (each with about 100-200). I'd like to set up a data base so I can find things when i want them. Also i'd like  to be able to quickly put together a book or 3 that will give clothing bless deeds. Its a pain right now searching.

Have you taken a look at BadWolf's bod sorter?  It takes a little setup naming all of the books the way you want it to sort for you.  But it's far and away the best sorting scripts that I've seen so far.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »
No I haven't but I will - Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
The overall utility of this is actually minimal.  With the current prices on runics being so low, it's really only worth collecting val hammer bods and if you can't keep track of those, (you get like 1-5 for every 1000 bods you turn in) you might be scripting the wrong thing. 

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:21 AM »
No I haven't but I will - Thanks for the heads up!

My pleasure.  It's fairly self explanatory, but if you have any questions let me know. I've been using it for a very long time now.

Tags: