Author Topic: What to craft to get relic fragments?  (Read 8448 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: What to craft to get relic fragments?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:50 PM »
I always use copper hammers>gold ingots>war cleaver= frags!

This method seems viable and worthwhile however it didn't work so well for me when crafting a Guardian's Axe.

wow, much better with frostwood, got 45 relic frags with burning 3 heartwood saws.
Crafting what item? Bokuto?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 10:58:04 PM »
I can't believe there isn't a market for those saws.  I would have thought you could have just sold them and bought the relics or the hammers/gems for a better return.  If you have more on Napa give me a yell.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 05:25:05 AM »
Heartwood saws are pretty worthless these days.. 2mil and under i reckon.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »
I see 50 relics going for 2 mil on some shards.  I'd have burnt the charges on heartwood stuff....but that's just me I guess. 

I just searched for saw's, worthless.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »
So, I just came upon a bag of DC/Shadow/Copper runic hammers...what's the best thing to burn to get the max amount of resources (so that I can train up imbuing finally)??
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline systempanicTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • systempanic has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »
I always use copper hammers>gold ingots>war cleaver= frags!

This method seems viable and worthwhile however it didn't work so well for me when crafting a Guardian's Axe.

wow, much better with frostwood, got 45 relic frags with burning 3 heartwood saws.
Crafting what item? Bokuto?

yes,Bokuto. It uses fewest board and high success rate.

Post Merge: April 28, 2011, 06:59:01 PM
I can't believe there isn't a market for those saws.  I would have thought you could have just sold them and bought the relics or the hammers/gems for a better return.  If you have more on Napa give me a yell.

I am on Formosa shard, and nobody want to buy runics kits now....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:59:01 PM by systempanic »

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
So, I just came upon a bag of DC/Shadow/Copper runic hammers...what's the best thing to burn to get the max amount of resources (so that I can train up imbuing finally)??

I'd say anything with "mage armor" with ag or better ingots should be what you want to do.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »
Mage armor from SE armor doesn't count towards unravelling I'm pretty sure.

DC I think was the best bet for most hammers since it gives you a few adds and increases the durability, plus its cheap!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »
Ultima, if you are wanting to get ingredients to train imbue, I would start with a toon you can make bows or bokuto with and unravel a ton of oak weapons.  This is cheap, will train up imbue and give you the residue you need to train up the rest of the way. 

Save the hammers to use to make elemental weapons.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
Ultima, if you are wanting to get ingredients to train imbue, I would start with a toon you can make bows or bokuto with and unravel a ton of oak weapons.  This is cheap, will train up imbue and give you the residue you need to train up the rest of the way. 

Save the hammers to use to make elemental weapons.

What paul said. there are several post in here from Paul and myself on what stats and what level we where able to get to on gains before having to do something else. I believe I trained up to 80 ish in imbue using my residue maker.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
What paul said. there are several post in here from Paul and myself on what stats and what level we where able to get to on gains before having to do something else. I believe I trained up to 80 ish in imbue using my residue maker.
I'm good to go...

I have a 120 Artificer on 4 Shards thanks to both your scripts. And about 500k in Residue thanks to the SCEC.

I was just curious about the return of relic fragments from frostwood as well as the Knight's Cleaver +Copper Hammer + Gold Ingots.

Knight's Cleaver +Copper Hammer + Gold Ingots worked.
Guardian Axe + Copper Hammer + Gold ingots didn't.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
Pretty sure that with a copper hammer and a knights war cleaver you are better off trying to get the multiplier from valorite ingots than adding on the adds from gold and getting that multiplier. Fewer adds, so have to make what adds you have count!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
My last runs, when i was trying to write a relic / essence / residue script, indicated that there is no cost effective way to reliably create relics.

You CAN get a ton using bronze or higher with valorite ingots, DC ingots, and gold ingots. Gold hammer is by far the best, easiest to get and yields about 2.2 relics per charge.

There is a dependable process for enchanted essence, both with woods and ingots. Need access to queens forge.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »
On most shards the cost of creating relics with Knights Cleaver/ Guardian Axe is about the same if you figure the going rate for the gems and ingots involved.  Its not a positive gold conversion ratio at current market, but if you need relics and mine a lot, you can make them with the stuff you mine.  Ingots sell well enough, but gems often take longer. It can be a good way to increase your through-put by diversifying even thought the rate is not a plus.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: