Author Topic: TrailMyx's Runebook/Spellcast subs for OEUO  (Read 17070 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Runebook/Spellcast subs for OEUO
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »
Code: [Select]
---------------------------------------------------------------
-- Script Name: TrailMyx's Runebook/Spellcast subs for OEUO
-- Author: TrailMyx
-- Version: v1.2
-- Shard OSI / FS: unk
-- Revision Date: 8/30/2010
-- Purpose: Collection of routines to automate the use of the runbook and spellcasting including:
--
--          TM_NewCastSpell(whichspell, whichtarget, castretrymax, waitdelay, recovery_delay) - casts spell with programmed wait times, targets, etc
--          TM_TravelFromRunebook(method, locindex, locindexend, rbook_in) - travel from runebook with known FINDID
--          TM_TravelFromNamedRunebook(method, locindex, locindexend, rbook_name) - travel from runebook with known NAME
--          TM_RandomRunebookTravel(method, locindex, locindexend, rbook_in) - generates a random destination from a given rune range
--          TM_TravelFromObject(method, object_in) - travels from objects like runes and boat keys
--
-- Examples:
--    while true do
--      for x=1,8 do
--        TM_TravelFromRunebook("re",x,x,"IWEPUVD") -- travels from rune locations 1 to 8 and then repeats
--        wait(200)
--      end
--    end
--
--    while true do
--      TM_TravelFromObject("re","YDTXCND") -- travel to boat key
--      TM_TravelFromObject("re","IWEPUVD") -- travel to rune book present location
--    end
--
--    TM_RandomRunebookTravel("re",1,3,"IWEPUVD") - recall to a random location within the range of 1-3 in runebook
--    TM_TravelFromNamedRunebook("ga",1,1,"Zippyy") - gate travel to rune location 1 in runebook named "Zippyy"
--    TM_TravelFromRunebook("ga",1,1,"IWEPUVD") - gate travel to rune location 1 and runebook id IWEPUVD
--    TM_NewCastSpell(28, "self", -1, 10, 20) - casts spell 28 (Greater Heal) on the spellcaster
--
-- Special Thanks:
--
-- Beta testers:
-- Bug testers:
--
---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to widely release these yet since they still probably have some fleas.  But if you want to start playing with them, feel free.

Please Note:
These are required:
dofile("tm_oeuo_advjournalscan10.lua")
dofile("tm_subs_collection5.lua")

IMPORTANT!!!

You must save your Lua script before you run it, or else your "dofile" will not correctly include your file.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_runebook_travel13.lua
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:10:21 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Runebook/Spellcast subs for OEUO
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
thanx TM I am working on a recall resource gather script in OEUO and this will give me some guidance on how to work around it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »
My testing seems to have these pretty solid.  But OEUO is so new to me that anything could go wrong.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
Isn't TM_AdvJournalScan needed with this?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:42:48 AM »
I am just going to pull it apart and figure out everything on my own and write a new sub.  Its no fun if i use someone elses work and dont learn from it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »
Isn't TM_AdvJournalScan needed with this?

Indeed, I added the note to the main post.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »
To my knowledge, I don't think there is another runebook subs suite out there for OEUO.  Really no *REAL* journal scanner either.  It's nice to be first.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:32:51 PM »
I'm totally lost.. I tried to run this script.. I removed one of the examples.. Randome Recall from 1 to 3, I changed the ID of the book to one of the ids of my book (I assume I use EUO to get the ID) hit play, I get some error

...ony\Desktop\OpenEUO\scripts\tm_runebook_travel12.lua:28: attempt to call global 'TM_RandomRunebookTravel' (a nil value)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:48:58 PM »
You need to have all the subs I've published so far (runebook, subs, and journal scanner) in the scripts directory located in the OEUO directory.

When you get that particular error, chances are 100% that it can't find a file you were referencing.

BTW, I found a small problem with the gate travel part of the sub; I'll fix that soon.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
BTW, I found a small problem with the gate travel part of the sub; I'll fix that soon.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 06:07:02 AM »
Well, it's a small problem.  When you get the confirmation gump that pops up on some gates, it doesn't click correctly.  I just ported the numbers, but didn't test that part.  I only tested on "normal" gates.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 11:31:10 AM »
I installed both programs into the directory.. I just don't know what i'm doing in Lua.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:50 AM »
A couple things.  In Lua, you'll need to name and save your test file. In this example, I just named this test.lua.

Also, if you are starting a new script that uses these subs, then you'll need to include them with the "dofile" statement.  Therefore:

Code: [Select]
dofile("tm_runebook_travel12.lua")
while true do
  for x=1,8 do
    TM_TravelFromRunebook("re",x,x,"IWEPUVD") -- travels from rune locations 1 to 8 and then repeats
    wait(200)
  end
end

If you save this as "test.lua" and run it, then you should immediately get

TM_TravelFromRunebook -- I cannot locate this runebook

This means you are calling the routine and the error handling is taking over.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
And then you should change the ID in the test script there to the ID of your book.  And it will work. :)

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »
is there a way to find the information in OEUO?

Tags: