• Reputation Power: 1
  • 5himmy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Howdy
« on: January 25, 2017, 06:54:16 AM »
Hi guys,
My name is Okan i'm 32 years old, from Turkey, single, coowner of ISP, hardcore gamer.

In 99 I was in high school playing mostly Quake 2 on sanane.com (first turkish online gaming community closed in 2003 and their website still active with "maintenance message" even today) after a while these guys decided to open role play uo shard (last quarter of 2000 or first quarter of 2001 not sure). That's how i got into UO.
It was a server with poor scripts even though i had the greatest UO time in there. In the beginning we were just fishers fishing, cutting fishes, using camping skill to make camp fire (no kindling needed) than cook and sell, that's how i learnt the basics of game also macro mechanics last object, wait for target, last target :) When we discovered WAR/PEACE our rp changed completly :) With my friends (i'm still in contact many of them) we have found our guild, clemency, justice, loyalty, respect,pride and  honor  has a name; HorseLords. With a motto "Armies, I'm not ordering all of you to attack, i order all of you to die - 18 March 1915 " quote from M.Kemal Ataturk. The excitement of PVP there were few RP left. We talked about that with server admins, their response was worse, they decided to close shard in 2002 cause in their opinion shard was just became fighting simulation with chat function. It was one of the saddest days in my life. 2 months later sanane.com closed cause of sued by turkish game distributor. Witch hunt has already begun, many of the free game server providers closed in that time. It was the beginning of era pay to play. Over 6 months noone has the balls to open any game server even service providers refuse to host game server they just left gamers alone.

But HorseLords never give up! We put our heads on it, jumped into hosting business and opened our sphere server, under the name of Nebula (There is a still Turkish shard using Nebula North name but it's not associated with us). In 6 month we had 250 max online and players already started to complain cause they can't join the server until someone disconnect :) We opened 2nd shard name of Locus, and named first one as Quann. We had total 500 online and still players complaining, cause still can't join. Sued many times by game distributors, moved servers to different locations under different company names. I should do illegal business lol i'm good at hiding from law :p In that time i had 4 cases in court, laws were not certain about internet licenses in Turkey also people who earn money from selling games think that we steal their money or not let them earn. They would fight with anything cause they just want to prove that they are against piracy, they put fortunes in that business and you can't fight with them. Spending %90 of our income to lawyers also i have 5 employees that i'm responsible of their payments also i was 18, study in university. I was planing to quit education but i'm not smart as Bill Gates, nor the ballsy as Steve Jobs. One of my friends asked me about selling premium membership, raising shard caps 50 for premium users, i refused that, one of my employe started it without my permission, that was the first time i got stabbed from my back unfortunately it won't be the last. Luckily speed hack and injection hack came in the right time and i had to payback only 2 premium members money back :) Cause of injection i had to close both shards :( I had to abondon my baby and keep goin.

In court i was lucky with a great lawyer saved me abusing some law with proof of not hosting any game as prosecutor claims. After a while i learnt that some genius found a solution for hacks with connector !!!! Why it doesn't come to my mind? I told u before i'm not smart :) We were back boys! Quann and Locus were back, my babies born again with a shiny connector. I can go back to Buc's to cut some heads with a adrenalin rush of loosing all items or killing and taking all loot of my opponent that was the spirit of the sphere PvP. As a human i had many responsibilities in my life and i gave control of server to 2 people. I was just playing as a player when i have free time, they were good at sphere scripting. But i forgot human factor, soon i started to hear about edit and losing many players. The more i keep digging the worse it gets. I found out that the people i gave control made a little fortune with selling items, editing chars, much more i got stabbed again... That happened 3 times with different staff members but this time i learnt my lesson and checking logs 2-3 times in a week. It's sad to see nice people can get ugly for money or for their egos. But cause of UO i got the best friends ever as i can call them "brother" or "sister".
In turkey all man enforced to join army for 15 months after 18 years old or when your education finish. As a Turkish citizen It was call of duty for me and i decided to close the servers before i go in 16/10/2007 . When i came back from army i found out back stabbers already opened Nebula North server... Also hosting in my company :) What a fool idea... But i didn't want to make players sad as people made me before. I asked them to be their hosting sponsor for a 1 rule, never do edit. They didn't accept that and i published their logs on their main web page as real Nebula owner.

From that time i stopped runing my own server and decided to support the work as players deserved. over 50 game servers, 4 shards sponsored by me 15 game servers and 2 shards still running 1 sphere 1 servuo.
I still feel my heart beat when i all in PvP with sphere and enjoy my tamer PvM in servuo. Still have Stones as my cellphone ring tone (Not stereo, MIDI version :p ) Sadly i don't have so much time to play game as 10 years ago.
I just noticed that i registered in 2014 i think today is the day i introduce myself to scriptuo community.
That's all about me, maybe i didn't play in official server but i'm still living with the game :)

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 07:50:00 AM »

Wow!! Now thats an Introduction!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 08:36:54 AM »
WoW  this is really a introduction.     

I'm sure that Crome and Tidus will be able to get in your shoe :)     

Welcome to SUO.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:33:45 AM »
Wow, I've never heard so much litigation used in UO!  That's crazy and really takes PvP to a whole new level.  Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and pretty much blow our minds!

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 04:00:11 PM »
Great introduction! Welcome to SUO!

Tags: