Author Topic: Hail! Counselor Crash returning to UO after 20 years  (Read 1521 times)

Offline CrashsterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Crashster has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail! Counselor Crash returning to UO after 20 years
« on: January 09, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
+1
Hello everyone,

I am Crashster, formerly Counselor Crash on Baja with my mains on Lake Superior.  I started playing back in 97 and continued until maybe 2003-4. 

I'm not sure what is drawing us all back after all this time, but I'm excited to see the community alive and well.  Some of my favorite memories in UO were when the guards were bugged in town and you could run away from them (pre-Trammel).  I would thief around the bank and search for those precious vanquishing weapons, then run like hell on my cable internet (which was still fairly uncommon early on).  My adrenaline would race and people would search high and low for me while I hid, biting my nails. 

I've come back and had to start over, unable to recover my account for some reason.  I came back strong though, with 2 accounts and already a dozen or so completed characters over 2 months.

I've been playing around with UOSteam but the lack of anything new on it in quite some time has sent me searching around for other tools to help me play.  My reflexes aren't what they used to be  :-[

Thanks for helping keep this community going.  I met a lot of special people through UO and it feels very nostalgic to walk up to that Brit bank and still see players shouting "Vendor Buy Bank Guards!"

I bring 20 years of IT scripting experience, which I have been enjoying applying to the game.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:57:31 AM by Crashster »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hail! Counselor Crash returning to UO after 20 years
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »

Thanks for your introduction, we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 01:00:30 PM »
Counselor Chrysalis welcomes Counselor Crash to SUO!  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: