Author Topic: Gimps introduction!  (Read 293 times)

Offline deathwillowTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deathwillow has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Gimps introduction!
« on: March 03, 2024, 03:31:33 PM »
Greetings -

My primary characters name is Gimp, who was a perma-red back in the pre-AOS days on the ATL server who lived at yew gate and hunted champ spawns to crash.  Stepped away from UO shortly after the release of Samurai Empire expansion as I got heavily addicted to classic wow, as did many people no doubt.  After over a decade of playing wow and getting completely bored of it and the direction it's going I decided to pick up Ultima Online again and am loving being back.

I'm 39 years old and work in the fintech space as a software architect.  I've spent the last few weeks scripting a ton of things, including a full mining script that allows you to select n+1 rune books and then casually cycles through all the runes in the book mining in a grid pattern around, moving the ore to the beetle and banking it whenever the beetle is overweight... it also creates new axes whenever you have the tinkering skill to make them as well as displays all the ore you get at each location in an audit log... although I just now started dabbling with gumps and have grandiose plans for what I want this ore audit gump to be.

Once I'm done with the ore scripts gump I then want to quickly move onto a bod filler script, which I hear is quite an undertaking... but I'm up for it.

Finally, as far as want I want to get out of the game I'm looking for a little bit of everything.  I'm currently working multiple mules, a few pvm templates for champ spawning and of course returning to my roots in UO as a pvp player by creating some BOK mages.  Might be a while before you see me in in felucca as I get everything up to speed but as of right now having a blast and looking forward to completing some toons and grinding endgame content.

Thanks,

Gimp

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Gimps introduction!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 05:03:48 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline deathwillowTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deathwillow has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 05:28:11 PM »
Thanks, glad to be here!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 06:06:01 PM »

WELCOME!

Tags: