Author Topic: Let's get even...  (Read 3029 times)

Offline monkeypooTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monkeypoo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Let's get even...
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:06:19 AM »
My name is Tyler.  I suppose one might say that I'm an 'old-timer' returning to the game.
I first started playing UO some time after the release of T2A in 2000.  I played through the introduction of AoS (although I never upgraded :D) and quit in 2003 after making some decisions to get serious about school and putting everything else on hold.  I suppose I just forgot about the game....until recently...
I had played every populated OSI shard during that time...GL, LA, LS, Atl, Chessy, Cats, Drachs....I even dabbled in the Siege...
I had some awesome characters, great armor and weapons, and mad PvP skills (from what I remember of them anyway).  When I came back to it all (same account because I picked the lamest, easiest password back then and guessed it correctly today) my characters were intact and I was ready to DESTROY!!!  The sad facts of it all are: 1) 7 x GM does not work in this day and age, 2) Tank-mages are NOT strong like they used to be, 3) 20 mil from back then was a LOT and is now barely enough to make a MODEST PvP suit, 4) Indestructable of Invulnerability means absolutely squat :'(.  AND WHEN DID 1 MIL GOLD DROP FROM $20 PER TO $0.70 PER?????  I remember the real economy of scouting houses, waiting for IDOC, placing, and selling for real cash... I still personally refuse to put any more money into the game than I already do with the monthly fee.
Back to it then...
I never scripted back then...hell...I didn't even know it existed.  I figure now is as good a time as any to get my fair share of training done...my fair share of loot...all so that I can get my foot back into the game.  I admit; there are a friggin' plethora of changes from my old T2A to right now.  Like one of my buddies still in game from long ago said to me: 'Why not let a script do your training so that you can get back to playing?'  I figure he's right since my once-complete characters are good for nothing (save parts of my crafter with carpentry, fletching, and alchemy and mining/lumberjacking on another character).
I do so hope this puts me in the good graces of the scripting community so that I may start anew and get back to the killing fields of Felucca.

Post Merge: August 16, 2009, 11:12:57 AM
PS:
I do appreciate everything that the script-writers do, even without having used one myself.  Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to even the playing field once more.  Perhaps my programming days will prove useful so that I may become a script-writer myself...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:12:57 AM by monkeypoo »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get even...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
Script writting is pretty easy.. especially if you have ever done any sort of programming in the past.

Either way welcome back to uo and specifically to these boards...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 01:31:21 PM »
Welcome to SUO, you will find a lot of ppl here that will help you in your scripting endevor, and there is a ton of great info, and tutorials...have a look around and enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:38:17 PM »
Thank you for the detailed intro.  we love to see these!  Sorry, would have oked you faster, but +'m presently in line at wiskey Peets on the way coming from Las Vegas. Traffic is horrible, so stopping at ?cdonalds for a drinkypoo.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
Thank you for the detailed intro.  we love to see these!  Sorry, would have oked you faster, but +'m presently in line at wiskey Peets on the way coming from Las Vegas. Traffic is horrible, so stopping at ?cdonalds for a drinkypoo.

Eat, sleep, drink, LIVE SUO, huh TM?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »

Looking at this spelling...I think you have had enough drinkypoo's!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
Heh, lol, I'm not the best typer on a cellphone.  I had my 32oz Guiness last night.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:24 AM »
Past by my house in Temecula and did not even say or wave hi TM?   Booo!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
Past by my house in Temecula and did not even say or wave hi TM?   Booo!

he was way too busy trying to type on his cell phone  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: