Author Topic: Returning to UO after too long of a break!  (Read 2342 times)

Offline ThellirTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Thellir has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning to UO after too long of a break!
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
Hey all just returning to UO after taking a break for 2-3 years.  Missed all the things u can do in it that you are unable to in other mmo's....if only the graphics engine was to that of Warhammer or wow this would be the ultimate MMO for years to come!  Any way...was just wondering if people had suggestions on best scripts out there?  I have a crafter as mainly what I do....with loads of need for the heartwood items and BoD's.  I have a tamer/mage as my PvM...anyways looking forward to chatting around an see what peoples suggestions are!  tyvm

Hylion Kyn

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Returning to UO after too long of a break!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
The funny thing is the same graphics engine is used to render WAR as is the one for KR/SA.  Horrible, no?

Welcome to the site!  Enjoy the access.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
There are lots of good scripts here for all things crafting. Glade to see you come back to UO! I am amazed at how many people have said they are back from a long break, kinda exciting to me hope some of you come play on Legends we could use a few new faces. Welcome to the site!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
Man you can only play those others like EQ or WoW for just so long before that leveling/questing style will drive you nutz.  After grinding up to 80th in WoW, I can't image doing it all over again with another character.  I'm on the verge of canceling my account again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
Man you can only play those others like EQ or WoW for just so long before that leveling/questing style will drive you nutz.  After grinding up to 80th in WoW, I can't image doing it all over again with another character.  I'm on the verge of canceling my account again.

Hmmm...how many times have I heard that now???   LOLOL!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Chuckles082

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chuckles082 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »
Yup did hte same in Eq2 and WoW. World class raid guilds on both(not at the same time). Funny I quit one game to do the same thing in the next. And it feels the same at top-end. Nothing to do but twink your alts really, and it's all just a time-sink. The gold/time sinks in UO might be tedious, but there's always scripts to help with that. :D Plus there's really no end to the ventures in UO. haha. It's amazing I'm still playing after...god, however long it's been, and still stuff I haven't done/seen.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »
like Noobie said, i'm amazed at how addicting UO actually is. people quit, then come back over and over again.

"quitting smoking is easy, i've done it a million times."
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: