Author Topic: Back to Uo after about 2 years off.  (Read 2306 times)

Offline miloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • milo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back to Uo after about 2 years off.
« on: August 22, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
Hello everyone.

Move from Michigan to Iowa about three years ago.  Trying to escape the Michigan economy at the time, seems as tho I brought it with me.  Hey at least we were lucky enough to get our home sold before Real Estate values in our former location plummeted.  Anyway dropped playing UO when I moved here.  Have started up again recently.  My oldest account says I have been playing for 93 months - not sure if thats right, but its been a long time. 

I started playing UO on an old computer and dial up connection.  Even walking around was a slow process.  If I went anywhere near Brit West Bank in Tram everything would lock up.  I used to play a stealther in fel just to avoid the lag.  Had a disarm thief just before Age of Shadows came out and ruined that.  Now that character is a stealthing tamer.  I have since made another thief that also happens to be a tamer.  Odd combination I know but have gotten used to playing tamers.  I mostly play on Great Lakes but have characters on Legends, Catskills, Napa Valley- was in a guild that traveled to other shards and when they moved I just created new characters. 

I've been using an old easyuo script to do the heartwood runic quests recently, and have watched others completing them unattended and wanted a new script that would be less labor intensive, and that is primarily why I came looking for this site. 

Have never done a lot of scripting, but have looked at other scripts and modified them slightly to my needs. Thank you everyone for a the hard work you do on the scripts.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Back to Uo after about 2 years off.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
Howdy Milo, welcome to the site.  Thank you for the great intro!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »
Great Intro! Welcome to the site. I remember when I first seen the game being played by a friend I did not even own a computer and he would show me stuff in game. His connection was so slow that when he would hunt with Blade spirits he would completely lock up until they disappeared. Got to love the good old dial up.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:42:52 PM »
I rember those days .. i used to play on my corps t1 at nights .. and run cirlces around all the dailup users.. was pretty funny...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
Hiya Milo,

Welcome to SUO, Thanks for the nice intro! Enjoy the site and all it has to offer..take your time, there is plenty to see and read here.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: