• Reputation Power: 0
  • Gromphniker has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: August 23, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »
well what to say

i am a returning player with limited time to play.  i played about 9-10 years ago for 2 years.
really enjoyed the game but it has changed more then i  cold have thought.
i have found that none of my characters are playable because there have been so many changes to the game

some people i met in game recomended this site to me and i am hoping to get access

it looks like you have alot to offer

well thats all i can think of
have a good day all

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »
what type of chars do you like to play? i bet a few of us could help you out with some templates you can build

Offline Chuckles082

• Activity:
    0%
  • Chuckles082 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »
Yup I remember quitting the first time after they screwed my characters, then I made changes to adapt, then they screwed em again and had to change all my templates, then AoS came out and any decent gear I had was crap....so I quit. Came back and remade everything from scratch but the economy was good and boned by then. Now it's like 200mil+ to build a decent PVP armor set, and about 25mil+ for a decent weapon. So, not tough to say gbye to offical shards. The freeshard community pretty much has a like mind as far as ho UO SHOULD be depending on the genre of shard you play(oldschool pre-aos/SE/ML etc or pvp shard or clone servers). The economy's still young(not corrupted anyhow) and moderators aren't afraid to ban someone for exploiting or being a jerk just because they'll lose monthly service charges. :P

LOTS of options for templates anymore. Even on OSI if you have an oldschool tank mage or warrior with healing, anat, tact, weapon skill, resist...it still works just plays a bit different. Plus there're lots more options as far as adding something ELSE like chivalry, ninjitsu, bushido, necromancy to the same build to give an extra edge/complication depending on how ya think about it as far as a sway from simplicity goes. :)

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
Welcome to the site! Have a look around and join in on the conversations I am sure that you will find this site really useful if you join in on the FUN.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
Thanks why soul stones are usefull .. just stone off the ineffective skill of today .. most of the time it will be useful again some changes later..

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Chuckles082

• Activity:
    0%
  • Chuckles082 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »
If only I'd done that with Begging, Herding, Item Identification and Armslore...darn. Someday hrmm? :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
Welcome to the site!  Are you back for OSI or are you playing freeshards?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
If only I'd done that with Begging, Herding, Item Identification and Armslore...darn. Someday hrmm? :P

For sure chuckles...  Begging is super useful come hallowean :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »
Ah, that reminds me I have to get begging going on one of my chars; Halloween is just around the corner! :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline GromphnikerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gromphniker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
i was pure mage
i am osi shards
don't really know about the free shards

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:01:05 PM »
Well there are some really good alternatives to OSI these days.  Just do your homework so you don't find one that'll drop around your feet in 6 months (Metropolis comes to mind I wouldn't try again.)....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
Ah, that reminds me I have to get begging going on one of my chars; Halloween is just around the corner! :)

i wonder if they are going to give us anything exciting this year, or if we are stuck with the same old crap....... apples, licorice, and rock candy.......ohh my!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: