Author Topic: Hello. New around heres. :)  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Chuckles082Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chuckles082 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello. New around heres. :)
« on: August 23, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Hi. Name's Charlie. I'm from the midwestern united states. I've done some school for computer information systems but from the time I started and finished it seems there aren't too many jobs where I can actually USE my degree this day and age. Not where I live anyway. So, anything script related is just for fun these days.

I've been playing UO since...uhhh....whenever the Minax Wars started on the live servers. Been off and on the OSI shards since then dabbled on free shards. was on Alexandria for quite awhile, but ended up moving around the country some and playing other games and was awhile before I logged in, and lost an account full of characters that weren't grandfathered, and after that lost a fairly nice house. Kind of neglect I guess, but found more features I like on AgeofVirtues, which is where I'm at now. Communities nice and seems like somethin for everyone as far as pvp or crafting or just hunting. Always loved Felucca-only shards and no skill cap is nice too so.. Hopefully things work out there. :D If only my ping wasn't so crappy to it. haha. But it balances out. Reminds me of the old days playing on dialup just not losing conn every 15 mins. No wonder it took me a year to GM swordsmanship the first time eh? :P

I've posted and helped fix several scripts that were outdated on EasyUO and was pretty regular there but stopped playing on their shard and seems they're kinda snooty about using the scripts on other shards so, looking for a change of pace as far as community goes. This place looks pretty fresh and I like the looks of it so far. HOPEFULLY I can be a semi-worthy value to the community as far as looking through stuff, suggestions, or maybe some scripts of my own that don't have something better posted already.

Looking forward to digging in. Laters. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:27:21 PM by Chuckles082 »

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Hello. New around heres. :)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 04:30:36 PM »
Welcome to the family!! Glad to see some old school players!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
Welcome to the site! Nice Intro, I am sure that this site is going to help you gain interest in the scripting side of the game again Welcome Back!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
Yup should be interesting. Interested in writing one to help with taming and turning in for the Moonglow community collection. Somehow always had an obsession with that one...but with the time it takes to tame and turn in, trying to calculate whether it's worth the time rather than just farming the gold to buy each piece(around 12 mil), which is still pretty steep. heh.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:48:58 PM by Chuckles082 »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
Thanks for the great intro!  I nearly gave up on Alexandria also; I lost my main account because I was inactive 2 weeks over the allotted maximum and that turned me off for a long long time.  But I'm back there since they seem to be one of the most stable ones.  Red Squirrel runs a great place over at AoV, so you should be happy there.  He's pretty dedicated to the community from what I've seen.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »
Hiya Chuck,

Thanks for putting some time and effort into a intro! Much appreciated! Sit back and enjoy, tons to see and read here and a LOT of good ppl!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
Yup s'not so bad there. yeah Alexandria was very stable and I run fast there. No lag. But yeah, turned off for now from there due to the whole lost house/characters thing. It's a fun ride so far at AoV :D haha.

Tags: