Author Topic: Greetings !!!  (Read 2522 times)

Offline SlainTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Slain has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings !!!
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »
Hello,

I haven't played UO since 2000. I am so happy to see that it is still running. Free shards are great, just not my cup of tea. I just turned 40 last year and have found that I have some free time in my evenings to do a little online gaming. I love this game! Wow, lots of changes..

My play style is PVM and like being self sufficient, ie. mule characters. Looks like I will need to find some new friends on Napa. I love champ spawns and the team dynamic that is needed.

I am concerned about the current population, seems very low? Plenty of room for housing! The game play is awesome, and so much to explore. I really like the enhanced client. I hope they keep an option for legacy monsters and a few magic spells, like the e-bolt.

Also, anyone know what happened to KR client? Those graphics looked awesome, I don't like the realism in the new enhanced client.

Last but not least, now that I am a bit older and wiser. I have never contributed to a community like this. So, that would make me a leecher. I have the time, just not the skills. I would like to contribute in some way so that scripting doesn't die in the UO community.

I work for the railroad in Northern California. I have never been married and have no children. My other hobbies are golf and 55 Chevy trucks. I look forward to being a part of this wonderful community.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:23:05 PM by Slain »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:18 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post up a nice intro. Restricted status is lifted and your free to have a look around. Enjoy.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:47 PM »
welcome... i am sure we have some napa folks around here somewhere.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
Thank you for the intro .. hope to see you around and welcome.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
some shards are more populated than others can alwasy transfer over give one of them a try

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
Welcome Slain hope you enjoy the site and as well as the community here!

Also, anyone know what happened to KR client? Those graphics looked awesome, I don't like the realism in the new enhanced client.

Glory to Kingdom Reborn!

You can blame the idiotic Devs as well as the jurassic Classic Client users who which will be the end of UO unless one of the higher powers understand that new players are needed in order to keep Ultima Online solvent. And you won't be attracting any new players with a game based on graphics from what is essentially Ultima VII Black Gate circa 1992.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:05:25 PM by Ultima »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Leave us Pong players be, dag nabbit!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:43 PM »
Drat....you didn't fall for it!

I was ready for some mud slingin'....

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 07:05:50 AM »
Just need uo assist or razor and i'd play the ec a lot more. I still think you can just tie in LUA to the EC client and do whatever you want.

Tags: